PDA

View Full Version : Contest Ideas?!?!

Kamshaft
01-25-2002, 11:27 AM
What type contest would you guys like to see?
(This is a serious question)

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 11:54 AM
How about just give prizes to the person that has the most posts in the forums? :D hehe...jk... It's funny, I hardly am trying...I'm just addicting to this site! Man, I love XBox!

But, seroiusly...I think a good XBox trivia contest might be cool...maybe you can private message everyone with a number of questions and a dead-line to complete a list of questions with answers and have them back to you by a certain time.

The F'n Show has a cool idea with Halo, too....but, the lack of Broadband certainly makes things a little difficult for many members here...which might be unfair.

I know I can't win any contest since I have already...thanks, again, for the game by the way! I'll think about more ideas as they surface...

StudioAlex
01-25-2002, 12:05 PM
How about a spelling and grammer contest for some of these illiterate posters?

Seriously, how about a fan fic contest? It would take a while to grade but that would be cool to see people come up with new adventures for the Master Chief, or whatever.

Infinite
01-25-2002, 12:36 PM
make your own xbox cover for a game. like an alternate for halo etc...

mattcoxonline
01-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Maybe you could get one of the guys who works at XBA to set up a game on an NFL title. (maybe a computer vs computer match - make it fair!)

Each member can predict scores, the closest one wins a prize.

Or maybe you could set challenges for titles. Take PGR as an example:

Pick certain mode/certain track/certain settings/certain car and then members have to send you their fastest times in a race over x number of laps.
Members have to proove their time by taking a screenshot, maybe a photo.

Game Ideas - best one wins...but this is hard to judge and you'll get loads of crap entries.

Hope it helped!

xboxmaster2002
01-25-2002, 01:08 PM
Draw or create what yu think xbox 2 will look like and send in a pic.:cool:

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 01:41 PM
Hey, I have an idea...rumor is that Project Ego is trying to make a new name. I think it would be cool for all of the XBA moderators be the judges on who could come up with the best name for Project Ego and the winner wins the prize, regardless if the game gets that name or not. Perhaps out faithful moderators could propose the idea to Microsoft directly :)

You all have to admit, it's pretty unique that a game with a name already is considering making a new name for the game. In other words, I can't recall of something like this ever happening.

Just an idea...by the way, I have no idea, as of yet, that would be a choice name for Project Ego as of yet. Just an idea that I thought of for a contest :)

l Maximus l
01-25-2002, 01:43 PM
lol...I just thought of another idea! How about, whoever picks the best idea for a contest and that contest is used, that person wins the contest for proposing the best contest :D hehe...is that confusing? I am actually pretty serious :confused:

skoot182
01-25-2002, 01:51 PM
Haha, i think i get you :confused:

gula
01-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Wet T-Shirt Contest! (Only for the women)

Caspel
01-25-2002, 02:33 PM
How about...

1.) Whoever creates the best Xboxaddict related Banner for the site?

2.) Best idea for a sequel or creation of a game.

3.)
make your own xbox cover for a game. like an alternate for halo etc... This would be a good idea.

Those are 3 ideas, then you would need to have requirements most likely. Like of course having them be a member of XBA, and have a set limit of posts in the forums. Just some thoughts.

gula
01-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
How about...

2.) Best idea for a sequel or creation of a game.

3.) This would be a good idea.

Those are 3 ideas, then you would need to have requirements most likely. Like of course having them be a member of XBA, and have a set limit of posts in the forums. Just some thoughts.

I like #3, but the picture would be in the exact measurements of a regular cover. That would be something VERY original, I haven't seen any site do that.

mattcoxonline
01-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
I've done one....but it aint exactly for this site....but the judges (Van anyway) will be pleased, so I might win...

mattcoxonline
01-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

I've done one....but it aint exactly for this site....but the judges (Van anyway) will be pleased, so I might win...
hell, I know it's crap but it took two seconds...

DIGITAL
01-25-2002, 04:07 PM
u should have a creative writing contest ,based upon xbox games:D

techoholic1
01-25-2002, 04:37 PM
Make the best XBA logo or make a game cover for a SPECIFIC game. (Halo? :))

Toonz
01-25-2002, 08:21 PM
Game type challenges would be kewl. For example...........Pick 1 track for example and 1 car from PGR and see who could get the most Kudos, Lap Time, Track Time.......send in picks to provide proof. This could be done with any game just about if you got creative.

I have seen in other Forums where they actually have leagues based on this principle. Every week 3 tracks, 3 cars, 3 challenges. Than using a point system repeat this for 10 rounds and see who wins.

We could even start a forum just for this purpose.

XBOX Dude
01-25-2002, 09:10 PM
how about a catchy xbox or xba saying

GokuX
01-26-2002, 03:44 AM
The box cover idea is a great idea whoever mentioned it. That could be cool.

mattcoxonline
01-26-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
how about a catchy xbox or xba saying
Here's my catchy phrase entry:

"An Xbox a day keeps you happy but poor and would make Bill Gates $300 richer for each one you buy and getting a few games with each one too would make you homeless and then you wouldn't have anywhere to play your Xboxs and then you would have to sell them to buy some glue and sticky tape to stick all the boxes together and then make a house but it wouldn't have central heating or electric but would be big because the box the Xbox comes in must be bigger than the console which is quite big so you would have plenty of room, but no windows. Elephants."
:D

skoot182
01-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Thats a winner :D

XBA Staff
01-26-2002, 07:55 PM
Really Stephen how about a Essay Contest. You can come up with an topic like Online games or What makes a great FPS. Then you can send the entries in to me and I'll judge them.

But we already had an writing contest before like the User Review contest.

GokuX
01-26-2002, 11:12 PM
Eww writing essays is like doing school homework.

VAN
01-27-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
How about a spelling and grammer contest for some of these illiterate posters?

*Grammar. :D

VAN
01-27-2002, 01:42 AM
Stephen and I have discussed the possibility of a "box art" contest in the future. No guarantees, but given the substantial amount of talented artists that have submitted art for the wallpapaer contest, I would think that a box art contest would be a big hit.

Anymore ideas folks?

Infinite
01-27-2002, 11:51 AM
like I said...cover for an xbox game would be tight!!!:) hehehe

gula
01-27-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Stephen and I have discussed the possibility of a "box art" contest in the future. No guarantees, but given the substantial amount of talented artists that have submitted art for the wallpapaer contest, I would think that a box art contest would be a big hit.

Anymore ideas folks?

I still like that idea. The essay idea is just like: You read it one day, say "OHH THATS COOL" and forget about it the next day. See if we get printable box covers, we can look at them everyday we bring the game out. :D

Plewis
01-27-2002, 01:10 PM
how about a poem contest? But, I like the box cover contest too! That would be fun!

XBA Staff
01-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I have an idea that no other in this forum has came up with. This idea is something that Sega Blast City used to do and that is a poster of the month.

At Blast City they used to have a contest called "Poster of the Month". To be win you will need to post reasonable, helpful, and innovative threads. Not many peole won that because not many people can do what I said above, but it's still a great idea.

This idea may seem *** but believe me, it's a innovative idea.

Oh and back in the summer of 1999 I won that contest for the month of June.

Does anyone else remember or knew about Blast City?

Ninja Scroll
01-27-2002, 08:54 PM
Yo, I think everyone has had excellent ideas for future contest. But I like the one (cant remember members name :( ) that said the person that can create the best XboxAddict Logo. I think the person that comes up with the best one should have that become the new logo for the site.
It would be cool to have a fresh brand new logo for the site :D Not saying the one we have is stale or anyhting, but it would reek of awesomeness doe! :)

P.S. we could also use a new (and much sexier) nurse in dis joint kid! :D

grandcrusader
01-30-2002, 06:46 AM
How about a guess who that is in a screen shot of a game?

For instance looking at the lady in Ninja scrolls background you may hazard a guess that it is little bow peep who has lost her sheep! Hehehe
http://www.arcticnightfall.com/ninjascroll/pix/images/image236.jpg

But seriously a contest that shows wierd screenshots of games and requires you to id who is in them would be pretty cool.:cool:

spy_spirit
01-30-2002, 05:38 PM
An Xbox (or Xbox game) Icons or Cursor making contest!

That's will be great!

GokuX
02-01-2002, 02:11 PM
U should have a contest where we guess how long Ninja Scroll can refrain from proclaiming his greatness. :D

skoot182
02-01-2002, 07:06 PM
LOL!!

Hugh_Jass
02-04-2002, 12:09 PM
New XBOX Contest:
Everyone can write Haiku.
Get the idea?

l Maximus l
02-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Beer drinking contest :D

skoot182
02-04-2002, 05:50 PM
how'd i guess you were gonna say that, maxi?

fear_this
02-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Posting Contest. Who can post ... the most?

XBA Staff
02-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
Posting Contest. Who can post ... the most?

No, that's when the spammers start to come out.

fear_this
02-04-2002, 07:43 PM
SSX Tricky High Score contest. Must have a screen shot.

LynxFX
02-05-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
New XBOX Contest:
Everyone can write Haiku.
Get the idea?

I don't know Hugh_Jass,
Over their heads it did go,
Your contest that is. :p

How about we all write lymrics,
and judge them based on the lyrics?
That way we will know
that who is 'Best in Show'
but as always, please don't be d|cks. :D

Whisper
02-05-2002, 05:50 AM

We hold this... soon, not necesscarly on a weekend, so someone might have to take a day of work/school :D

we designate a time... all XBA members who want to participate enter the chat lounge, and then we simply must... talk... the last person who was there originally, is the winner... this could span over the night, and into the next day,,, so it's an endurance contest...

people would have to type something atleast every 5 minutes to be considered active... and in the event of a boot, you have 10 minutes to get back... cause no one will catch a wink for 5-10 minutes...

Muahahaha...
(this is serious)

Hugh_Jass
02-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

I don't know Hugh_Jass,
Over their heads it did go,
Your contest that is. :p

I'm glad SOMEONE was paying attention. :)

Frostberg
02-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
SSX Tricky High Score contest. Must have a screen shot.
can be too easily doctored, and game specific contests are bad because it makes it unfair

fear_this
02-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Maybe we can make a wreckless graphic.

Frostberg
02-07-2002, 09:46 PM
lol 1st one wins...

<---Winner
:D :D

DIGITAL
02-10-2002, 03:43 AM
i think you should have a short story contest based upon any xbox game an if you get more then one xbox site to do it you can have all those story sent to whos ever incharge of the xbox books to make a complation ,i think a complation of storys from xbox addict would crush any other site !!!! :)

DIGITAL
02-10-2002, 04:19 AM
oh yeah ive passed this contest idea around to other fan sites an they thought it was cool.just picture or fourms to come up with the best storys ,an ive allso emailed xbox .com an im waiting for them to get back to me ,its all up to the staff on this one, when the other sites get back to me ill let you know,an buy the way im an addict for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fear_this
02-10-2002, 08:17 PM
Dude, maybe we can like write out our own game. Like make the story line and characters and stuff like that. Not the whole game just a short story line. I know it might take a long time to make it but i think it would be cool. And the best story line would win. Or we could write a review for Halo or another x-box game.

MaddenFanatic
02-11-2002, 11:36 AM
Obviuosly by my forum name, i am a huge madden fan. have been for years. I would love to see online tournaments for next football season. Is there any thing like that in the works??

fear_this
02-11-2002, 08:24 PM
It would suck to have a football contest. No point. Now one on WWF Raw would be awesome! :D

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:29 PM
A 2 on 2 halo tourney.

I win!

fear_this
02-13-2002, 05:19 PM
I would whomp you! :D