PDA

View Full Version : Xbox + PC = Need some help! - I have all i need on comp

Screaming-Eagle
08-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Can Someone help me!!! I Have My Xbox Hooked up to my Brand New HP 540 Media Center PC's Composite imputs in the front , but thers like a 2 second delay when i play cs or any game, i was wondering since i try to play it on Win Media Center (as the tv tuner) if theres a program to allow no delay and help out~! Ive wanted this pc for along time and now i got it and it wont work right with my xbox! Please HELP!

jschelm
08-14-2004, 09:07 AM
What program are you using to view the TV input? If it has PVR functionality (pause, rewind etc...) that is probably a big part of your problem. I had a similar delay when watching tv to the point that it made my dish on screen guide worthless so I had to switch to a different program with built in OSG.

If you have the option you can always try turning off all of the pause features, or at least drop the buffer back to nothing.

CMX Jedi
08-14-2004, 11:25 AM
i dont think those are rely made to play games on , if your watchin a movie it wouldent realy matter.

Screaming-Eagle
08-14-2004, 02:43 PM
WEll Whats a program you can reccommend?

MajorTom
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
win media center should work fine. My friend had that problem trying to play games on his computer. He was using a different program but there was a button he clicked on that made it work fine. If it has a pause function like jschelm said then disable that if you can. If you don't know how to do that i'd go to the help for the program or go online and try to find out how to do it.

stormin4
09-10-2004, 09:46 AM
You might want to try this adapter which lets you plug your box into your VGA monitor.

VGA Adapter (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=222&products_id=1533&)

LynxFX
09-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Dscaler should work just fine.

www.dscaler.com