PDA

View Full Version : The " HomeStation " is more genuine than we think ....

Vteck3000
01-23-2002, 09:53 PM
YES indeed the remours of the famous HOMESTATION are true. Read the fallowing article that i found recently :

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/23722.html

Soooooooo my question is : Are you gonna trade in your XBOX for that new machine or are you gonna keep your XBOX and buy that HOMESTATION ???????????

I for my part will not buy a new machine because i spent already enough on this one. I love my XBOX but i'm getting really frustrated that BIG BILL is trying to get my BIG BILLS $$$$ from my pocket. Soooooooo i may trade it in and pay the difference to get the new console but other than that i really hope he doesn't pull any other tricks up his sleeve. :cool:

Rancey
01-23-2002, 10:05 PM
That article is simply saying Hans Mosesmann said it was real, and that is unconfirmed.

JohnB
01-23-2002, 10:08 PM
****it, thats not fair... they JUST came out with the Xbox and now this... oh so soon. I'm not really going to believe it yet because UK websites have had a history of spreading a bunch of false rumors and such. But if this Homestation is real, is it simply an Xbox and PC put together? If so, I can careless about it and everyone else should also because we all have computers and an Xbox. In fact, millions of people will by the time this thing comes out so what really is the point in getting a Homestation? What can it do that an Xbox and PC CANNOT do?

Azazel
01-23-2002, 10:16 PM
What is so great about the Homestation? If you already have a pc and an xbox then you dont need to upgrade and pay the difference for the homestation. If they will both play the same games, then it doesnt really matter. I for one dont want my console to do email, video, and movies. I just want to play games **** it! Thats why I have the xbox, otherwise Id just be a pc gamer.

GamerSince'76
01-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Sooo will Homestation play Xbox games? I hope so or companies may stop making as many Xbox Games.

Azazel
01-23-2002, 11:01 PM
This is a site Ive come to trust. Check out 2nd paragraph

"The new machine, of course, would also play Xbox games".

http://www.consolewire.com/news/item.asp?nid=2355

GokuX
01-23-2002, 11:32 PM
Did I buy a WebTV console? No. Will I buy this? No.

mattcoxonline
01-24-2002, 12:55 PM
Or you could check this article out:

Tuesday 22nd January 2002

MICROSOFT CHIEF DENIES HOMESTATION'S EXISTENCE

J Allard, head of Xbox as a global platform, has categorically dispelled reports of a complete home entertainment solution from Microsoft today

Microsoft openly mocked talk of a multimedia home entertainment system today, following a round of talk from American analysts last week saying that the machine would ship in the States this autumn. Reports last Tuesday and Wednesday quoted a Prudential Securities analyst as claiming a machine based on Xbox's architecture, playing Xbox games, DVD movies, and including the ability to record TV in the same way as a TiVo and allows for email and Web surfing was currently in development at the firm. Rumour has long named the ethereal project HomeStation.
In an exclusive interview given in London today, J Allard, chief of Xbox globally, was reasonably direct when asked whether or not the machine was real. "What do you say in Britain? Bollocks?" he joked. "That's totally wrong. You saw CES, you saw what Bill [Gates] was showing. HomeStation was a codename at one point long ago. It's rubbish. It's an old codename."

Looking to coming years, Allard laughed his way around any future possibility of a complete home entertainment solution from Microsoft. Would there ever be a HomeStation equivalent? "Maybe. Sort of. Could. I guess," he said. "What we're focused on is delivering the best gaming experience possible, right. We still have plenty of untapped potential."

Allard, currently touring Europe as Xbox prepares to launch in the territory on March 14, confirmed that the highly anticipated console would ship with between 14 and 16 games, with online play available before the end of this year.

Make sure you come back tomorrow for the full interview with Allard and European Xbox director of publishing, Michel Cassius.

LynxFX
01-24-2002, 01:17 PM
Microsoft will continue to deny everything that is said about the Homestation or any other codename they have until they give the official press release. That is nothing new.

So he says Homestation is an old codename. Well what about the new rumors about the E-Station and the X-Station? Why won't he talk about those? :D

Vteck3000
01-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Guys think a minute about this. The XBOX will go online but BIG BILL says that NO keyboard or mouse will ne available for the XBOX.

Why do you think he doens't want a keyboard and a mouse for the XBOX. Maybe it's because he's got other plans.......... maybe the HOMESTATION will feature does hardware.

Why do you think he wants to release this machine later this year........... maybe he waits until SONY comes out with their Specs for the PS3..........

Think about it...............

It's alllllllllll about money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Money makes the society work............... and BIG BILL happy :cool:

robnyack
01-25-2002, 12:09 PM
i'm getting really frustrated that BIG BILL is trying to get my BIG BILLS $$$$ from my pocket.

uhh....thats kinda his job.

Creator
01-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Vteck3000
Guys think a minute about this. The XBOX will go online but BIG BILL says that NO keyboard or mouse will ne available for the XBOX.

Why do you think he doens't want a keyboard and a mouse for the XBOX. Maybe it's because he's got other plans.......... maybe the HOMESTATION will feature does hardware.

Why do you think he wants to release this machine later this year........... maybe he waits until SONY comes out with their Specs for the PS3..........

Think about it...............

It's alllllllllll about money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Money makes the society work............... and BIG BILL happy :cool:

Correct me if i am wrong witch i provably am, but isnt the reason MICROSOFT did not provide a keyboard and mouse was because he wanted all online games to be played with the Head SET so you can chat with your buddy online with out the hassle of typing wile you play..:) I dont know but i read that some were.:confused:

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Creator

Correct me if i am wrong witch i provably am, but isnt the reason MICROSOFT did not provide a keyboard and mouse was because he wanted all online games to be played with the Head SET so you can chat with your buddy online with out the hassle of typing wile you play..:) I dont know but i read that some were.:confused:

Yep :)

xboxmaster2002
01-25-2002, 12:59 PM
i could see if it was a big add on with all of those features but i doubt they would bring out homestation this close to the xbox launch

LynxFX
01-25-2002, 01:16 PM
I don't think the target audience for the homestation is gamers like most of us. That is what the xbox is for. I'm guessing that once he gets the solid fanbase with the xbox then he will go after everyone else that had no intention of buying the xbox. Now he can go "Look at this, it can do all of these cool things like Tivo and email and shop online etc plus you can play xbox games."

Now he gets another xbox into a home that otherwise probably wouldn't have bought it. And with an xbox in a home there is a better chance that they will purchase games.

So don't go fearing or get ****ed off that they are making a better xbox so soon after the launch of the first one. They aren't. They are just going after a different group of people with a new product that just happens to have xbox capabilities which we already have with the current xbox. If you really want this new one then sell your first xbox and get the new one. If this homestation turns out to be anything good that is what I might do. Otherwise I'll stick with the xbox as is.

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I don't think the target audience for the homestation is gamers like most of us. That is what the xbox is for. I'm guessing that once he gets the solid fanbase with the xbox then he will go after everyone else that had no intention of buying the xbox. Now he can go "Look at this, it can do all of these cool things like Tivo and email and shop online etc plus you can play xbox games."

Now he gets another xbox into a home that otherwise probably wouldn't have bought it. And with an xbox in a home there is a better chance that they will purchase games.

So don't go fearing or get ****ed off that they are making a better xbox so soon after the launch of the first one. They aren't. They are just going after a different group of people with a new product that just happens to have xbox capabilities which we already have with the current xbox. If you really want this new one then sell your first xbox and get the new one. If this homestation turns out to be anything good that is what I might do. Otherwise I'll stick with the xbox as is.

Exactly. It's not as if the Homestation is going to be able to play games that our current XBox can't. It appears to be something that adds other functions other than gaming that the XBox is lacking, therefore, targeting additional audiences and gaining a thorough marketshare. If you ask me, this is utterly brilliant business in the making.

Vteck3000
01-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Yes it makes sense that the headset is for GAMING purposes but what about writing stuff on the net or emailing...... think about that........... are you gonna send a voice email to your friend......... this is the market.......... the console market is all about DOMINATING ALL the media levels :cool:

monkeyman
01-25-2002, 07:25 PM
so is the homestation basically another gaming system and what does it look like? and whats it all about?