PDA

View Full Version : Madden 05

Rooster
08-09-2004, 05:09 PM
As a fan of the 2k series/espn I have to admit graphical style of Madden is a step back, but the animations I am seeing look so much better. The IGN review was enough to get Madden a new customer, I usually rent it and see how I like it. 04 was a shoot out almost every time, and now every site agrees that this version of Madden has the best engine seen to date on ANY football game. So I have to get it now. I love a lot of things about ESPN, presentation, menus, music, crib, etc. However 2k5 still lacks in the AI department, so I will get both and post up later on it.

AlBoogy
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Animations better in Madden? First time ive heard that.

Xer0Mercy
08-09-2004, 05:36 PM
I just straight up like the gameplay on Madden better. It doesn't have that stupid charge up ****.

CRAYMAN
08-09-2004, 06:43 PM
I just straight up like the gameplay on Madden better. It doesn't have that stupid charge up ****.

That feature just adds depth to the title!!!1/1/??? I rarely use it though. :(

OC Noob
08-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Hit Stick looks cool, but I ain't spending $50 for Madden (btw, it will be $15 in a year) when i can get a game that is just as good (granted in different ways) for $20.

You might as well take $30 out of your wallet, $h!+ on it and feed it to some dogs for all you're getting when buying Madden over ESPN:p

Rooster
08-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Okay I have both now and I hate to say it, but Madden has really found a great mix in this engine. The Ai challenges you to think about your plays, I used the same play 3 times and it only worked once. While the graphics and presentation go to Espn, the gameplay goes Madden. Madden 04 was a scoring fans dream, 05 is a strategy fans heaven. I love the hits in this game, just brutal. I do not see aas many dumb Ai mistakes as in 2k5. There are a few things that suprised me, maybe Madden heads can help me out here.

1. Why most teams have so much frreakin cap room? I play as the Bears and had over 23 mill in cap room. Is this normal for the series?

2. The contract negotians need to have the style ESPN uses, but still pretty solid.

3. The controls need to be tweaked in this series, the 2k series has the best control set up.

Other than those things, which are really minor, the game plays amazing ball.

Spaztic
08-10-2004, 09:07 AM
I wish some of the hits seem a bit more brutal in 2k5, but I am not paying another 50 for it!

OC Noob
08-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Its a great year for football fans.

No, not because Madeen is so good.

No, not because 2k5 is $20.

Its because there is NO Fever, Game Day or Hitz!!!

Casper
08-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Yes, so the turbo button makes everything much better? :rolleyes:

Sorry, after dealing with that lagfest of an experience in NCAA, I will not be looking at an EA title to play online for awhile - and I will never go back to Madden either - sure, it was cool and innovative on the Genesis in 94, 95, but after that, it was the same crap recycled and tweaked over and over until I finally found Sega on the DC, and I haven't looked back once.