PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn DVD-ROM!

StevXtreme
08-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Hey, guys! Listen to this! My DVD-ROM has started to fool around! When I'm finished playing a game and press the eject button the tray won't open! I mean I have to push the eject button a million times, and after 2 or 3 minutes the tray opens! Why? Does anybody knows WHY?

Reclaimer
08-01-2004, 07:09 AM
There's a short in the switch under the button.
or
There's an interuption between the button and the DVD tray.
or
There's a fault in the Xbox's OS that causes a delay or no response when the DVD tray asks for permission to open, or when it checks itself to make sure it can open.
or
The drive motor is failing, but only if it opens and closes more slowly or noisily.

It's most likely something internal because it does open. A request to open is sent and the OS tells the DVD motor to stop spinning and the laser reader to move to a certain position to accomodate the drive tray to eject.

If there's that much delay with the tray opening, even if the motor was failing, the command to open in general is getting lost, discarded, qued, or unacknowledged for some reason. I might be thinking too much into this, but I think you are going to have to give MS a call because there isn't anything you can do about that.

StevXtreme
08-01-2004, 07:24 AM
I can't contact MS! I'll just let it go! Until 2006 when Xbox 2 is released, I'll hold on!

Daemia
08-01-2004, 04:21 PM
I'd personally contact MS. They'll be able to help you out.