PDA

View Full Version : 50% off clearance at Toysrus stores (includes video games)

Yankeez
08-13-2004, 08:12 PM
toysRus stores have started a 50% off Fall clearance sale on a lot of their merchandise including video games. While not all departments will "officially" go on sale until the week of August 22nd, some stores have begun discounting today.

Complete selection will vary by stores but already known items include all classic console games (DC, N64, and PS1) as well as "current" value software (PS2, Xbox, GC), but will include other current titles as well. Deal will run until clearance inventory is depleted.

If you happen to participate in this offer, be sure to send in your finds and we will update with that info.

Thanks for the info, TRUnformant!
--------------------------------------------------
Here is the initial findings for this sale. To get the updated prices, you will need to have them scan them at the register and request the "final sale" price.

GAMECUBE
Ikaruga
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Namco Museum
Red Faction 2
Super Monkey Ball 1
SSX 3

PLAYSTATION 2
Amplitude
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Dynasty Tactic 2
Fantavision
Guilty Gear XX
King of Fighter 2000/2001
Mat Hoffman
Primal
Savage Skies
Silent Hill 3
Terminatorawn of Faith
Warhammer 40K
Wipeout Fusion
Zone of Enders 2

XBOX
007 Nightfire
Beyond Good and Evil
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Chase
Dave Mirra 2
Dead to Rights
Gauntlet
Gladius
Hunter: Redeemer
Madden 2002
Madden 2004
Metal Gear Solid: Substance
NASCAR Thunder 2004
NCAA March Madness 2004
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
NHL 2004
Otogi
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Prince Of Persia
Roadkill
Seablade
Secret Wepons over Normandy
Speed Kings
Sphinx
Tao Feng
Tiger Woods 2004
Transworld Surf
UFC Tapout
Unreal Tournament
Wallace and Gromit
Whiplash
Wreckless: Yakuza Missions
WWE Raw 2

MixMasta
08-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Someone go there and tell me what deals they find and then I'll decide if I should waste my time. I still have this bitter taste in my mouth from the CC sale, lol.

Variation-XBA
08-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Why don't they ever have these deals at MY ToysRUs :/

TheCovenant
08-14-2004, 05:34 AM
**** i better go to my nearesst toys r us. I missed the circut city thing, so....argh! no ninja gaiden 50% off!?!?!?

The Jackal
08-14-2004, 08:29 PM
is this only in the US like most good deals or is Canada get in on this action to

LiquidX
08-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Meh, the only thing I would want is possibly Otogi and I dont feel like driving to my closest Toys r Us to get it. Besides, I bet all the good games are already gone.

l Maximus l
08-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Man, I can't wait to pick up "Unreal Tournament" for XBox...I didn't know it existed! Wow! :rolleyes:

Man, they screwed up that list (*not Yankeez*)

ShaDovV RyDer
08-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Man thats crappy...I got excited when I heard store wide sale and then I saw the "selected games"...the only good one there that interests me is Unreal tournament...all the others are crap cept PoP...i dont feel like going over there neways...I'll keep saving my money for the best games coming this fall.

MaxPwn
08-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks, I'll head over when TRU opens.

AlBoogy
08-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Man, I can't wait to pick up "Unreal Tournament" for XBox...I didn't know it existed! Wow! :rolleyes:

Man, they screwed up that list (*not Yankeez*)

He got it from a poster at IGN. Anyway, I went yesterday and put Beyond Good and Evil on the counter. She rung it up and it came up as 19.99 so I walked out.

amun837
08-15-2004, 06:35 PM
So is this only in USA or in Canada too? I haven't gotten a flyer yet either......

Reclaimer
08-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Expect major sales like these from Toys R Us. They are slowly going out of business and are consolidating stores. They're currently seeking protection for Chapter 11 Bankrupcy and they will restructure. Speculation has it that they will quit the toy business because they cannot compete with stores like Wal Mart for prices.
It's expected that Toys R Us will maintain it's more profitable Baby's R Us stores and move the Toy units overseas or shut them down all together.

Two Toy's R Us' went out of business in the Houston area and I was able to take advantage of that. But the trick is to not come into the store until the last 2 weeks. They say they will ship games to other stores and the games are excluded from the 50% entire store sales. But it's that last 2 weeks, the whole store, shelves, lights and anything they can make money from goes on sale. I picked up the first Rainbow Six, keep in mind this was 3 months ago was 16 dollars, Counter Strike for 9, Unreal 2 for 9, and Dead Man's Hand for 5. They where all brand new and all the games where literally all over the floor in the electronics department in one huge ass pile. Just knock some kids down, and get on your knees and start digging.

Cloud Strife
08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Yes, I was just at TRU earlier today, and I found a bunch of games on the list, but a few I really wanted, were not there. I'm planning to travel 2 hours to other TRU, to see what they have.

I got:

Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy (GC) w/T-Shirt $6.50.
Beyond Good & Evil (Xbox) $10 (last copy)
Onimusha Tactics (GBA) $10

I'm thinking of driving two hours to go to a few of TRU, to find:
Links 2004
Crimson Skies
CIMA: The Enemy
Street Fighter EX3
Moto GP 2

I might go back to TRU in my area and pick up
Prince of Persia (Xbox)
Primal (PS2)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
Sega Bass Fishing (DC)
Virtua Tennis 2k2 (DC)
Double Dragon (GBA)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox)

CRAYMAN
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info.
I picked up Freedom Fighters, Prince of Persia and Metal Arms for 30 bux.
I might go back and get Voodoo Vince.

Yankeez
08-22-2004, 12:46 AM
rumors are that in the upcoming weeks, they might be doing a buy 2 get 1 free on all in stock games, ill keep u guys posted

amun837
08-22-2004, 03:18 AM
so this is only for usa stores not canadian stores?

Reclaimer
08-22-2004, 05:29 AM
so this is only for usa stores not canadian stores?

Don't know. I read two articles, and one stated that the US stores are closing, and one said that the worldwide division was closing.

amun837
08-22-2004, 02:36 PM
hmmm i looked up the site but the prices aren't really lower.....