PDA

View Full Version : Which level in Halo is hardest on Legendary...

E Nomini Patri
01-24-2002, 11:37 PM
I would like to know which level in Halo is/was the hardest for you on Legendary mode. I am currently on level 6 where you get out of the room where you meet...the Flood! I would say that level 3 is the hardest, because I had to do co-op to beat it! The others were fairly easy. So, anyway, what do you think? :cool:

Bundy
01-25-2002, 10:10 AM
level 3 is by far the hardest level no matter what difficuility you use.

E Nomini Patri
01-25-2002, 10:24 AM
I just beat level 6! Woohoo! Bundy, have you beat the whole game on Legendary? It's fun to beat a level on Legendary and then go back and play it on Easy! Happy voting!:D

Bundy
01-25-2002, 10:27 AM
I beat it on normal.

Under coop a buddy and I are on level 9 on legendary.

For single player i am on level 3 legendary.

I may go back and beat it on herotic before i complete legendary just to have all 3 icons. That would be cool. :cool:

JJaX
01-29-2002, 03:18 PM
The levels with more covenent forces are harder.

The didnt find the flood difficult on normal or legendary.

And yes ive beaten every level single player on legendary....

And yes i am nasty in multiplayer.

ASk maximus ;)

E Nomini Patri
01-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

And yes ive beaten every level single player on legendary....

Wicked!

monkeyman
01-30-2002, 05:38 PM
crazy i wish i could do that someday i will

X-Factor
01-30-2002, 06:19 PM
The hardest level on Legendary has to be Keyes. I have yet to beat it on Legendary. It took about a week to rip through the first eight levels (pheww!). And I've spent about a week trying to beat Keyes. The Maw may be harder... I'll just have to decide if I can ever get past Keyes!!!http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

E Nomini Patri
02-01-2002, 10:52 PM
Yes! I just got through level 7: The Library! It was actually one of the easier levels in the game on Legendary! You just have to know how to play it right. I love the end with all the Flood!

samslophead
02-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Let me first say, "You guys are pretty bad-***!" I just beat the game today on normal; I died a few times, but it was fairly easy because I played conservitively. However, I am almost scared to try it on Legendary. Is it that tough??

E Nomini Patri
02-02-2002, 12:20 PM
I'd have to say that after you beat the first4 or 5 levels, you look back and say, "That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!" I know darn well that it could've been a heck of a lot harder than it really was! After you learn the techniques of fighting the different enemies on normal, your best bet would be to skip heroic and go straight to legendary and use those techniques to your advantage.

Some tips for legendary: *Use plasma weapons on Elites.
*Always let your shields recharge when you can.
*Try to find a hiding place during a battle so you don't get overwhelmed by enemies.
*Always reload your weapons when you can.
*Replace your plasma weapons as often as you can.
*Use a pistol on Hunters.
*When facing Hunters, get out your pistol, get a Hunter to charge you, and when he starts to try to whack you with his shield, run backwards while facing him and shoot him in the belly when he raises his shield.
*Beware of shotgun-wielding, trigger-happy F***d because a point blank shot on you w/full shields even, means you are dead (this happens mostly on level 7).
*Let the Covenant and F***d fight each other until the firing stops completely, then sneak up on the survivors and pick them off while retreating ot a hiding place.
***GOOD TIP FOR LEVEL 10!***
*Wait for Foe Hammer, if you make the sequence start and let it finish, you get more time to get to the Longsword.

Hope these help!

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 06:03 PM
More tips, if you are having trouble, just charge right through the area as good as you can, then you might have a better chance. Also pick off enemies at a distance, they can't hit you if you are far away. Also, use grenades as much as possible.

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 06:09 PM
If you have trouble on the beginning of level 8, when going out in the open when the blast door open, hide behind an energy shield. The dumb convenant fools can't see you!

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 06:25 PM
they are dumb covenent fools!

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 07:08 PM
Monkeyman is everywhere:confused: I see monkeyman...In all the chats:confused:

monkeyman
02-03-2002, 07:10 PM
yes its true:D muhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

orczone
02-03-2002, 08:06 PM
When the blue ball tells me to wait untile it gets back and then all of a sudden there are a lot of floods coming to get me. This is quite hard to pass at one time on the Legendary level.

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 04:01 PM
YOU HALO NEWB HE IS 343 GUILTY SPARKS A.K.A. THE MONITOR:mad:

monkeyman
02-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Masta Chief
YOU HALO NEWB HE IS 343 GUILTY SPARKS A.K.A. THE MONITOR:mad:

hey be easy on him like he said hes a halo newb and yes that is pretty hard but just because i run out of ammo for my shot gun :(

E Nomini Patri
02-04-2002, 06:59 PM
In my opinion, level 7 was one of the easier levels of the game, because I played it right. When I heard the Flood jump down or hear their annoying gurgle, I got behind a wall and peeked out to see where they were, then threw a grenade. After that, I just picked off the rest w/ my shotgun. Easy! It's fun waiting at the doors, too. If you get in just the right spot, the Flood can't find you unless you shoot them! I'm on the the entrance to canyon B in Level 8! It has been fairly easy so far, but I can't wait for the 2nd generator, and the last battle! The harder it gets, the funner it is!

Oh, and one of my secrets, when I reach a checkpoint, I figure, just charge in because if you die, you go back to that checkpoint! Some of you may find that as complete nonsense:rolleyes: :D , but, hey! It gave me the confidence I needed to get through several battles!

P.S.- Use the needler on Elites. Period. A plasma grenade will do the job, but it MUST be ON them, no by them. When using the Needler on Elites, find an obstacle that is up to Master Chief's torso level so the Needles just barely clear it and when the Elites fire at you, they hit the obstacle, making it easier to lay waste on them. *takes a breath* Ahhh. Please tell me if this helps! And, check out the pic in my sig! :cool: :) :D :eek:

Masta Chief
02-04-2002, 07:45 PM
sorry zone...I got carried away...sorry again:D

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 04:27 PM
Libary those dang heads make me mad i like it when the explode i also dont like those alive with the broken head looking things.

Masta Chief
02-05-2002, 05:56 PM
It is so fun to watch the covenant and flood fight. The funniest part is when the flood that have no arms are chasing the Gruns around a room. Oh and it is funny when you get the covenant to accidently fire at eachother. I got a Jackal to hit an Elite with a charged blast just as I was shooting one at him too. Instant death. :D

Plewis
02-06-2002, 04:53 PM
I havent played it on legendary yet, probably try it in a week or so, I just beat the game on regular, but it is fun to watch the flood jump off the 3rd level in the maw, and try to jump on the sentinels, that's the coolest! They always die at after they fall though

E Nomini Patri
02-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Have fun w/ Legendary Plewis! I thought Normal was hard...Sheesh!! I'm stuck on Two Betrayals at the 2nd Pulse Generator. Man is it hard to escape!

Masta Chief
02-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Now you know how I felt...I finally beat that level. I am at the last part in the Library where you have to wait for the door to the index opens. Once I beat this level, I can then beat that Keyes. ERG that level has to be the hardest...Anyway......I thought normal is as easy as easy. But that is just me. It if fun on the first two levels to just charge into battle and kill everyone...on normal that is. Well I am going!

shererboat
02-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
The levels with more covenent forces are harder.

The didnt find the flood difficult on normal or legendary.

tru tru, the flood isnt hard at all, especially if u have a shotgun with enough shells.....

Masta Chief
02-08-2002, 05:28 PM
only flood that are hard...are the great numbers near the end in library, and when they have shot guns and rocketlaunchers.

E Nomini Patri
02-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Why do you guys think the Library is the hardest? The beginning of level 8 is twice as hard! Keep those votes coming!

Bundy
02-11-2002, 07:50 PM
i still stand by level 3. Level 7 wasn't that bad, just long and kind of repetitive.

Masta Chief
02-12-2002, 07:28 AM
actually the fastest way to beat 3 is be conservative. Take a hiding position on one side of the teleporter room and make sure there are lots of plasma pistols and needlers nearby. Once you get inside the ship it is easier

Bundy
02-12-2002, 07:31 AM
i agree. but getting in the ship can be rough. Espically if you have to fight the teleporter and you have only two bars of health.

Plewis
02-19-2002, 09:02 PM
ok ok... i took the wimpy way out. I just played the maw on legendary. It wasnt that hard until the end with the warthog. I just can't get to the ship in 5 fricken minutes. It is tough like mad!

Witchblade
02-21-2002, 04:50 AM
I found it quite easy to beat the maw on legendary.
Especially the end with the warthog - I finished it with my first try.
But I nearly needed 2 hours to beat the covenent forces after the teleport sequence on stage 3, where you have to wait till the door opens. (There are about 4 Aliens with light sabers ā€“ In my opinion they are the hardest enemies in the game)

Sorry for the mistakes ā€“ Iā€™m swiss :)

cheers
Witchblade