PDA

View Full Version : ninja gaiden camera issues and more..:)

odpr
07-31-2004, 08:32 AM
recently I was playing ninja gaiden, few things ..

first it's a ****ing good game!! Where this game was hiding all this years ?
whaewaw like the good old times of fighting thinking, story , great, but one thing is amazing me...

the camera issue, no matter what u tell me it's bad, I do agree with many that this game worth the getting use to it, but come on , this is bad programming no matter what you tell me...

Amazing me is gamspot, that last year bashed spider man one
Just because of the camera, and said that this game could get very high score if only the camera was good, what happened this time? they gave ninja gaiden such a high score and preferred to ignore this matter, what amazes me is that even the company who brought this game programmed new version that fix this issue, so that's my opinion on this thing...

LTM360
07-31-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm guessing because as a whole Ninja Gaiden just beats the crap outta Spiderman, burns it, and pees on the ashes...

I personally have zero problems with this games camera, mind you, im very very used to hitting the right trigger to fix the angle, but doing that isn't a problem to me. I'm currently on Chapter 8 and have no idea what to do... I think I missed a weapon I need :cry:

(Warhammer)

Cold Fuzion
07-31-2004, 11:39 AM
And the new hurricane Download from live comes out monday to fix all the camera angles and makes the game harder !!

woooohooo!

Variation-XBA
07-31-2004, 01:10 PM
I wanna try it again with the Hurricane download:)

Shadow20002
07-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Hmm.. the camera won't bug me at all. :)

CarGuy
07-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Yea I really, really can't stand this game. I'm keeping it just for this download than if it is still frustrating then i'll trade it or something...

l Maximus l
07-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Seriously, dudes...I like the camera. It's like any game, if you think about it...all you do is get used to it and then it's fine.

I'm tired of hearing people cry over how hard Ninja Gaiden is... just go back to playing Pac Man, n00bs.

Shadow20002
08-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow, Max got mad....but i agree with him. :)

JJaX
08-01-2004, 02:05 AM
I am failing to see the flaw with the camera.....

Works fine for me...

Learn to use your right trigger, noobs.

Hard Boiled Cop
08-01-2004, 06:54 AM
When you're jumping around other platforms, it does get irritating. But still manage to get use to it.

SoundX
08-01-2004, 09:24 AM
Personaly I've never had any major issues with the camera, but I tend to pull R alot to get it behind me. The only time it can become a pain is when your in the middle of a leap of faith and the camera pulls to the side.

LTM360
08-01-2004, 10:18 AM
I'm with Max, people who complain about difficulty in a game (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Dead to Rights) piss me off, the best games are difficult.

I'm on chapter 9, and gradually finding all the scarabs in the path, go gamefaqs.com! :)

Splinter-Seal
08-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I think the camera in Ninja Gaiden is nice. One of the really nice features of the camera, is the trigger reset. I am a HUGE fan of the Devil May Cry series (which I think arguably is right up there with Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty. The first Devil May Cry possibly surpassing it) the camera in Devil May Cry could be a lil frustrating at times, and there was no reset for it. So, with Ninja Gaiden having it's camera set up the way it is, not to mention the resest. I think it's a wonderful system.

I can understand why some people would get frustrated with this game. There is such a huge wave of Shooters, and mindless killing games out there, alot of people may not be old enough to have experienced the old skool, hard core stuff, rather just been introduced to the gaming world through Halo. I could be totally wrong about that, and I am not really tagging that on anyone. I'm just saying it's a posibility, because I simply didn't find Halo all that mind wreckingly difficult. Heh. However, it is one of my favorite games. Sure, there are RPG's, and Stealth/Action titles out there that are somewhat difficult, but still some of the most acclaimed difficult games, do not stack up with the old skool stuff. For example, I thought Mace Griffin was a huge, and relatively difficult game, with great A.I., and huge levels. Not to mention some rather aggravating moments when you had to find something, or a path. But, sadly there wasn't alot of talk about that game. Oh well.. Yet, I have heard some mention that Rid**** is brainshredding. I didn't find Rid**** a pushover game, but it wasn't anything compared to Mace Griffinf in terms of difficulty. My opinion.

In closing, Ninja Gaiden is simply not a game that you will pick up and defeat with great ease. There may be some folks who have done it, but I'm betting that are less than more. Give your self a chance with the game, and you will be rewarded with a huge slap of success, and one of the most gorgeous games to ever hit a console, imo.

LTM360
08-01-2004, 04:48 PM
I think the camera in Ninja Gaiden is nice. One of the really nice features of the camera, is the trigger reset. I am a HUGE fan of the Devil May Cry series (which I think arguably is right up there with Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty. The first Devil May Cry possibly surpassing it)

I think Devil May Cry is better than Ninja Gaiden, how about you? I mean, a demon with guns, and goes to hell just a much more kick ass idea than a ninja that can cuts heads off... dangit... I dunno, both these games rule....

Original great action/adventue - Devil May Cry
Original great 2D action/adventure - Viewtiful Joe
Xbox's kick ass action/adventure - Ninja Gaiden

Those 3 games right there, are the 3 best games I've ever played on next-gen systems... play them by any means necessary!

I can't pick a best....

l Maximus l
08-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Wow, Max got mad....but i agree with him. :)

lol, dude...yeah, it just gets annoying seeing people whimper and cry about the difficulty of Ninja Gaiden. Seriously, the camera was challenging at first for me since I've been playing so much damn Halo which is an FPS. Ninja Gaiden, being in a 3rd person perspective, was a bit challenging at first. In fact, I wasn't used to it until I beat the boss that's on the horse. After playing against that dude, I got so damn used to it that the camera became like second nature. I wouldn't change a thing with it, personally.

I just think of Ninja Gaiden like any other game...meaning by standing by the ultimate rule of thumb: Just practice a game, get used to the control scheme, and then kick some ass. It's that simple ;)

odpr
08-02-2004, 02:32 PM
well it's funny how much we were craving for game like this , that we dont mind to disreagard the camera problems, ninja gaiden have lot of it, why the right thumb can't control the camera like every third prespective game..

CarGuy
08-02-2004, 02:37 PM
well it's funny how much we were craving for game like this , that we dont mind to disreagard the camera problems, ninja gaiden have lot of it, why the right thumb can't control the camera like every third prespective game..

Because they wanted to make it for people who are cool and not noobs. :rolleyes: Maybe some people like it, but i bought this game and it collects dust because I don't have time to "practice". I have 40 other games spanning every console that I dont have to practice to enjoy.

JJaX
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM

I believe the hurricane pack address the camera "issue." Allowing users to move the camera with the right thumb stick. Perhaps you can still get into a first person view when you click the Right thumb stick.

Im guessing here...

Hard Boiled Cop
08-03-2004, 05:08 AM
Because they wanted to make it for people who are cool and not noobs. :rolleyes: Maybe some people like it, but i bought this game and it collects dust because I don't have time to "practice". I have 40 other games spanning every console that I dont have to practice to enjoy.

What???? I think right thumbstick should definitely solve the camera issues.

Mr. Mojo
08-15-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm listening to a lot of people who are saying that 'They get pissed off when ppl complain about Ninja Gaiden'. Well I'm here to complain too! I would also like to point out that I am NOT a newb! If I like a game, I wrap it. Usually on the hardest possible setting. Ninja Gaiden annoys me. It's pretty. Heck it's downright beautiful! It's a challengs, heck, it's downright hard! These are good things. BUT! .... When I'm trying to fight a guy on a horse, and I find myself jumping BLIIND trying to anticipate where he MIGHT be. That's a serious problem!

As the game stands now there is no real use for the right thumbstick. It SHOULD change the camera. Even Team Ninja seems to think so! This is a valid complaint. It won't make the game any less hard (except from the viewpoint that you'll accually be ably to see what you kill!) If you like it the way that it is now, simply don't use the right thumbstick. For those of us that like the immersive qualities in a video game. For example looking where you want to look. You need to be ABLE to look where you want. There would have been no downside to a controlable camera. Yet, according to a lot of people, myself included, there has been a HUGE downside to the lack of camera control.

I'm not even playing the game right now. I have other games on the go. If there is ever a time that I don't have another game that I'm working on then I'll try it again.

And for a lot of you in this thread, not liking something about a game, DOESN'T make you a newb. Not liking something about a game DOESN'T make you an idiot. No game will please all. I feel the camera critisism is valid.

OC Noob
08-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm listening to a lot of people who are saying that 'They get pissed off when ppl complain about Ninja Gaiden'. Well I'm here to complain too! I would also like to point out that I am NOT a newb! If I like a game, I wrap it. Usually on the hardest possible setting. Ninja Gaiden annoys me. It's pretty. Heck it's downright beautiful! It's a challengs, heck, it's downright hard! These are good things. BUT! .... When I'm trying to fight a guy on a horse, and I find myself jumping BLIIND trying to anticipate where he MIGHT be. That's a serious problem!

As the game stands now there is no real use for the right thumbstick. It SHOULD change the camera. Even Team Ninja seems to think so! This is a valid complaint. It won't make the game any less hard (except from the viewpoint that you'll accually be ably to see what you kill!) If you like it the way that it is now, simply don't use the right thumbstick. For those of us that like the immersive qualities in a video game. For example looking where you want to look. You need to be ABLE to look where you want. There would have been no downside to a controlable camera. Yet, according to a lot of people, myself included, there has been a HUGE downside to the lack of camera control.

I'm not even playing the game right now. I have other games on the go. If there is ever a time that I don't have another game that I'm working on then I'll try it again.

And for a lot of you in this thread, not liking something about a game, DOESN'T make you a newb. Not liking something about a game DOESN'T make you an idiot. No game will please all. I feel the camera critisism is valid.

Well said. I've been playing games for over 25 years and probably long then a lot of these pimply "veteran" players have been alive, lol. Anyway, I quit enjoying "controller throwers" along time ago. Thats pretty much all devs could do with the limited technology and for the uninformed person who said go play Pacman, I'd sure like to see the screen shot where you beat Pacman ;) The game doesn't end after the first level or the second or the third or the hundred and fiftith level. Its harder and more frustrating then NG could hope to be. Gaming at this point is entertainment, and a lot of us aren't entertained by stuff that piss us off. A lot of us aren't willing to spend a ton of time perfecting our video game skills either. Having a family and kids makes those good old 20 hour video game binges all but impossible.

So basically, its very easy for devs to impliment easy, normal and difficult settings. If a dev chooses to only include hard and hardest modes there is no reason for us casual (maybe relaxed would be a better word since casual is usually associated with people who aren't really into gaming) players to get it. You don't have to play the included easy/normal settings in games, so I don't see how it ruins the experience for people who like very hard games.

I'm with Max, people who complain about difficulty in a game (Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Dead to Rights) piss me off, the best games are difficult.

I'm on chapter 9, and gradually finding all the scarabs in the path, go gamefaqs.com! :)

The best games are difficult, but you have to cheat?

If you like difficult games so much you would play them with out cheating. They are much harder that way, you know.

I think the camera in Ninja Gaiden is nice. One of the really nice features of the camera, is the trigger reset. I am a HUGE fan of the Devil May Cry series (which I think arguably is right up there with Ninja Gaiden in terms of difficulty. The first Devil May Cry possibly surpassing it) the camera in Devil May Cry could be a lil frustrating at times, and there was no reset for it. So, with Ninja Gaiden having it's camera set up the way it is, not to mention the resest. I think it's a wonderful system.

I can understand why some people would get frustrated with this game. There is such a huge wave of Shooters, and mindless killing games out there, alot of people may not be old enough to have experienced the old skool, hard core stuff, rather just been introduced to the gaming world through Halo. I could be totally wrong about that, and I am not really tagging that on anyone. I'm just saying it's a posibility, because I simply didn't find Halo all that mind wreckingly difficult. Heh. However, it is one of my favorite games. Sure, there are RPG's, and Stealth/Action titles out there that are somewhat difficult, but still some of the most acclaimed difficult games, do not stack up with the old skool stuff. For example, I thought Mace Griffin was a huge, and relatively difficult game, with great A.I., and huge levels. Not to mention some rather aggravating moments when you had to find something, or a path. But, sadly there wasn't alot of talk about that game. Oh well.. Yet, I have heard some mention that Rid**** is brainshredding. I didn't find Rid**** a pushover game, but it wasn't anything compared to Mace Griffinf in terms of difficulty. My opinion.

In closing, Ninja Gaiden is simply not a game that you will pick up and defeat with great ease. There may be some folks who have done it, but I'm betting that are less than more. Give your self a chance with the game, and you will be rewarded with a huge slap of success, and one of the most gorgeous games to ever hit a console, imo.

The people you heard saying Rid**** is brainshredding must be the rare exception to the rule, as Rid****s main critizism was its lack of difficulty (it didn't have any difficulty settings either. That game was an absolute push over from begining to end. I can't believe someone actually said it was that hard. It struck me and most reviewers as easy enough for pretty much anyone to beat. That is funny. Rid**** is an example of the other extreme where a game is too easy. Although, I still enjoyed it, it should have had difficulty settings so you NG fans could enjoy it. Heck, even a newb like me would have liked a bit more difficulty.

Hey, games don't need to be too easy or too hard considering we have the technology to cater to all gamers. I guess just like the camera with the right thumb stick, Team Ninja was to lazy to add difficulty settings. Both have been used in games for ages now so its not like it takes a team of rocket scientist to impliment either. Or maybe that c0cky, little dork Itagaki didn't want to.

JJaX
08-15-2004, 05:24 PM
You think the game is tough, wait until you play the Hurricane pack.

Im on the 3rd chapter, and it that is difficult.

Normal in NG was easy. But I will admit, this hurricane pack is tough.

LTM360
08-15-2004, 05:33 PM
The best games are difficult, but you have to cheat?

If you like difficult games so much you would play them with out cheating. They are much harder that way, you know.

What the **** is this? I'm being called a cheater cause your sorry ass thinks they are too hard? None of the games I mentioned can you cheat on, NONE. Kiss my ass if your gonna accuse me of **** just because you can't do it. **** you!

Oh, and last time I checked just looking at a guide to tell me where Scarabs are TO UNLOCK THE NES NINJA GAIDEN GAMES, wasn't cheating. It was just being too lazy too look for them all, I bought the game for the NES ones, and I knew (thanks Ninja Scroll) that I had to get all 50 of them, and I wasn't missing one, and having to play the game again, *******.

OC Noob
08-15-2004, 09:57 PM
What the **** is this? I'm being called a cheater cause your sorry ass thinks they are too hard? None of the games I mentioned can you cheat on, NONE. Kiss my ass if your gonna accuse me of **** just because you can't do it. **** you!

Oh, and last time I checked just looking at a guide to tell me where Scarabs are TO UNLOCK THE NES NINJA GAIDEN GAMES, wasn't cheating. It was just being too lazy too look for them all, I bought the game for the NES ones, and I knew (thanks Ninja Scroll) that I had to get all 50 of them, and I wasn't missing one, and having to play the game again, *******.

You can't stand when people complain that NG is too hard, but you use gamefaqs walk-throughs. Using walk-throughs isn't cheating? Gee, I thought figuring stuff out on your own was part of the challenge and using a guide instead of playing the game the way it was meant to be played was cheating.

ps relax, its not like I'm challanging your video game manhood or what ever you're getting so worked up about. I just think its hypocritical to complain about people who think the game is too hard while you are using aids yourself.

LTM360
08-15-2004, 10:09 PM
You can't stand when people complain that NG is too hard, but you use gamefaqs walk-throughs. Using walk-throughs isn't cheating? Gee, I thought figuring stuff out on your own was part of the challenge and using a guide instead of playing the game the way it was meant to be played was cheating.

ps relax, its not like I'm challanging your video game manhood or what ever you're getting so worked up about. I just think its hypocritical to complain about people who think the game is too hard while you are using aids yourself.

I wanted to play the original Ninja Gaiden's cause a buddy of mine always told me how great they were. I'm not someone who explores, so, using this knowledge I never would've thought to wall jump up two pillars to find a scarab, or even the Ninja Gaiden II disk.

Cheating I consider up,up,down,down,left,right,b,a,select,start on Contra/Super C, making Contra easier by having more lives. Finding the Scarab's in no way made the game easier, it could've, but I didn't use the item's I got from Murasama for returning the scarabs, other than the devil spirit to raise my KI, but the amount it took to get, were explainitary scarabs. So I probbaly would've found them either way. The scarabs didn't make the game easier. So I don't see how it's hipocritial when finding an item doesn't change the difficulty of a game.

If you use a weapon cheat in GTA 3/Vice City that's... hence... cheating. If you look at a guide for the hidden packages, I could care less. You still took the time to find everything as opposed to just hitting a 6 button combonation to get them all. I'm also not usually someone to play a game more than once (having enough trouble trying to get myself to play the Hurricane Pack), and I wanted the Gaiden games. I don't see how it's cheating when I did take the time to do it, and didn't just hit some buttons, or buy a $40 piece of hardware to do it for me. I still had to find them, I just had a rough idea where they were. That's like if you're buddy is right next to you, you get stuck and him telling you where to go, that's not cheating, just help.

Yeah, and im really sorry for getting so upset over it. I've got 2 buddies who are jumping down my back about cheating all the time. They call me a cheater (why I don't know) because I won't find them cheats for GTA 3 on Xbox. Apparently it's also considered cheating on THPS 3 if you score over 11 million points, even though your balance meter is moveing... :rolleyes:

I'm just used to jumping down their throat about it, I meant no offense, and I apologize for that outlash.

Jamo
08-15-2004, 10:27 PM
I guess just like the camera with the right thumb stick, Team Ninja was to lazy to add difficulty settings. Both have been used in games for ages now so its not like it takes a team of rocket scientist to impliment either. Or maybe that c0cky, little dork Itagaki didn't want to.

Uh? You just called Team Ninja for being lazy and Itagaki a dork for .... not putting in an easy diffuculty setting for you RELAXED gamers. Itagaki said himself this game is NOT!!!!! for casual gamers or for those who get mad easily. It's for those who want a challenge. From what I heard they thought their weren't enough challenging games in the world so they made one.

The camera issue may be valid yes but don't wine about it if it bugs you. Regardless if you found the camera a problem or not I found nothing wrong with it. It's... not gamerlike. Maybe the reason they didn't bash Ninja Gaiden for the camera is because they didn't find anything wrong with it either. It's the way things are. Work with it and you'll get it it's that simple.