PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Exclusive: 'Enter the Matrix'

Brutus
08-06-2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=107470

So, my question is, why are the Watchowski brothers still writing the videogames?
I mean, I loved Matrix 1 & 2. Well, I loved three two. But not necissarily with the way the story came out.
Though I liked Enter the Matrix vid game, I didn't love it simply because the graphics were pretty crappy & the AI sucked. Other than that, what kind of story was that!? It's like the same!?!??!?!?!?!? WHY!?!!!??!?

But I still bought it...

Here's my thoughts on it:

They need to bring in someone new. Someone who can expand the Matrix universe further than the Watchowski's have. My idea would be to go back & find out how & the heck Morpheus made it out of their in the first place, but that's my idea.

How about a LIVE with a location in a city & have the agents take on all of the hero's! That'd be way cool! I heard a few months back they had that but that they dropped it for some reason or another.

What's your guys' take on the Matrix Movie license: In game ?

Darkside
08-06-2004, 08:56 PM
How about a LIVE with a location in a city & have the agents take on all of the hero's! That'd be way cool! I heard a few months back they had that but that they dropped it for some reason or another.

I'm pretty sure The Matrix Online is still in progress :rolleyes:

If they could make an excelent game I'd say continue with the license.

Brutus
08-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Man. They dropped the first matrix game which would have ruled, because you get to be NEO - at the time where he's building up his focus & towards the end of the game, you'd be flying around. It was bound to be better than any RPG, Action title & shooter ever before & they dropped it.
I say, F Atari. Let Ubisoft take a crack at it. I'm sure they'd make it rule!

DIGITAL
08-11-2004, 09:14 AM
isnt one of the Watchowski brothers now a chick ,i heard one of them had a sex change

Ninj0r
08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
DIGITAL, really? Do you have a link for this at all?

Brutus - A game based on how Morphus escapes, finds Trinty, Cypher and the rest is really a good idea. My idea's to improve on it would be:

- Free Roaming Missions: Say like Spider-Man 2 you could be in the Matrix (Or in the real world) and then choose which missions you want to do.

- Real World: I'd love to see the real world become an integral part of the gameplay. For example; you could go to Zion, hang around there and do some form of side missions.

- Ship Upgrades: Ship upgrades (Obtainable only through Zion missions) allowing you to fly quicker, better EMP recovery time, etc.

-Move Upgrades: Buy new moves and increase focus time (Only in The Matrix)

I'm pretty sure everyone has some ideas to make a good Matrix game (If only The Matrix Online was avalible through the X-Box on Live too :( )

Brutus
08-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Ninj0r, totally. It's all about a good Matrix game. I was stoked when I heard about it. Even more when it came out. I wasn't so glad anymore though when I was playing it through & realized it was a Big Name, High-budget Craptacular fest.
I'll give it to them though, it did play pretty good, felt good, you know, but it just didn't flow. It didn't give me that feeling that I'm actually in the Matrix. Now if they'd have made it where the movies integrated with the game more, I'd be happy. Instead we got small levels that made us feel like we were a small virus that's contained inside the MATRIX instead of actually being able to run here, there & everywhere.
My point is, they should have got in touch with Microsoft Game Studios to find out how they can publish so many games with huge levels.
I like the Idea of Morpheus too! That would keep it fresh, man! It's like the unknown to us, but yet it's familiar!

Ninj0r
08-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah. The Matrix is a whole damn world, yet I was annoyed to be stuck on a linear path just going from building to building (Driving annoyed me too) it got alittle boring after 2 or 3 hours.

I wasn't keen on the controls either to be fair, kept annoying me to use the black button to shoot, the X or Y button would feel FAR more natural in my opinion. Maybe even the right trigger.

This new game though hopefully should bring some joy back into the Matrix, I think the Watchowski siblings are getting abit tired of doing The Matrix though, One and two were excellent movies but the third was lacking.

I REALLY want this game to be a prequel. I'd like to be Morpheus or Trinity, perhaps even Cypher (Abit more character development as to why he hates being a part of the resistance in the Matrix would be nice) Give the whole first movie a new depth too it.

Brutus
08-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Totally, dude. I think anyone would agree that that would be a killer title! We need to get a hold of those guys & tell them they need to do that. Atari owns the LIcense right now, right?
They should do that.
It'd be the one time that the Movie & the Game (Other than LOTR games) both kicked butt! It'd be in it's own league though, like Rid****. Only a little more exciting because nobody knows what the heck happened before Neo.
You are right though, they might have ruined the possibility of that though, due to the "Neo, you were meant to do this. This is the 4th time we've done this... " You know, that really crappy ending in Revolutions. I mean, great movie, kind of cheasy though, wasn't it? If they could key it with only the first movie or with Animatrix or something, I'd do that!