PDA

View Full Version : Are Rare better of at Microsoft than they were at Nintendo?

SoundX
07-30-2004, 02:45 PM
I think with Microsoft they have alot more freedom to explore the games they want to make. But they don't seem to go down so well as expected, where as if they were with Nintendo they'd have a massive fan base who would almost certainly buy anything produced from them.

Really, I don't think Nintendo would have approved of Conker Live and Loaded if it were on the Gamecube, so their deffinently better off with MS in that department. But I was wondering because of their poor sales, wether it may have been the popular Nintendo charecters like Conker (at that time) and Donkey Kong that gave Rare their success, and not their actual quality games.

Anyways, your thoughts.

Xorg
07-30-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure nintendo would have approved it if they approved it back in the nintendo 64

AlBoogy
07-30-2004, 05:06 PM
They couldnt approve it simply because of the fact that THEY HAVE NO ONLINE OF ANY SORT!

TheCovenant
07-30-2004, 05:37 PM
yea, or it would ve called "Conker's offline and reloaded, with better graphics"

Thats right. better grpahics would be in the title.

eh, i think rare is much better here at microsoft. (here?)

Poor sales? the grabbed by the ghoulies game is all they have out, and yea, it got okay ratings and poor sales, but it was only one thing. its all they had ready by the that time. i mean, they had to give us SOMETHING before all the big titles launched. So consider it an appetiser....or the drink you order before the filet minon....

Unreal
08-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Anyways, your thoughts.
Are Rare better of at MS? It depends on how well Conker and Kameo do when they come out. As far as Nintendo approving Conker. I dont think so since the real addition to the game is being made in the multiplayer area. Which is online and since Nintendo is not really going for the online market. I dont see them allowing a graphical upgrade to an old N64 game. But I could be wrong. Anyway, when Rare brings out the 2 games I mentioned and they do well. Then Rare has done more for the Xbox then they have for the Cube :p

Variation-XBA
08-02-2004, 12:39 AM
We'll see after Conker and PD:0 come out to really judge.

l Maximus l
08-02-2004, 12:46 AM
The simple fact that a Rare game is going to be played on an XBox controller versus the cheezy ass LameCube controller already shows promising times for Rare!

George89
08-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Rare's games definatly aren't going to sell as well on the Xbox as they would have on the Gamecube since I don't know how many Xbox owners are going to buy Kameo :confused: But Conker: Live and Uncut looks to be a game that'll sell well on xbox.

ShannonX
08-02-2004, 03:11 PM
i have a feeling that PD:0 wont be out for this platform, but could be a luanch title on the next xbox.

but yeah, they are better of under microsoft than with nintendo, more options, etc..

Variation-XBA
08-03-2004, 12:49 AM
i have a feeling that PD:0 wont be out for this platform, but could be a luanch title on the next xbox.
Yea, that is already the general consenus, since a no show at E3

George89
08-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Yea, that is already the general consenus, since a no show at E3

I hope it's a launch title for Xbox 2...because I wouldn't want it to come out at the end of Xbox 1's cycle, because then no one would get to play it online because everyone would be getting the new consoles.