PDA

View Full Version : how much do u play?

WoOtY BaLLa
08-09-2004, 05:59 PM
hey i was wondering with all of the new games that everybody has got or will be getting....how much do u play each game you get and do you have some kind of rule like you have to beat it before you buy a new one?

well im going to find that kind of thinking impossible when months like november come when im going to probably end up picking up like 5 games in two weeks.....

Yankeez
08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
thats who was trying to recruit me!

ive played the new rs3 for about 20 mins lol, im just to addicted to mvp baseball

LiquidX
08-09-2004, 06:18 PM
I play until I beat the game. But that doesnt keep me from getting other games. The only game I never beat was Jet Force Gemini back on the N64. Damn that game got hard in the middle... had to save all the bear guys and find the parts to the ship. BAH I say, BAH!

Highlite23
08-09-2004, 11:53 PM
I play................way too much, LOL.

At the moment playing:

ESPN 2K5
Doom3
Sudeki
and Kingdom Under Fire...a soon to be "Preview" for all of you XBA members ;)

Sigma
08-10-2004, 12:16 AM
ESPN NFL 2K5
Smackdown!: Here Comes the Pain (I pretty much always play this)

Huckleberry
08-10-2004, 11:22 AM
i usually play one game on a console at a time. i bought about 15 games at that circuit city 5 dollar deal, and it's gonna take me a loooooong a$$ time to get through them. i'm almost done with season two in franchise mode in nfl2k5 (i played 5 games yesterday...2 online and 3 in my season), and am playing my second time through ff x2 in order to get the 100% completion ending. i play at least 1.5 hours a day. of course, that will change when fable hits the stores.

SoundX
08-10-2004, 11:24 AM
It's summer, my gaming is almost non-exsistant. On most breaks, I spend most my time gaming, for whatever reason. A good game out, outside weather, ect. The summer is when I really live, if you know what I mean. I'd almost feel quite depressed if I spent it all playing games.

So anyway, haven't been on my Xbox in about a month now, and won't for another three to four weeks. On a school week, I play about an hour to two hours playing games. Weekends, five to six. Breaks three to four nearly each day and summer, non. :)

Edit: Having stupidly guess what this thread is about and go ahead and post utter crap, I don't really have a rule for buying new games, like completing it before another or something. It usualy spacens out because of other stuff I want. I'll usualy play a new game for a week or two non stop. Before I go back to look at my collection.

CRAYMAN
08-10-2004, 02:17 PM
If I get a game and it's not that good, I'm not going to finish it.
I'll get something else. And if I do like it, I'll put enough effort into it to knock it out ala Ninja Giden.
But that's just for games that are primarily NON LIVE. Games like ESPN 2K5 that are LIVE are in the rotation ALL year. Halo 2 will be one of those titles.

I play a couple hours each night. :hump:

Anthony4sho
08-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Right now, I only got ESPN 2k5. I'm not playing that much; I'm waiting for the season to start.

faceoff508
08-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Espn NFL 2K5, Sudeki, and Ncaa Fottball 2005, ESPN gets old fast, I don't know why last year i played 2k4 till the year 2071 (multiple start ups) i stopped this July, but 2k5 is not giving me the same longevity, still a good game.

Shadow20002
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
JUst beat it and maybe replay with some kind of unlocks.

JJaX
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
I play................way too much, LOL.

At the moment playing:

ESPN 2K5
Doom3
Sudeki
and Kingdom Under Fire...a soon to be "Preview" for all of you XBA members ;)

:huh:

You got Kingdom Under Fire?

YOU BASTAGE! :cuss:

LTM360
08-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Right now im working on finishing the games I havn't beat yet.
-Chrono Trigger
-Beyond Good & Evil
-Star Wars: KotOR
and that's pretty much it until I beat those 3. Oh, well also playing the Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja Tournament off an on.

Razor70
08-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Not as much as I used too, and not as much as I should..My problem is there are too many good PC games that I am playing right now..most of them online so I spend most of my time there. City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Call of Duty and Doom 3 are just some of the games I am playing right now. But with some of the hottest stuff coming out for Xbox coming up, I am for sure I will be going back to that really soon. I just got ESPN 2k5 tonight and will be picking up Splinter Cell 2: Pandora's Tomorrow and Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow this weekend. Gotta love that Xbox live.

CMX Jedi
08-10-2004, 10:14 PM
i usely just play it till i get bored with it

online games about 200 hours

offline games about 50 - 70

Ninjermy
08-11-2004, 12:28 AM
yea i dont play near as much as i should. i recently bought Prince of Persia, ive played it for like 30 minutes and just dont feel like picking it up again. the same goes for R63, GhostRecon, or THPS3. all i wanna play is DDR!!! i cant wait for the DDR2!!!

SkoalMint
08-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Way to much for a grown-ass man in his mid 30's.

But that being said, no real rules for buying a new game. I usually know the games I'm going to buy well in advance of their release and when they come out (barring any horrible reviews) I pick them up.

MajorTom
08-12-2004, 03:04 PM
I like to play games until I beat them but sometimes I jsut get bored of them and stop playing them. Right now I don' play my Xbox much at all because I have a terrible tv and the screen isn't centered so I can't see everything, and my Xbox is kind of broken, it freezes all the time. And cause I haven't bought any new games in a while.
I got a job now though and I plan to buy a nice HDTV compatible tv, a new Xbox, a component video input thing for my xbox, and Halo 2 as well as Doom 3 and Half Life 2. When Halo 2 comes out I will be playing all the time.