PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005 has arrived. Do I need this game????

CRAYMAN
08-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I've been reading some good reviews on Madden 05.
Many say Madden has the edge on ESPN '05. :bang:

I'm a football junkie, NO DOUBT. Should I get this years Madden(49.99) or stick with my present purchase(19.99)???

I know I could rent the stupid game, but...do I need BOTH???? :(

wise_panda
08-10-2004, 01:53 AM
madden dosn't fly far in these parts.

Heavens Gate
08-10-2004, 06:26 AM
madden dosn't fly far in these parts.

Nor here!!!

Peepers
08-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Just stick with ESPN. In my mind, it's the ONLY football game on the Xbox.

CharlieHustle
08-10-2004, 09:53 AM
I have read the reviews and im still not sold in the madden dept. Im not even thinkin about tryin madden cuz im way too happy with espn now, my lil brother has both of them, so ill see what he think of madden, but he's a madden slut so hell be a lil biased.

wise_panda
08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Told you.

Casper
08-10-2004, 01:01 PM
I look at Madden as being another Fever - won't waste my money even as a rental - screw it, I'm that happy with ESPN (even though people slack with leagues....

CRAYMAN
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
The only thing that tempts me is the "hit stick." Not specifically, but the reports that say the collisions are more violent in Madden.

Although, does Madden have the "gang tackling" found in ESPN this year?

CRAYMAN
08-10-2004, 05:57 PM
I went to EB to check it out.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????????//1/1/!?!?!?!?!

The Addicts are right again!
That game looks like ASS!
And Madden's commentary is AWFUL!
The back of my danglies are better looking than the chearleaders!
The presentation is second-rate....

I'm sure it's a good game, but ESPN is sooooo polished.
I think I'll keep that $50(maybe get Fable).

Timmay2406
08-10-2004, 09:09 PM
I went to EB to check it out.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?????????????//1/1/!?!?!?!?!

The Addicts are right again!
That game looks like ASS!
And Madden's commentary is AWFUL!
The back of my danglies are better looking than the chearleaders!
The presentation is second-rate....

I'm sure it's a good game, but ESPN is sooooo polished.
I think I'll keep that $50(maybe get Fable).

yeah that if freaking great and all, but your are forgetting on thing that Madden has over ESPN...........GAMEPLAY.........ESPN is better on presentation, but gameplay is absolutely horrible....I have never been so disappointing in a game like ESPN...I am a football jnukie and have gotten NCAA and ESPN already....I thought NCAA was the better game byu far and i think Madden will be even better because of defense on where u have hot routes and it can't be a bomb play after play because the secondary AI is so much improved that it makes it alot better....You guys are crazy if you think rushing for 250 yards a game is better then Madden...ESPN gameplay is plain out PA-THE-TIC!!!! I hate this game and wasted what could of been 20 dollars saved towards Madden....I am a moron for getting sucked in on thinking this game was oging to be good!!!

Timmay2406
08-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Another thing I forgot is the freaking leagues we were promised with trades.......Oh yeah trades will hardly fall through and I get disconnections and get cheap wins and cheap losses.....ESPJN Servers suck were you can only get a game going by quick match or optimatch.....While in EA servers you get lobbies and quick tournies and also big tournies..........Man I HATE ESPN!!!

Casper
08-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Another thing I forgot is the freaking leagues we were promised with trades.......Oh yeah trades will hardly fall through and I get disconnections and get cheap wins and cheap losses.....ESPJN Servers suck were you can only get a game going by quick match or optimatch.....While in EA servers you get lobbies and quick tournies and also big tournies..........Man I HATE ESPN!!!
Trades are working in the 2nd week of my league of ESPN - and I can find a match by creating one every time, as long as I don't make it private. Learn how to use the game, rather than blame them - NCAA was CRAP for 2 weeks - you couldn't sign onto EA servers for 3 nights - ESPN had the same issue, but for 2 nights, so it's part of the system.

ESPN = $20
Madden or NCAA = $50

Better game for less money and less hassle with using EA's servers and dealing with their disclosure agreement crap.

Yankeez
08-11-2004, 12:23 AM
i would get it, espn 2k5 is a great game but for some reason doesnt hold my attention like the ea sports games do, i think ill be pickin up madden

CRAYMAN
08-11-2004, 10:36 AM
yeah that if freaking great and all, but your are forgetting on thing that Madden has over ESPN...........GAMEPLAY.........ESPN is better on presentation, but gameplay is absolutely horrible....I have never been so disappointing in a game like ESPN...I am a football jnukie and have gotten NCAA and ESPN already....I thought NCAA was the better game byu far and i think Madden will be even better because of defense on where u have hot routes and it can't be a bomb play after play because the secondary AI is so much improved that it makes it alot better....You guys are crazy if you think rushing for 250 yards a game is better then Madden...ESPN gameplay is plain out PA-THE-TIC!!!! I hate this game and wasted what could of been 20 dollars saved towards Madden....I am a moron for getting sucked in on thinking this game was oging to be good!!!

Looks like someone has "MaddenItis."
If you're getting rushed on for 250 yards per game :O you're calling the wrong defense. And a "bomb" on me is RARE if I have at least ONE safety, unless you're referring to last year's Madden. (It's difficult to decipher some of your sentences.)

Also, could you clarify this
i think Madden will be even better because of defense on where u have hot routes ?

Thanks for posting!

BTW, I might pick up NCAA, but I think I'll skip Madden 05.

ShaDovV RyDer
08-14-2004, 03:57 PM
I like ESPN because its the game I feel most comfortable with...however i have complaints...the servers suk because its seems after every game that stupid glitch happens where ppl send u invite but you can't see them so I play a game then have to restart my xbox...for the leagues people have joined and then left the game entirly leaving their GT in the league while they play Black Arrow so you never get a league game...its really way too easy to run the ball tho I enjoy it cause I'm a running back in real life so runnings my thing...it also took me a while to get used to the passing game.

As for madden i played it the other day at a buddies and it was tight...i hated the controls but they were the PoS2 controls...the passing game is as easy as the run game on ESPN and the run game is somethin I feel like I'm never gonna get used to...I didnt play online which is where ESPN has most of its flaws so this is as far as I'll go with complaints.

All in all both games are tight and have their fair share of flaws so if your a football freak like I am I'd say go with both and if you just like football games then go with ESPN cause it is the cheaper game and tho it has its downs its got plenty of ups to keep you playin until the great games this fall.

idaho
08-16-2004, 02:48 AM
egad i rented madden on friday and i'm still kicking myself for even doing that. the hit stick is nothing to write home about and the game looks like turd. as for gameplay, i think ESPN's got it and Madden wants it. ESPN is the winner hands down this year. madden made me very sad. it made me want to sit quietly.

billlaimbeer
08-17-2004, 12:10 AM
if you want the bible on which title this year check out the gamespot head to head review of espn and madden this year. they break out every facet of each game. it's a great review and seems very fair. each game wins certain facets. espn wins offense, online, graphics and a few others, madden wins defense and franchise. overall espn wins the title of best game. i think graphics probably was the deciding factor because it is an amazing looking game this year.

they're not even counting the price tags. when you throw in the $20 it makes it pretty simple.

Prior
08-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm a big Madden fan but Espn 2k5 has the edge over Madden so i say stick wiht Espn bro.

CarGuy
08-22-2004, 08:39 AM
My friend bought Madden and it's f'n disgusting. The players look horrible, and the gameplay is quick and crappy compared to ESPN. It's just horrible to look at and after playing ESPN there's no way I'd be able to play Madden and enjoy it.

CRAYMAN
08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
My friend bought Madden and it's f'n disgusting. The players look horrible, and the gameplay is quick and crappy compared to ESPN. It's just horrible to look at and after playing ESPN there's no way I'd be able to play Madden and enjoy it.

Stupid ESPN is RUINING our ability to play Madden and enjoy it!!! :cuss:

Hzaarour
11-21-2004, 12:50 AM
it sucks and is now 19.99.