PDA

View Full Version : Would you play it if you heard it was good?

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Well everyone, Xbox fans and GameCube fans alike (and in-between), have been b!tiching about the drastic graphical changes made to this game...

Our famed Hylian World went from this...

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/zelda/zeldademo/zdemo18.jpg

To this...

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/space2k1/pics/zeldatoon2.jpg

So here's the question: if you heard this game was good (which is obivious, unless drastic changes are made in the gameplay) regardless of it's cartoony graphics, would you play it, or even buy it?

Just a little poll to see what you guys think...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

Rancey
01-23-2002, 09:54 PM
I will definetely play it no matter what I hear about it, if I hear it rocks I wanna see for myself and if I hear it sucks I wanna see for myself :)

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Dang, this thread couldn't stay in the general forum? I wanted to see what the general Xbox consensus had to say about this....:(

The Terminator
01-23-2002, 10:10 PM
OMG, that went from sweet looking to shiznitty looking. ]=

I'd definately wait to see if anyone liked it...

Rancey
01-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox

Dang, this thread couldn't stay in the general forum? I wanted to see what the general Xbox consensus had to say about this....

Anything for you ;)

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 10:23 PM
lol, thanx Jason...

Azazel
01-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Hell Ya. I love my xbox more than anything, but you cant deny that zelda is one of the greatest games of all time! If I were rich I would buy a Gamecube and just the zelda games. I know of 2 family members that are gonna buy a Gamecube only because they are waiting for Zelda games...... ITS ALL ABOUT THE XBOX!!!

JohnB
01-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Ok, it's gonna take a lot of convincing and high ratings for me to play it. I really don't think Nintendo's move was very smart with this game. The game may sell, but perhaps not as much as Ocarina of Time. If this game totally turns out better than I expected, then I will dish out the money to buy a Gamecube AND Zelda with it. Either way, I am going to try it out. I really don't think it's going to attract as many Zelda fans as previous Zelda games have. I will try not concentrate on the graphics so much ( since I don't like them) but I will look at gameplay, and since I am an audiophile, sound and music will mean a lot to me, too.

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 10:50 PM
I posted this poll for a reason. For one, true fans of the series should be able to know Zelda's good because of the story and the innovative dungeons if anything. Graphics mean nothing with this game. I've followed this enchanting epic thru almost two deccades of different graphical styles, from aliased sprites on Zelda I, and antialiased ones on Zelda II, to Animated versions of Wand of Gamelon/The Faces of Evil, to the best version- Link to the Past/Link's Awakening's sprites...

It suprises and saddens me that followers to this game simply won't play it because the graphics changed to what they should've been in the first place (NES, SNES, GB versions). I wanted to see who'd play the game based on someone's opinion first instead of their own. And now we'll see...provided they don't read my post first...:D

And JohnB, I highly doubt the soundtrack will change for the GCN version of Zelda. The game's had the same sound designer for years now (Mr Wanatabe-san), and if anything does change, it's probably for the better (more erie, cryptic sounds and violin solos, anyone?);)

Heyyoudvd
01-23-2002, 11:30 PM
I posted this poll for a reason. For one, true fans of the series should be able to know Zelda's good because of the story and the innovative dungeons if anything. Graphics mean nothing with this game. I've followed this enchanting epic thru almost two deccades of different graphical styles, from aliased sprites on Zelda I, and antialiased ones on Zelda II, to Animated versions of Wand of Gamelon/The Faces of Evil, to the best version- Link to the Past/Link's Awakening's sprites...

It suprises and saddens me that followers to this game simply won't play it because the graphics changed to what they should've been in the first place (NES, SNES, GB versions). I wanted to see who'd play the game based on someone's opinion first instead of their own. And now we'll see...provided they don't read my post first...:D

And JohnB, I highly doubt the soundtrack will change for the GCN version of Zelda. The game's had the same sound designer for years now (Mr Wanatabe-san), and if anything does change, it's probably for the better (more erie, cryptic sounds and violin solos, anyone?);)

I'm definitely going to get it, and am not concerned about the graphics change because gameplay is what matters.

However, one thing I am concerned about is the game's atmosphere. The reason I've heard that it was changed to cel-shaded is because the previous version may be too scary for little kids (I'm not sure if this is true, but that's what I heard).

Anyways, if this is true, then the game could turn out to be too bubble-gummy (ie. too happy and not very deep). If this is the case, then this definitely will affect the gameplay itself, because in Zelda OoT, for instance, the game was so good because it emersed the player in the story and you almost felt like you were in the game. (that's at least how I felt).

Hopefully, even with the new cel-shaded graphics, the game will retain this ambience that made OoT my second favourite game of all time (nothing beats Starcraft w/ Brood War) ;)

This has been my Zelda speech of the day. :D

GokuX
01-23-2002, 11:48 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they bring this all together.

LynxFX
01-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Absolutely ZERO interest. Never liked Zelda or those types of games.

Might add I have zero interest in the Final Fantasy games as well. Thought the movie was cool though. :p

l Maximus l
01-24-2002, 10:50 AM
Zelda is ruined for me. I was a big fan of Zelda and one of the many reasons why I am not buying a GameCube is examples like this. I hope it's better than it looks.

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2002, 10:50 AM
well Shadow, by popular demand you getting a reply from your xboxaddict ninja hero & role model:D

I have not bought a Zelda game since the original one on the NES (man,... that's over a decade and then some:( ) and I loved that classic. Ever since the Sega Genesis to the Saturn, and then to the Dreamcast I have been loyal to Sega ever since,.. well... until the XBox!
So I know I missed out on the rest of the Zelda classics but this new one on KiddyCube will be the exception.
I plan on getting a GC when the RE: Remake ships and a blue version of the system (you know about one coming?) ever comes out.
But as far as the cell shading of the new Zelda goes, im not gonna hate on it because of this decition.
If the game turns out to be worth my mighty dollar than I will give it a shot.
Basically I will give any game a look at unless it's on PoS2!

I didnt vote on the poll cause I didnt see an option that would fit my pick so I will check it out if it's worthy, but not just because it's titled Zelda.:cool:

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Absolutely ZERO interest. Never liked Zelda or those types of games.

Might add I have zero interest in the Final Fantasy games as well. Thought the movie was cool though. :p

Yo slim, you got it backwards:rolleyes:

The game series is cool, but that movie was total trash and I was happy as hell the film flopped on it's candy ass!:D

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Well, it's nice to see I've gotten more opinions on this (especially one from fellow ninji ;) )....

I can tell that by the looks alone, people are going to dismiss this game, even if the story and atmosphere are all still dark and gloomy (as with the best versions, Zelda I and III). That's really bad, but it's their loss. If you judge a game by what the mainstream media portrays, and not your hands on a joystick, then you may as well just have a fancy car instead of video games, if all you want to do is show it off...

But all b!tchin aside, this is turning out to be a stellar game, even moreso than OoT should the game return to it's roots gameplaywise like the graphics have...I believe all old-school gamers would love to get a chance to slay a moblin, four-headed Gleeok, Pols voices, and the occaisional Gohma or two...;) The way things are shaping up, we may be able to obtain that opportunity...

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Well, it's nice to see I've gotten more opinions on this (especially one from fellow ninji ;) )....

I can tell that by the looks alone, people are going to dismiss this game, even if the story and atmosphere are all still dark and gloomy (as with the best versions, Zelda I and III). That's really bad, but it's their loss. If you judge a game by what the mainstream media portrays, and not your hands on a joystick, then you may as well just have a fancy car instead of video games, if all you want to do is show it off...

But all b!tchin aside, this is turning out to be a stellar game, even moreso than OoT should the game return to it's roots gameplaywise like the graphics have...I believe all old-school gamers would love to get a chance to slay a moblin, four-headed Gleeok, Pols voices, and the occaisional Gohma or two...;) The way things are shaping up, we may be able to obtain that opportunity...

Good points Star Fox 64,...er,.. um,.. I mean Shadow Fox!:D

l Maximus l
01-24-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm curious, Shadow...why are you talking about this particular game that can only be found on the Gamecube when this site is dedicated to the XBox? It's not as if any XBox owners, that don't own GameCubes, would stroll to this site just to respond to this thread. If they wanted to do that, they would simply go to a GameCube website or a general console website. This is an XBox website, hence the name: XBoxaddict.com.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about the new Zelda game. It's not because it looks like crap, it's because I don't own a GameCube and don't plan on it, like the majority of the people here.

Ninja Scroll
01-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Ouch waximus! That's gotta hurt!
Your completely right about this thread, though I did post reply in it, it should be in a GC forum non the less.
I dont know why he is promoting GC games in a Xbox forum though?
But Shadow is a cool cat:cool:

But like my little side kick said, this is a Xbox forum, period.:)

LynxFX
01-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo slim, you got it backwards:rolleyes:

The game series is cool, but that movie was total trash and I was happy as hell the film flopped on it's candy ass!:D

The film was visually appealing and the only problem I had with it was the voice over and character mouth movement. This was the weakest part of the film. Otherwise I found the story enjoyable and the over all scope of the film was quite good. The dream sequence alone is worth the price of admission.

But back to the game, I just don't like role playing games. And why won't Sony show actual in game shots of the Final Fantasy X during their commercials. Why all the cut scene BS(which look awesome but any console can do since it is just prerendered video)?

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Ouch waximus! That's gotta hurt!
Your completely right about this thread, though I did post reply in it, it should be in a GC forum non the less.
I dont know why he is promoting GC games in a Xbox forum though?
But Shadow is a cool cat:cool:

But like my little side kick said, this is a Xbox forum, period.:) Which is why I posted the title in a tactical manner...I'm not advertising anything here...there's no title saying "THE NEW ZELDA'S HERE!!! POST INSIDE!!!!", is there?

But to add further info, I have posted this thread at GCN sites already, and I've brought it here merely to get more Xbox owner's opinion on this game so it won't appear as biased. Any Nintendo fanboy will say they'll buy Zelda, even if they don't have the money, or have never played the series before...believe me, there's a method to my madness...this thread was originally intended to be in the Debate Forums, but I brought it to the General Board to get more input, since it's the larger crowd, and the Debate Forums are all but dead now....

But as you and Maximus stated, this is an Xbox site; however, it is an Xbox Forum as well, with extra emphasis on FORUM. This post can exist whether someone wants to post in it or not, mind you. Either you come in and post, or come in and walk away, it's their choice. And believe it or not, you'd be suprised at how many opinions of Xbox games get posted in the general boards of GCN sites...Even more shocking is that they are positive posts...

Just remember this thread is for those who may see the game and decide to play it instead of buying it (which would be senseless if they don't want it's supporting console), so ease up a little, Maximus- I've just answered all your queries here. Regardless of whether you or anyone else here buys the game at all, that doesn't mean no one here is thinking of playing it. Just look at the poll results so far...obviously that stands for something- and I haven't even voted yet...;)

l Maximus l
01-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Shadow...it's topic threads like this that taint XBox sites. Your reasoning sux once again.

wizkid918
01-24-2002, 01:57 PM
looks dumb

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Shadow...it's topic threads like this that taint XBox sites... that's wierd; Xbox threads haven't "tainted" any GCN sites to my knowledge...and like I said if you truly have a problem with it, then don't post- I'm only posting for opinions on the game, anyway. Obviously the thread won't do the site any damage, seeing as even the mods allowed me to post this...

Just a thought...;)