PDA

View Full Version : Fable: The Greatest Preview of All Time (IGN)

blackiee2002
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/537/537930p1.html

And look at what the dude previewing it said.
"Bungie, I love you guys, but you may not want to clear a space on your shelf for Game of the Year just yet. Fable, Microsoft's long delayed RPG, is just a few weeks from going gold and it is awesome."

man finally it is on! look at my sig! :p i may be right after all. :hump:

Shadow20002
08-11-2004, 04:09 PM
More previews are coming in the following weeks. :)

No Fear 23
08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
you're fired :p

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60132

blackiee2002
08-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Expressions are a great way to get some good reactions from people. You'd be surprised how many lines of dialogue seem dedicated to people being offended by a fart or belch. The best I heard in my two hours: "Why don't you decapitate yourself and try that again?" I promptly sliced him up and then shoved my sword through his spine when he was on the ground. And then I burped again.

sorry no fear but lets keep this one.

CarGuy
08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
My favorite:

" Take, for example, the wasp head trophy I've won. Right after claiming my prize, I spot three old men sitting on a bench, looking at me in wonder. I display the trophy proudly and they give me props and boost my renown. Then I beat them to death with the trophy.''

Unreal
08-11-2004, 11:38 PM
My favorite:

" Take, for example, the wasp head trophy I've won. Right after claiming my prize, I spot three old men sitting on a bench, looking at me in wonder. I display the trophy proudly and they give me props and boost my renown. Then I beat them to death with the trophy.''
:eek: :rofl:

XboxGamers
08-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Great Preview! The wait is almost OVER!!!

OC Noob
08-12-2004, 02:13 AM
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

That truely was the greatest preview ever for possibly the greatest game ever

Variation-XBA
08-12-2004, 02:15 AM
Yes, I want this game badly, moreso than even Halo2, but Blackie, I'm sorry, they will come nowhere near Halo 2 sales, even on day 1. Care to make a wager for a sig of my choice? ;)

VERY nice read btw :)

OC Noob
08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Yes, I want this game badly, moreso than even Halo2, but Blackie, I'm sorry, they will come nowhere near Halo 2 sales, even on day 1. Care to make a wager for a sig of my choice? ;)

You mean like that sig with the rainbow, lol.

Spaztic
08-12-2004, 10:33 AM
yeah I want this game more then halo2 as well! Everytime I read something about this game it gets better and better!

X-Factor
08-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Fable is going to blow minds when it comes out.

RockTheCasba
08-13-2004, 01:08 AM
its been posted in the rpg section

mattgame
08-13-2004, 01:16 PM
I got the dvd about Fable and I am impressed however, I just don't think an rpg can beat out a first person shooter like Halo2. I will own this the day it comes out.

TheCovenant
08-14-2004, 05:48 AM
spartan barred me from reading it. He said it would ruin the surprise.

OKay, then. I can not, and will not read it.

anyways, shouldn't this thread be somewhere else?

The Jackal
08-14-2004, 03:58 PM
i read this awhile ago... really made me a lot more interested in the game and makes me want it way more... it has so much depth and seems like no detail has been overlooked

TOTTEN
08-14-2004, 04:05 PM
I want this more than halo 2 as of now. I probly will fix my old xbox and then have on bo playing fable and the other playing halo 2.

blackiee2002
08-14-2004, 06:01 PM

i don't quite understand what you just said. are you going to do all the sigs and then make us chose or we each make one and then the other gets it. or the other makes a sig for the other one.

reply me quickly, i know i already won this one.

RockTheCasba
08-14-2004, 06:15 PM
blackie u r smoked out if u think fable will crush halo 2 sales. halo 2 already has like 700,000 copies or more pre ordered or soemthign like that i read in my news paper may be even more it was really early lol.

blackiee2002
08-14-2004, 06:27 PM
what newspaper was that? national enquirer :lol: i am not doubting there would be a heavy fight between these two, but it would be good battle nonetheless mark my words.

No Fear 23
08-14-2004, 06:33 PM
lol... bungie really did stated that had close to a million preorders.

halo 2 has live... fable dosent....

ppl prefer live over non-live

there are more fps fans out there than rpg fans.

halo 2 already crushed fable in preorders by a mile and will continue to crush it when both games are released.

my conclusion.. you lost the bet...eat your words as soon as you can.

Halo 2 > Fable.

blackiee2002
08-14-2004, 07:18 PM
lol... bungie really did stated that had close to a million preorders.

halo 2 has live... fable dosent....
>>> there are more nonlive players

ppl prefer live over non-live
>>> As i said there are more nonlive members

there are more fps fans out there than rpg fans.
>>> true, but there are more hungry rpg fans waiting for a good rpg and they got it (fable)

halo 2 already crushed fable in preorders by a mile and will continue to crush it when both games are released.
>>> you do not know what preorders fable has so you jump to conclusions, for all i care, Fable may have already crashed halo's sales even as we speak (can't mess with hungry rpg fans)

my conclusion.. you lost the bet...eat your words as soon as you can.
Errrr lest wait till its all clear and dandy will ya?
Halo 2 > Fable.

:argue1: now what you got say now huh? :)

l Maximus l
08-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Personally, I hope Fable does well...and I hope it beats Halo 2's sales. Seriously, we all know that Halo 2 is going to sell tons and tons of copies...it's nice to see another Triple A title for XBox.

I think I'll rent Fable before buying since I'm not an RPG fan. Generally speaking, RPGs tend to be too slow paced. I also like the unpredictable nature of real human players not artificial intelligence. That's why I can see myself really enjoying an MMORPG instead of a limited RPG.

But, I do wish Fable the best...and all the RPG fans out there, because, everyone's right, the RPG genre is definately needing some XBox love...and it appears that Fable is going to deliver :)

TOTTEN
08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Personally, I hope Fable does well...and I hope it beats Halo 2's sales. Seriously, we all know that Halo 2 is going to sell tons and tons of copies...it's nice to see another Triple A title for XBox.

I think I'll rent Fable before buying since I'm not an RPG fan. Generally speaking, RPGs tend to be too slow paced. I also like the unpredictable nature of real human players not artificial intelligence. That's why I can see myself really enjoying an MMORPG instead of a limited RPG.

But, I do wish Fable the best...and all the RPG fans out there, because, everyone's right, the RPG genre is definately needing some XBox love...and it appears that Fable is going to deliver :)
I hope fable and halo 2 will make xbox sales go up to stomp the ps2 and game cube down this holiday season. Just think best rpg ever made and best shooter ever made both exclusive xbox titles.

No Fear 23
08-16-2004, 04:51 PM
:argue1: now what you got say now huh? :)

we'll see about that....