PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 gonna blow PS3 all the WAY!!!

shenmuefan1
07-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Here's the proof it is confirmed that Xbox 2 is gonna have no backwards compaciblitily.
and Most likely no hard drive xbox is screwed even with perfect dark or halo. I have a xbox and love it but, now with all this I think I will get a PS3 or Nintendo Revolution.
here's the link http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?cid=11&id=16289

TOTTEN
07-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I dont care if you have backward compadability or not. Dont you think that the PS3 will be alot more expensive? Just think the PS3 is "sopposed to have a cd burner". Who the hell burns cds on a gaming platform, thats what computers are for. If you are a XBOX fan why would you turn to the PS3 instead of the hier of the XBOX?

Ralconn
07-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I could understand them taking away backwards compadability (considering it is not that useful imo) but I highly doubt they would take away the hardrive.

callum
07-28-2004, 10:17 AM
has any1 got any screen shots of the possible xbox 2?

Slowride
07-28-2004, 10:25 AM
backwards compatability is overrated. How often do you play games from the previous generation? Not often. I can see playing original nintendo to get back to your roots but who cares about previous gen. Oh, and this thread sucks.

LiquidX
07-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll wait until MS confirms the next gen Xbox specs and GAMES to deabte who will win the next console war.

Daemia
07-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I'll wait until MS confirms the next gen Xbox specs and GAMES to deabte who will win the next console war.

Exactly those are all just rumors and speculations anyway. Its like going hunting for deer when your blind. You may hit something but its highly unlikely :rofl:

AlBoogy
07-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Even if I wanted to believe you, I couldnt understand anything you wrote anyway.

Chr0nik
07-28-2004, 01:42 PM
There is already a thread for this at the top of the page.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57886

Variation-XBA
07-28-2004, 01:55 PM
That's not proof, untill Microsoft says it themselves, which they haven't.

Duke
07-28-2004, 02:20 PM
There is already a thread for this at the top of the page.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57886

True, and if you really want to argue about ps3 vs. xbox next, then it should go in console debate.

Brutus
07-28-2004, 02:51 PM
That's not proof, untill Microsoft says it themselves, which they haven't.

No doubt. This is all speculation. No one knows for sure. All I know is that you can't believe everything you read off the web.

Microsoft has made no such announcement. When interjected on it, they say they can't confirm or deny, but that it would cost a lot of Money. Whatever they choose, I'm sure it'll be the right one. They aren't one of the biggest monopolies in the world because of making poor business decisions. (Look at what's happened to MGS in the last 2 years)

All I can say is: Sony's Bluff, Microsoft's Bluff, Nintendo's bluff; Who really knows?

You got Sony trying to strangle the console market & now the Handheld, Nintendo strangling Handheld & looking to get the Console market going, & then Microsoft.

Last I heard, there were going to be different versions of both Ps's & Xbox's. Different versions for what you want in a console:
some stripped, for playing the games that don't need the HardDrive & you play basically stripped games with Memory Cards. Typically sports titles & the like.

Other, upgradeable versions where it's basically like the PS2 where it's mostly set up for that stuff, but you may have to upgrade the Modem & the Hard-drive.

Then they're both talking Crazy: Sony's talking CD Burner & Digital Video Recorder like Tivo... WHy? I don't know... Something to do with "Entertainment System" ...

Microsoft is talking all of that fancy stuff too, but sensibly. I'm sure you've heard of the MicrosoftPCNext. It's basically a PC Entertainment piece for your TV. It's supposed to have an eye on it which acts like Visual Telephone on your TV instead of COmputer.
It's also Backwards compatible with all Xbox, Xenon, & any Window's Game & Program. It's supposed to be the new Cable Box too!

Nintendo is talking about pushing the envelope too with their next console but they're years behind, it seems. They still haven't even released a DVD-Rom.

So, what do you guys think? WHo is going to push the envelope more? We'll know more later.

CharlieHustle
07-28-2004, 09:44 PM
If you guys look at the number of posts, you can tell the credibility of this person. How bout you get a life and harass the nintendo forum..

TOTTEN
07-28-2004, 11:09 PM
BOOM Shenmue you got served.

Brevity
07-29-2004, 01:14 AM
I think they all will rock, Just Like They Do Now. I will own them all, same as always.

Variation-XBA
07-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Nintendo is talking about pushing the envelope too with their next console but they're years behind, it seems. They still haven't even released a DVD-Rom.

I don't really agree with that, but that's me. They are going to do something "new", not just more powerfull like XB2/PS3, which I will most likely welcome with open arms. But we'll see..

This shoudl be on console debate now:P

Brutus
07-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah. I'm interested to see what comes out. The real winners are us!

SoundX
07-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm basicaly netrual on the subject of backward compatibility, wouldn't mind it in there, wouldn't care if it was taken out.

About the N5 though, I think the graphics of the N5 will still be near the standards of X2 and PS3. It's kind of stupid not to improve graphics when you can, and still use the inovational features they plan to use.

memphissheik
07-29-2004, 12:09 PM
STILL...
don't understand the point of backwards compatibility if you still already have your old xbox???

what's the point...

NEW HOTNESS....old Busted Joint wtf??

ShaDovV RyDer
07-29-2004, 01:56 PM
i havnt ever owned a sony console but my friend has and the one big thing i saw that with the backwards compatability is that when it came time so buy the new console he could keep the really sweet games that he knew he would play later and then he was able to trade in his old console and the sucky games to get a huge amount taken off the new system's price...and right now that sounds sweet because i got a few games i feel like tradin but havnt cause im savin them to c if there is backwards compatability on the xbox2. another thing about backwards compatability is that the xbox live game choices would be huge from the launch and just think about goin bak to old games from xbox and playin them with ur buddies on live. i dunno i would really like them to have it on xbox next but chances are they wont...especially if they take out the black and white buttons.

my guess is they wont have a hard drive because they will have flash memory which IMO is better. i think they will also pass on the backwards compatability.

N1ghtM4r3
07-30-2004, 01:33 AM
In a break from its usual refusal to comment on rumours, Microsoft has branded stories carried by this and other sites relating to the company's plans for Xbox 2 as "pulp fiction" - but has failed to deny the stories, or to back up its allegations.

A statement apparently issued in response to our report earlier this week that Xbox 2 would not be backwards-compatible describes recent reports on Xbox 2 as "nothing more than pulp fiction" and says that "this media conjecture is irresponsible."

It goes on to question the credibility of sites reporting on Xbox 2, saying that "the credibility of any publication willing to compromise fact in favour of a catchy headline must be questioned. Xbox fans are smart enough to distinguish truth from sensational reporting."

However, at no point does the statement deny the accuracy of the story - saying only that "Microsoft hasn't made any announcements regarding the next generation, so it's far too early to speculate about specifics." In other words, if it's not an official Microsoft announcement, it's "irresponsible" to report it.

GamesIndustry.biz absolutely stands by the accuracy of its reporting on the backwards compatibility of the Xbox 2. This story was not "speculation" - it was based on comments made by an extremely senior member of the Xbox division at Microsoft, which were conveyed to journalists working on this site by a well-placed source close to the company.

At present, the technology to emulate Xbox hardware on the proposed Xbox 2 hardware simply does not exist - a fact which is acknowledged by a document released today which purports to be a leak of a white paper on the Xbox 2 ("Xenon") specification for developers.

"Although the architecture of the two consoles is quite different, Xenon has the processing power to emulate Xbox," the document claims. "Whether Xenon is backward compatible involves a variety of factors, not least of which is the massive development and testing effort required to allow Xbox games to run on Xenon."

This should come as no surprise, given that the Xenon hardware is based on the PowerPC G5 architecture. While Microsoft has successfully emulated the PC on previous PowerPC chips, albeit at a significant performance hit, it has not yet succeeded in doing so on the G5 - the first PowerPC chip to drop the x86-style "little endian" processing mode entirely, thus rendering the processing of x86 applications much more difficult.

Another factor may be the change from using NVIDIA as a GPU supplier to using ATI - while this element of the story IS in the realms of speculation, it has been suggested that Microsoft would be unable to emulate NVIDIA's GPU functions on the ATI hardware without risking a lawsuit from NVIDIA.

Given the disparaging remarks made by senior members of the Xbox team about the importance of backwards compatibility in consoles, it seems highly unlikely, then, that the next-generation system will include this feature - even regardless of the comments made to our source, which effectively rule out backwards compatibility entirely.

Much will probably depend, however, on the consumer backlash to the company's current unofficial stance on the feature. Microsoft has previously demonstrated a willingness to change its mind over even huge issues such as its controller design when faced with enough criticism from consumers. A strong backlash now against the lack of backward compatibility in current plans for Xbox 2 could make a significant difference to the console giant's thinking, much as the strong response from consumers and developers alike to plans to axe the hard drive has led to this issue being considered afresh, with a decision on the future of the component in Xenon yet to be reached.

DemonLoki
07-30-2004, 04:03 AM
So Xbox 2 would blow without backwards capatibility?

You know you posted that on a site called XBOX ADDICT!

99.99% HAVE AN XBOX!

I still have my NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and even a Saturn and they all work fine.

N1ghtM4r3 said just about everything else.
"Although the architecture of the two consoles is quite different, Xenon has the processing power to emulate Xbox," the document claims. "Whether Xenon is backward compatible involves a variety of factors, not least of which is the massive development and testing effort required to allow Xbox games to run on Xenon."

Let Sony waste time, money, and effort with backwards compatibility, I don't care if XBOX goes that way, unless it ends up costing me more or waiting longer.

RinG_WuRm
07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
I'm no FAN BOY I am a GAMER,,, I will own both and have more fun.

Whizard97
07-30-2004, 12:31 PM
if XBOX 2 will be backwards compatible or not... I was NEVER impressed with the PS2 and never will be... I doubt PS3 will be anything to write home about... I currently have TWO XBox consoles and NO plans to ever buy a PS2... no reason to.

PS3 won't have XBOX LIVE... enough said ...

If I wanted a child's toy... I'd go with Nintendo... just like GAMECUBE... Nintendo doesn't know when to QUIT.. just like SEGA...

Whizard97
07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Making a statement that because you own BOTH consoles, you have 'more' fun... is both presumptous and ignorant.... you can have enough fun on one or the other to last you at least until the next generation console.