PDA

View Full Version : Is my xbox broken???

xgamerx
01-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey all gamers out there. I have had my xbox about two weeks now and it is sure hard to let go of the controller and go to work.. Anyways I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem I have playing Halo. In the middle of play the game stopped and a message popped on the screen for me to disconnect my controller and reconnect then press start. The game isn't effected just my excitment.. Has anyone else had the same problem..

GokuX
01-25-2002, 12:06 AM
Well if the controller gets pulled out that message will display. I believe also that if the inline connector on the controller cord unhooks you will also get the message. Can U recall if U had yanked the controller at all? It could be likely that the inline connector was slightly disconnected by a little yank while U were playing. If this message keeps recuring and Ure sure that the controller is properly connected to the system and the inline connector is also connected properly, then I would suggest trying a different controller because the controller itself or the cord, or plug head could be defective. The last thing I would suspect would be the Xbox itself, but it's possible that a controller port might be defective. Again check all connections from the controller to the Xbox, if it keeps happening try a different controller, if all else fails, return the Xbox to where U bought it from for a new one. Hope this helps ya out.:cool:

TRUE_GAMER
01-25-2002, 12:13 AM
I hate to say it but the guy at my local Babbages said some of the Xboxes that were first made Had some stuff wrong with them.
He said one was about the controller ports and the other with the dvd player.

GokuX
01-25-2002, 12:21 AM
That doesn't mean that is what's wrong with his though. Any claims from electronics store workers need to be taken with a grain of salt, perhaps a shot of whiskey too.

TRUE_GAMER
01-25-2002, 12:30 AM
But you never know.

xgamerx
01-25-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the input into my problem. My two other games this problem hasn't occured so thats why I was thinking that it was a problem or a necessary function within Halo itself. I think I should return the game console back to the store and see if it can be repaired or replaced.

jvpunk21
01-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Ya, that happens to me sometimes. Only on Halo too. We just ignore it and hit start really quick to keep the excitement going. It is definately not because the cord disconnects. It has to be the game or the xbox itself.

skoot182
01-25-2002, 02:01 PM
* tries to hold himself back from giving another lecture on the XBA Asylum FPCS (First Post Complaint Syndrome) *

SciFi
01-25-2002, 02:22 PM
just do what the message said to...
the sooner you d the sooner yu play...

Markus_Kalarkus
01-25-2002, 02:53 PM
no i know this! my friend s did that to! he returned it for another controller and it worked fine. :) so just exchange for a new one and ull be fine!!!:cool: nuthin wrong wit ur xbox man:cool:

aronx
01-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah. I took the controller out, shoved it in my azz and shot some spooge on it. Works great now!

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by aronx
Yeah. I took the controller out, shoved it in my azz and shot some spooge on it. Works great now!

Uh....ooooooooooooooo k :confused: