PDA

View Full Version : Friends Xbox Freezing

kornavs19
08-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey was wondering if any of you had this problem or could help.Every time i go to my friends house and we pllay xbox it ends up not being for too long cause his xbox is always freezing..Its wors on NHL-Hitz 2002 but Project gotham freezes and all his other games also...Halo was the only game that wouldnt freeze but he told me that it actually froze the other day..Then when he brings some of his games over here they work fine and go fast..His when they do work fine go so slow..It freezes randomly..Mostly in the menu of a game..Any help would be appreciated...The only help i gave him was if he got the 3 year warranty to hurry up and bring the xbox in and get it replaced or something..Thanks

l Maximus l
08-07-2004, 01:56 AM
How old is the XBox?

lllusion
08-07-2004, 02:04 AM
i get the same problem alot now... i think its my xbox dec 01 xbox...

damn, i hope it doesnt blow up.. cause i dont have money for another one :(

kornavs19
08-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Maxy - He got it the christmas it came out..So Dec. 01'..Same as mine.. The longest warranty was 3 year right ? I think thats what I have, goanna go do teh math and see i f its still under warranty..

CMX Jedi
08-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Maxy - He got it the christmas it came out..So Dec. 01'..Same as mine.. The longest warranty was 3 year right ? I think thats what I have, goanna go do teh math and see i f its still under warranty..
it should still be under warranty till this christmas.

severd hed
08-07-2004, 10:35 AM
you can call MS and extend your warranty also...$26 for a year..good deal for the peace of mind. my friends xbox also does this alot. mine used to do it rather frequently, but i sent it to get fixed (under warranty) shipped it monday, got it back friday, with a brand new samsung DVD drive(had a thompson when it left), and it didnt cost me anything...they send you a box to ship it in, with postage paid. just make sure you back up your saved games to memory cards, cause they erased my drive

CMX Jedi
08-07-2004, 10:42 AM
you can call MS and extend your warranty also...$26 for a year..good deal for the peace of mind. my friends xbox also does this alot. mine used to do it rather frequently, but i sent it to get fixed (under warranty) shipped it monday, got it back friday, with a brand new samsung DVD drive(had a thompson when it left), and it didnt cost me anything...they send you a box to ship it in, with postage paid. just make sure you back up your saved games to memory cards, cause they erased my drive
maybe they just sent you a new one

severd hed
08-07-2004, 01:53 PM
no, it is the same one...there is a little scratch on the jewel, so i recognized it as mine

-Natas-
08-07-2004, 01:58 PM
It could be the drive or maybe the xbox is overheating. You may want to try cleaning the lens and make sure the fan is still working good and not full of dust.

Jamo
08-07-2004, 01:59 PM
The lense could be dusty. Maybe he should try getting a lense cleaner.

MajorTom
08-08-2004, 02:14 PM
My Xbox freezes a lot as well. There's not really anything you can do to fix it yourself without buying new parts or a new xbox. I've tried. But if he leaves it on a carpetted floor it'll freeze more because of static. (I didn't think that would make a difference but I tried it and it did) and also not to place the back of the xbox right against a wall so it can circulate the air better. It will still freeze, but it might make it happen less frequently.