PDA

View Full Version : PGR car unlocking question

Bundy
01-24-2002, 10:39 AM
What excatly unlocks cars in PGR? Is it kudos or is default certain parts of the game or what? I have played for about 4 hours, mainly on the acarade mode and have unlocked only 1 car.

In any event, is there a list somewhere that has each car and what it takes to unlock it? I checked the manual, and I may be blind, but I didn't see much along those lines.

l Maximus l
01-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey, Bundy...the main part of the game is the "Kudos Challenge" section. On the Arcade Mode, as you have mentioned, will unlock some cars, but not nearly as good of ones, only if you get gold on every Arcade track....it's tough!

Kudos Challenge is where you want to focusss 99% of the time. That's the main part of the game. It's critical to get as many Kudos as you can. The more Kudos you get, the more new cars you get. It's really challenging...so, watch out for those walls!

Also, you can get Kudos bonuses by getting as many consecutive Kudos without them falling into the "bank". In other words, if you go around a corner and slide, you will get a bunch of Kudos, and then, if you go around another corner before the Kudos go into the bank, they will add to those Kudos that you already got...when they finally go into the bank, you will notice that more actually went into the bank than what you earned from the slides because they are bonus kudos...this is a very good thing.

So far, I only have the Nissan Skyliner...it's a great car...handles awesome...the best so far...I'm almost to the Corvette....I love this game...it's really tough, though!!!

Bundy
01-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Hey maximus thanks for the reply.

Yeah i did know about bonus kudos. It is a big help in the arcade mode to get those medals. I was looking at the book yesterday and noticed how much deeper the game was than I realized. I will have to start tonight on the kudos challenge.

Back to one of the orginial questions I asked. Do you know from exp or from a source if there is a list of kudos required for each car to unlock it?

Toonz
01-24-2002, 07:51 PM
The best skill you can learn is to consistentley be able to powerslide on those long straightaways to keep the Kudo's rolling.

samslophead
01-25-2002, 09:30 AM
To find out the kudos required to unlock the cars, simply go to the car select screen. Scroll to the car that you are interested in, and look to the bottom of the screen; there will be prompt in white telling you what you need to earn to unlock the car. I am sure that you have alreadly figured this out though.

Snoopy7548
01-25-2002, 08:22 PM
my favorite car is the lotus exige. its not my favorite car in the game, i just want that car really really bad in real life now, its the most awesomest (haha) car i have ever seen. it looks so sweet. i wanna buy one and drive it to school, it would be so awesome. when im rich im gonna buy a few lotus cars, they make the sweetest looking cars.

CRooKiD
02-02-2002, 11:26 PM
the lotus looks like something based on a moon vehicle.. :D

Afro_Boy
02-14-2002, 10:50 PM
yeah the Exige is tight looking to bad it drives like a frozen turd