PDA

View Full Version : What new features in Halo 2...

xboxgamer142
01-24-2002, 11:05 AM
It is a fact, that Halo was probably one of the most successful Xbox games. There will definitely have to be a Halo seuqel, in other words, Halo 2. Bungie and Microsoft have not revealed any plans for a new Halo game, although my suggestions are that there should be more features in Halo 2, than just Campaign and Multiplayer. There should be Training Missions and features such as Replay, where you could replay levels that have been beaten by a player.

I also recommend reading Halo: The Fall of Reach which is the prequel book to Halo on Xbox. The book talks about that happened before Halo. Master Chief's real name is actually John and Captain Keyes was a Lieutanent before he met Master Chief. The book has really intresting things about Master Chief and when he was trained to be a SPARTAN soldier.

What opions do you guys have about the book, Halo: The Fall of Reach, and what new features would you guys really want to have in Halo 2?

Azazel
01-25-2002, 01:43 AM
Deffinetly need more maps!

I love Bloodgulch, but is that the only level anyone on Gamespy wants to play. I cant take it anymore

Triplex
01-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Halo 1.5, or Halo 2, could have cut stuff in it!

Vote for all the cut stuff you want back in the next halo at me and xboxman1's new site! It launched tommorow! Get ready to go!

monkeyman
01-26-2002, 09:56 AM
halo 2 because it will have new lvl are stuff i need new maps that have more veicals (cant spell) and stuff like that and new bad dudes :)

dethfan
01-27-2002, 03:29 AM
I would say more vehicles. I would love to play multiplayer flying an air plane that could hold a whole group of people. And maybe water vehicles, that would be cool. Bigger maps would make it harder and let you drive and fly with more space.

Alec
01-27-2002, 08:21 AM
In Split Screen mode or Online play, when you make a new character and pick their color and stuff, everytime after a match it records the information of what your character did. For example has anyone here ever played the game Perfect Dark?

In that game it recorded just about everything about your character. I liked that I could see how many kills my player has gotten since he was "born" see how many games hes played etc.

X-Factor
01-27-2002, 10:17 PM
More vehicles (land, water, and air), more maps, more levels, more weapons, nuff' said.

ChaZ
01-31-2002, 07:26 PM
And more interesting enemies to kill!

And realistic animals that attack you, like poisonous snake or electric eel in swamp, freak alligator/platypus that humps your leg with sharp barbs in their genital region, or a bird that spits acid poop on you. Make environment more dangerous. Like stepping on rotten branch and you fall down. Or on rock rocks that causes major landfalls.

And they should make vehicles run out of gas make you more careful and make it more realistic!

-ChaZ

Alec
02-01-2002, 09:32 AM
REALISTIC?! I don't call a bird spitting acid realistic, but besides that point you do have some good ideas. Like if there were leaves on the ground and you step on one and it crunches and the enemy hears it.

nascarfan29
02-02-2002, 05:55 AM
I'd like to carry more than 4 freakin' grenades at one time! I know these things can be found all over, but a few more held would be nice. Maybe also being able to climb into one of the baddies skins, covert-like, and sneak around like one of them on certain levels?

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 04:30 PM
I want ALOT more new maps and SOME more bad guys and more creatres and more Vechials

Alien
02-16-2002, 01:46 PM
i think they should have vehicles like boats, and human aircraft you can fly, not just the Pelican which you cant. Also, the use of a tankand Banshee more, and maybe another Covenant aliens that you can tear up. :D

Plewis
02-16-2002, 03:28 PM
(for 1.5)i think there are plenty of baddies. I would probably like a few more guns, maybe a couple more baddies:D , An option where you can play as a covenant guy, or something like that. More outdoor maps. Additional levels. Oh yeah, I think Alec's idea is cool too. I think you should see a kill per death ratio in multiplayer. That would be cool.

mrmp3
02-22-2002, 11:11 AM
General things they should add: More Vehicles, More Weapons, More covenant, flood, and marine models, gore zones (shoot a guy in the shoulder his arm falls off, shoot him in the head his head explodes etc. just like Soldier of Fortune) and how could everyone forget Geo-Mod Technology?

Campaign things they should add: 3 and 4 player campaign's :p :p :p :p (if they had that, I believe that would be the first console game with 4 player co-op story mode excluding Gauntlet Legends and Ganutlet Legacy) more levels, and for the love of god make my Marine soldiers seem useful on the Legendary mode :mad:

Multiplayer things they should add: This an idea on how we could get vehicles to explode in multiplayer. There's this tool you use (can't think of a name but that's not my job) we'll just refer to it as "wrench". The Warthog and the Ghost should explode in multiplayer. However, if they explode, you won't have them for the rest of the match. However, I think "wrench" should be a tool that fixes vehicles. You select "wrench" and you are holding it in your hand, you walk up to a vehicle and hold down the Z button and slowly the vehicles lifebar (you know the one in single player when you have either a ghost or banshee and it slowly goes down) begins to regenerate and TA DAH! You can ride it again! I just think it would add to the realism instead of shooting it with a tank and the person riding it just gets out. Umm...there should also be the ability to have say P1 and P2 vs. P3 vs. P4 cause me and one of my friends like to be on a team, but my other two don't and just end up killing each other. WASUPWITDAT??? Also, I'd like to be able to get in vehicles with other people even though they aren't on my team. I make alliances on occasion in deathmatch only if I'm really getting my ass kicked (only happens when it becomes 3 against one) so it would be nice if that person who I made an alliance with could hop in vehicles with me. I'd also like to have more than 2 boards (say 4-6? Pleaz?) that support vehicles. I haven't even touched half those boards. All I play is Sidewinder. I have some more ideas but this reply is big enough already. Signing off...

animo47
02-23-2002, 11:07 AM
I heard that the sequel to halo is going to be called Earth: Combat Evolved. wouldnt that be awesome, you coul fight the covenant in cities or any other great place on earth plus the story would be really cool.:eek:

squid413
02-23-2002, 03:32 PM
They should make a map creator and put the banshee in multiplayer. Also the covennant tank would be sweet. They should put more weapons in the game (plasma sword). they should also put more outdoor levels and you should be able to download levels onto halo.:)

Warthog
02-23-2002, 03:39 PM
If there is a sequal there needs to be some serious big veacles and more veacles. Halo is such a fun game but halo 2 should have at least 10 new guns and a veacle that hold lots of marines and turets for every man on a veacle. there should be levels with marines driving veacles and leading you if your lost (That would be really spectacular AI) And online multiplayer games with inventory stations like on Tribs. Halo 2 would be the fastest selling game ever and best
:D :D :D :D :)

Snoopy7548
02-23-2002, 06:22 PM
halo 2 should have naked women, everyone would buy it

ChaZ
02-26-2002, 01:00 AM
And more blood/gore! Like this guy below!

http://www.hackvan.com/pub/stig/pix/appropriated-web-graphics/exploding-head.gif

-ChaZ

ALC
02-26-2002, 05:54 PM
selectable characters? and surely that l33t boat thing.. you know the one.... The game also lacks coinbird :rolleyes:. More, larger levels, crazy cheat codes and more enemies/weapons. we'll see how many of these show up in the final.. /me crosses fingers for coinbird.:p

Alec
02-26-2002, 07:22 PM
They should also have cheats like in Goldeneye or Perfect Dark, where you have to earn the cheats. Like in order to get invincible you have to beat the last level on legendary under a certain time. And just a bunch of other cheats like that.

chili325
02-26-2002, 08:40 PM
How bout some bots 4 multiplayer. If uve read the book u could have multiplayer missions (much like perfect dark) where you and cortana have to make it accross certain say; blood gulch, with lots of marines ready to kill u(not spartans). I also think that they should add a little bit more command (hint of say red alert) where you could command one marine to cover another, or defend a position.ect....it was kind of screwy how marines dont know how to drive. On silent cortagrapher there is 3 warthogs but u can only use one. Warthog with rocket launcher in back would be cool to. How bout some mass combat...lots of marines, say 50, and hundreds of covenent. And who ever had the rench idea, it sounds cool, and u would have to pick up a wrench like any other weapon, so u would only have one gun. But u could beat the crap out of people with the wrench. P.S. Everyone read the book, its one of the only games that they can make a really good book, and this book could make an awesome set of movies, if done right. And im spent...

Warthog
02-27-2002, 04:19 PM
After re thinking it Halo 2 should have the followowing
1.More guns (human,covenent) at least 10 more
2.More veacles (Bigger tank wich is really hevily armed and is super hard to kill the driver, and turrets sticking out so Marines could each use one)(Amiphibious vealce wich could go on water and land that would transport marienes to a are hard to get to.
3. Bots with skill levels like on perfect dark, if their where bots and they could drive veacles that would be cool
4.Big amout of marines charging at a even bigger amount of covenent or other enemy's.
5.Marines able to drive veacles(THIS WOULD BE AMAZING A.I
6.Bigger campain with more driving veacles,running around shooten people,more sniping.

For PS2 and Game Cube this dream game could not work for the sole reason of Hardware. BUT Xbox hardware has the capacity so iwould not be surprised if their is a halo 2 and better than my 6 ideas
:cool: :) ;) :cool:

Snoopy7548
02-27-2002, 05:08 PM
yea, having a marine drive the warthog while u shoot the gun would be awesome

frog11983
02-27-2002, 11:06 PM
Actually, I was playing level 5 on easy, and all of a sudden a marine hopped into a ghost, and then when more ghosts were available, the remaining marines hopped into those. I had never seen that before. There were 3 or 4 marines cruising around, and occasionally crashing into each other and other things. (They were horrible drivers) However, they couldn't flip them back over once they wrecked them. It was quite funny to watch.

Has any one else seen this?

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 10:29 AM
I think Halo 2 should have bots for multiplayer. That makes game s a lot more fun. Also maybe a better selection of weapons. I really hate the plasma weapons. That would make that the best game on xbox.

chili325
03-04-2002, 04:05 PM
If anyone has played perfect dark, one of the coolest weapon is the slayer, where u can remotely control the rockets. This would be awesome for either capture the flag, or 4 just kikkin ass

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 05:59 PM
yea, theres a weapon like that in metal gear solid, i think its called the nikita or something, its cool

scavenger
03-07-2002, 09:57 AM
I think Halo 2 needs :

1- Bots.
2- New weapons.
3- Good storyline (bungie really rocks, i dont worry about it).
4- New vehicles such as human aircraft or chopper.
5- Gore zones could be awesome, dont know if its possible..theses kind of features just eat alot of memory.
6- I think master chief do not run enought fast.
7- A kind of strategy planner (form groups of marines).
8- Optimized A.I. (even if the current one is very good).
9- Carrying more than 4 grenades.
10-Air support ? (needed if no new air vehicles).
11-A day/night cycle could be crazy (based on your xbox time).
12-Better shadows (u ever look on the ground to see what about ur shadow ?).
13-Some kind of experience points (based on kills).
14- And finally another very good soundtrack as the first one. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My english is horrible. Sorry.

Snoopy7548
03-07-2002, 01:55 PM
gore zones are possible, they have them on soldier of fortune, its so awesome when u blow someones arm or leg off:D

scavenger
03-07-2002, 04:07 PM
i know.. everything is possible for the xbox, what i wanted to say is if its possible for the coders to change dramatically their models to fit this new feature

Alec
03-09-2002, 02:32 AM
Hello

Alien
03-11-2002, 06:48 AM
Yes, i have seem marines jump into ghosts on 'The Assult on the Control Room'. You're right, they are horrible drivers. One got blown up with the covenant tank, and the others just drove around.

Kortiz
03-13-2002, 09:41 PM
kk.....if Halo2 was just like the first i would still buy it, one think i would like to see changed is when the chick in the chip in your neck......when she starts talking, the other sounds need to be lowered in sound level so that you can hear what she is saying exactly, most times i would hear her for a little bit but there would be lots of background sounds that kind of rendered me from hearing what she was saying. they should change that and have the ability to implement your own music into the game, all xbox games should have this feature, extra insentive to buy and xbox and make the game more enjoyable seeing as the music you listen to in your car put into the game would be UBAH!!!

pretty much what everyone else said is a good upgrade, defenately need to be an underwater level in Halo2.......that would be awesome, some sort of motorcycle would be awesome too, they should make it BUELL.....like on that TNT move Witchblade....ubah movie too, yuppers thats aboot it i think

more of everything that was in this game....MORE MORE MORE

Snoopy7548
03-14-2002, 02:07 PM
they should make the game longer and have more weapons/enemies/vehicles

Yolo
03-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Here's just three of the suggestions from our corner. And of coarse they all deal with multiplayer.

#1 - Include AI: meaning, we want sim-players/computer players to play against like Perfect Dark did. We need to practice!!!

#2 - For CTF, include flag returns in the stat screen: This is way more important than assists. Flag returns make you feel good. Let us be able to gloat on this statistic.

#3 - Break down Kills on the stat screen: Who killed who how many times. This will definitely invoke even more anger...

E Nomini Patri
03-26-2002, 09:53 PM
But I think it should be taken even further: Kills, shots fired, accuracy, limb hits, body hits, head hits, other, favorite gun, strength (very aggressive, head shots abound, etc.), weakness (where's the ammo?, where's the overshield?, etc.), lemming award, most deadly, most cowardly, most airmiles, most succeptible to rockets in face :), etc. Kinda like in Goldeneye OO7 for the 64.

Jacob
03-27-2002, 11:15 AM
yes, I've seen the marines drive..they not the best. They drive like a little bet better than a beggineer, but heck who is going to drive that other bangicee(i have never seen them drive a tank or a warthog yet)

Tyler_Durton
03-27-2002, 06:28 PM
I like the concept of two disk in the next release of Halo, the first disk can be pure single player and disk two can be pure multiplayer. That way the disks can be swapped, the idea of being able to multi disk boot might mean that later map makers and patches can be saved to your Xbox hard drive to enhance games further. I think of it like the days of GT 1 and 2 Gt 1 had one Cd Gt 2 split up arcade and standard on two cds the made one hell of an improvement to game play. The first cd might also act as a standard multiplayer map pakc, that way if you have a friend who doesn't have a copy of the game they can use you cd the spawn a game, smae concept a Star Craft spawning.

Just some thoughts.
Cheers
tyler

snapneck
03-27-2002, 07:11 PM
BEUTIFUL IDEAS Tyler_Durton. I THINK the best way to go for Halo 2 is to just have more options on the multiplayer, and the whole seperate disk thing. amazing! the single player would need an entirely new story though, and that may take awhile, considering the ending. Good ideas man, i hope someone important is listening!!!:)

Huckleberry
03-31-2002, 04:02 AM
after 14 straight multiplayer hours today, i have found some things i'd love to see added to halo 2

1) the ability to have more than two teams...3 or 4 would be great

2) the ability to see game parameters that affect one team only. i.e. odd man out - we often have an uneven number of people, so well play 6-7 or something like that. odd man out affects both teams, so it sometimes is 6-6 but also sometimes it's 5-7. by setting one team up for odd man out, it would stay 6-6 for the whole match.

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 12:56 PM
Yes the marines drive, I was playing AOTCR and got to the part with the marines being pinned down in that wide open area by the Covenant tank. I got on a ghost and flew over to pick up the rocket launcher and the second I got off this idiotic marine jumped on and ran me over.

Whatsupwitdat!?

Jacob
03-31-2002, 01:25 PM
I don't think they need those stupid awards like in goldeneye. like the where's the ammo..just mabey show reg stastics like in Perfect Dark.

I understand why they didn't do odd man out for both teams..cause then what's the point of playing odd man out. It would be better if you could just making the setting to one team(the bigger team)

My freinds hate the odd man out rule. I agree though..there at least needs to be more teams.

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 01:50 PM
My friends like playing CTF with vehicles and I don't. I find it too simple to drive to where the flag is hop out, grab it, hop back into the vehicle and book it back. The only thing that can really take on the Warthog would be a well placed grenade/rocket/well placed sniper shot. So usually I end up playing Vehicular CTF and dominating because like I siad it is too easy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it more difficult and keep the vehicles to appease my friends.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

monkeyman
03-31-2002, 03:07 PM
1.show the forerunners who they are maybe they could be bad dudes:D

2.no flood they were a challenge but i hated em

3.more game things on multiplayer like a tag game where the person who is it kills someone and the first person he kills is it but who arnt it can go around killing eachother still

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 06:05 PM
The only way the flood would not appear would be if the sequel took place where the first left off. If the next game takes place prior tot he events that happened in Halo than they might incorperate the Flood seeing as they have the models and all that good stuff done from Halo.

X-Factor
03-31-2002, 06:48 PM
I think in Halo 2, though system-link, there should be up to 16 players for co-op mode (not just battle mode)!

E Nomini Patri
03-31-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
I think in Halo 2, though system-link, there should be up to 16 players for co-op mode (not just battle mode)!

That would definitely make your X-Box overheat! 2 player co-op causes enough lag on its own! But I must admit, that would be really fun!

Jacob
03-31-2002, 09:26 PM
What do you mean lag???? I never get any lag on co-op or multiplayer at all. Unless I am playing through a network with some lameass with a bad connection you get some lag.

I think 16 is too big for co-op. Remember you got to make the games fun for one player. The world would be tooooo big. I think make co-op four player or 8 through lan mabey. but 16 is an army. way too big. it would be no challenge to the game with the way halo plays(you could just have everyone run at the enemies and shoot while one or two stay behind) that would depreciate the game value.:o

E Nomini Patri
04-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Jacob
What do you mean lag????

There have been moments on co-op when the game slows down considerably. I can't point out exactly where but I have seen it happen before. :eek:

Halo Evolved
04-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Lag in Co-Op, I seriously never experience any lag that isn't in the game besides when the other player is warped to your location if he falls too far behind.

Something cool for Halo 2 should be like a Mech Suit that has some serious fire power. Or even a gizmo that makes a hologram of the player so that it confuses the enemy.

Exatox
04-06-2002, 08:27 AM
The game will slow down on co-op if one player is near a large patch of blood, or if two players are on a vehicle driving through water. Or if there are a LOT of enemies. Like on two betrayals on the bridge where there are tow banshees and like 4 flood with rocket launchers.

Jacob
04-06-2002, 09:35 AM
Oh ok, the only time i experience lag is co-op when a player dies like you said and is near a bunch of enemies.
I never noticed it when you are driving through water though with two people on a warhog.

Yannie Boy
04-08-2002, 11:40 AM
Sorry to say but ive heard that bungie are not gonna make halo2 but in fact that they are goning to make a medievil type game but they said if they were in fact gonna make halo2, it wont be comeing out for a long time becuase they said that they will tak thier time

Snoopy7548
04-08-2002, 03:24 PM
that sounds good i guess, id rather have them take their time and make a really awesome game than take like no time and make a crappy sequel to an awesome game:D

Master Cheif
04-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
Sorry to say but ive heard that bungie are not gonna make halo2 but in fact that they are goning to make a medievil type game but they said if they were in fact gonna make halo2, it wont be comeing out for a long time becuase they said that they will tak thier time

in xbox mag(april issue) they say there is a 35% chance of Halo2 coming out this year but, dont be surprised if it isnt out til late 2003/ early 2004!

it sounds like it most definatley is coming out though.
_

monkeyman
04-08-2002, 06:53 PM
there will deffinentally be another halo its just not gonna be their next game halo will come out year or year and a half probably

ScorpionX
04-08-2002, 07:06 PM
That would be cool if they came out with a prequel to Halo from the book Fall of Reach.