PDA

View Full Version : WWF Raw Killer!?

DT21
01-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Yes, that might be true:(. Wrestlemania 18 has everything that we all want in WWF Raw: TLC, HIAC, Championship mode, RVD, Booker T., and the rest of the WCW/ECW gang. Check out some of these pics.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/012502/x8/x8_screen005.jpg
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/012502/x8/x8_screen011.jpg
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/012502/x8/x8_screen003.jpg

For more info. and pics head on over to gamespot.

xboxmaster2002
01-25-2002, 05:44 PM
thanks for posting that im not an insider and i wanted to see that and it looks great

DT21
01-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by xboxmaster2002
thanks for posting that im not an insider and i wanted to see that and it looks great

Those pics are actually came from gamespot man, go check it out. Oh yea, this game is for GC:(.

xboxmaster2002
01-25-2002, 05:49 PM
oh really i was just there a little bit ago and they didnt have it ill go check it out thanks

Shadow Fox
01-25-2002, 06:47 PM
Wasn't there another thread about this somewhere? Oh yeah, it was in the debate boards...

Well, this game has better textures than the Xbox version, but the Xbox RAW version has larger arenas and higher poly counts on the wrestlers, so eh....;)

*checks off WrestleMania on GCN buy list*

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

DT21
01-25-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Well, this game has better textures than the Xbox version, but the Xbox RAW version has larger arenas and higher poly counts on the wrestlers, so eh....;)

You really think this game has better textures? Explain please:).

Shadow Fox
01-25-2002, 11:50 PM
For one, the textures are alot less "washed out" which how they appear in the shots and movies of RAW. They are apparently at a higher resolution as well, seeing as the RAW versions of wrestlers are rather blurry. RAW's got X8 beat in the animation department right now, judging from the hands-on info I've found on it. But then again, this game's 50% complete, and Xbox RAW will more than likely ship with it's graphical flaws.

bigguy316
01-26-2002, 12:17 AM
i'll pick up a copy but it wont beat RAW but it'll be fun (maybe ) not to sure i didn't like the smackdown series much and i read that there not making anotherone of smackdown so now that yukes is addicted to the half/ass samackdown series they might try and make WX8 the fourth one.

YUP I MUST BE THE BIGGEST WRESTLING FAN TO BUY ANOTHER CONSOLE FOR ONE OF THE WRESTLING GAMES .

MIGHT NOT KNOW EVERYTHING IN WRESTLING HISTORY BUT I CAN BACK IT UP BECAUSE I KNOW EVERY REVERSAL/COUNTER.

bigguy316
01-26-2002, 12:24 AM
BTW glad you found the picsr2d2 or dt1ap????? who ever started this forum ask me were i found um so i'm just glad he found them and managed to meke a thread this will not beat RAW remember RAW will have surprises huh do you THE ONLY department that it will slightly beat RAW is in the list of wrestlers and updates but only because it comes out later, nothins stays the same for long in THE WWF THOUGH THINGS CHANGE FAST THEY BETTER NOT HAVE THE NWO IN IT (THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THE'LL BE IN WWF ON SMACKDOWN LAST NIGHT).

bigguy316
01-26-2002, 12:24 AM
I keep forgetting to say it looks alot like NO MERCY.

mattcoxonline
01-26-2002, 03:51 AM
I thought this game was Raw but I noticed in the screenshots the Nintendo adverts around the arena.
Then I realised that the game looked more "cartoony" than Raw:
<center>
Gamecube

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2001/xbox/wwf/wwfraw_1220_screen011.jpg
Xbox

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 07:44 AM
I don't know where this "cartoony" garbage comes from...aren't cartoons flat, nonrendered 2d animations?;)Anyway, RAW Rock vs X8 Rock:

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/wwfraw/sim-wwfraw-0002.jpg

Which looks better to you, Honestly? *waits for biased responses*

Well, X8's wrestlers are only comprised of 3500 polys a piece, so I doubt there's a higher poly count here than the Xbox one, but look at the textures, sweet...also can somebody post the poly counts on RAW? I can't find any info on this game....

AKI split up and is no more, that is why the "Yukes" name is on this game. There are several senior AKI/Asmik developers working to MAKE SURE this game plays EXACTLY like it's N64 brethren, only hella faster. And from the hands-on info I've recieved, the game is faster. Every entrance, pyrotechnic effect, and facial feature of every superstar is intact. And oh yeah, there will be no inter-federation matches in any game but this one this year. So um, no Booker-T vs RVD vs Xpac vs The Rock, or HITC matches for RAW this year.;)

So in summation, the game does not look, or play, anything like Smackdown (those annoying "every half second camera flashes" won't be there either)....Just thought I'd clear that up.

Where's El Gaucho? He knows hella more secrets about this game than I do....

El Gaucho Goof
01-26-2002, 10:07 AM
O man Fox spoiled all the fun for me..

But just to restate what he said
-This game isn't made by the people left over from the SmackDown games. It is an entirely new formed team put together just to work on the game. The team is composed of several former Asmik/AKI workers who previously worked on the prior Nintendo 64 games. Short and sweet it will play more like WWF No Mercy than SmackDown 3

-Like I said before the game will play like an enhanced version of the n64 game. From hands on impressions from IGN it will pretty much be a similar type of game just a bit faster. As long as it plays like No Mercy , fine by me.

-The Game will feature over 40 Match types... Most will just be modified version of other matches like Hardcore 1 on 1 and stuff like that but till a lot of matches. I believe Raw has under 10.. I may be wrong on that one

-The first game to take advantage of the WCW/ECE license. Thus far Booker T, DDP, RVD, Lance Storm and the Hurricane have been confirmed to make their presence felt.

-Like someone mentioned before the characters will each sport 3500 polys which really isn't bad.. I mean we all know that the GC's true power usually lies in it's textures.

-Will sport a Hell in a Cell Match up and TLC...So chant it with me Tables, And Ladders and Chairs.... O MY

-The game is only 50% done almost every wrestling game I've tracked since the beginning has improved visually.. That includes WarZone,Attitude,No Mercy, Revenge, WrestleMania 2k and Raw is War.

-Over 35 superstars and the ability to create your own.

-Superb animations on moves. For those who really don't want to believe it the animation on the Rock Bottom is more simialr to the way it's performed in real life. The one in the X-Box version seems to be more like how it should be performed. If you don't believe me watch an old Rock match and see what happens when he picks the wrestler up. Also the Angle Slam seems to be animated beautifully... I mean the oppenent even have there one hand up in the air.

-Only for Nintendo GameCube and till has about 6 months of development left

mattcoxonline
01-26-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by El Gaucho Goof
-Only for Nintendo GameCube and till has about 6 months of development left
WOW, does he work for Nintendo or just an OBSESSED fan that will do anything to get people buying a Gamecube.

Admitidly this is the only game I have seen worth buying a Gamecube for. But as it comes out in over 6months I'll stick with my Xbox....would WX8 be right?!? Wouldn't it be more than that by the time the game comes out?!?

El Gaucho Goof
01-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

WOW, does he work for Nintendo or just an OBSESSED fan that will do anything to get people buying a Gamecube.

Admitidly this is the only game I have seen worth buying a Gamecube for. But as it comes out in over 6months I'll stick with my Xbox....would WX8 be right?!? Wouldn't it be more than that by the time the game comes out?!?

Hhah no I was just pointing out the fact that it is exclusive.. I mean some games get ported like Legends of Wrestling

And no WrestleMania X-8 would be correct but a little outdate. The pay per view is in March and the game is due in the summer would have done better to call it King of the Ring or SummerSLam.

Heyyoudvd
01-26-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

Wrestlemania 18 is about 2 months away(March), and the game is coming out in in 6 months. That's only 4 months difference.

It would be to early to have made it based on Wrestlemania 19.

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

Wrestlemania 18 is about 2 months away(March), and the game is coming out in in 6 months. That's only 4 months difference.

It would be to early to have made it based on Wrestlemania 19. C'mon now, HYDVD, don't be so hard on matt. Afterall, he's just trying to find something negative about WX8...;)

bigguy316
01-26-2002, 12:42 PM
I READ THAT YUKES IS TRYING THIER BEST TO MAKE THIS THE NEXT SAMCKDOWN GAME SINCE THERE NOT MAKING THEM ANYMORE, THE UPSIDE IS THAT IT WILL HAVE RVD (wich i don't particularly care for) and booker t , and hurricane helms.

DT21
01-26-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by bigguy316
I READ THAT YUKES IS TRYING THIER BEST TO MAKE THIS THE NEXT SAMCKDOWN GAME SINCE THERE NOT MAKING THEM ANYMORE, THE UPSIDE IS THAT IT WILL HAVE RVD (wich i don't particularly care for) and booker t , and hurricane helms.
Where did you hear that they aren't making anymore SD games? NM who cares:), not like they are going to stop making games for X-Box:).

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by DT21

Where did you hear that they aren't making anymore SD games? NM who cares:), not like they are going to stop making games for X-Box:). Yukes doesn't make games for Xbox. And where did you hear that Yukes was trying to make X8 like smackdown, bigguy??? Link please.

BiohazardEHW
01-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Ok, first thing first...I would not even want to play WMx8 if it's made by Yukes...they are notorious for making the worst wrestling game series ever...

As for the textures, WMX8 looks too "DOA3-ish". Wrestlers are too shiny, clothes look painted on, etc. Plus the WWF RAW pics are enlarged way more than the WMX8 ones are. Which means the screenshot quality drops way down, which could lead to some misjudgements.

Lamecube's WMX8
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/012502/x8/x8_screen001.jpg

Wrestlers are too pudgey, no facial expressions, skin looks like rubber, poor attempt at real-time shadows, and they dont really look much like their real-life counterparts...etc.

XBOX's WWF RAW IS WAR
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/xbox/wwfraw/wwfraw_0120_screen011.jpg

First of all, anybody can tell the quality of this shot is not the best, as the darkened areas on the wrestlers, like the blur behind Spike's back, clearly justifies. The wrestler models look spot-on, incredibly realistic skin textures, the ropes would look alot more realistic if not for the poor screenshot quality, etc.

Did anybody here ever play Smackdown 3? It has to be the single worst wrestling game evr created, yet people boasted that it would be the best because the CAW mode was huge (yet Yukes was lazy and stretched the wresler's head to make hair), and the table matches, etc. Yet, you could only break one table (perfectly down the middle) at a time, and what about fighting amongst the cardboard cut-out's, AKA the audience. Sure, I see cardboard people moving about their own free will all the time at arena shows. Commentary in SD3? I'm just hoping the guy who added that didnt kill himself...slowly.

A wrestling game with a HIAC, cage match, tables and stuff matches, they have to be good and not cluttered with glitches like SD3 was. That leads to suicide-invoking gameplay to say the least.

BiohazardEHW
01-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Yukes doesn't make games for Xbox. And where did you hear that Yukes was trying to make X8 like smackdown, bigguy??? Link please.

First of all, thank God, Yukes is TERRIBLE at making wrestling games.

And remember how all of AKI's games for N64 were basically the same? There's your link. :)

mattcoxonline
01-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Afterall, he's just trying to find something negative about WX8...
For a change I wasn't. But I thought is would be better to be named after another PPV as I thought Wrestlemania was soon with the Rumble just gone...

monkeyman
01-26-2002, 02:45 PM
the rock on the gc version one looks like hes a ballerina:D :p :)

mattcoxonline
01-26-2002, 02:45 PM
BTW, Biohazard....I totally agree.:D

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 04:47 PM
I'll say this once more, since all of you like to jump to conclusions and get it twisted (as I did back in October when I first heard this announcement).

First off, AKI/Asmik ACE is no more. The team disbanded to work on different projects under the THQ distribution deal.

Many of these developers joined Yukes as a joint venture for the WX8 title. AKI and Asmik developers are the majority on this exclusive Nintendo project, and have promised to retain the N64 feel of the game. And judging by the hands-on reports I've collected, they have done so successfully. The speed is amped up somewhat, and the reversal system now has a plethora of options.

So Like I said, where's the link saying Yukes was making it just like smackdown, bigguy? And if any of you guys have insider, I'll post the proof from there, and the testers that this assumption is totally incorrect.

That's my last time clearing this up, if you want to keep assuming that it'll play like Smackdown, keep thinking that.;)

benz_300sl
01-26-2002, 05:32 PM
ok, here's my opinion:

Yes, Wrestlemania X8 has better matches...thats a good thing, for wrestling and GCN fans, but not us. But then you gotta think, our wait will finally be over in like 2 weeks. Gamespot says the game is schedueled to come out in June. Now knowing THQ and all other companies that make wrestling games, this game won't come out until late 2002 or very early 2003.

The graphics in Wresltmania X8 are not bad...but there is much more detail put into the character models in Raw.

Raw will be better FOR SURE :cool: :cool:

here's some pics to show you what i mean with graphics:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,475159-4,00.html GameCube- not bad...i'll admit...but just look down a bit and you'll see something that looks a lot better.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,454283-294,00.html XBox- i dont think i have to say anything:cool: :D

NOTE: incase the pics don't work here's the links :

GameCube Pic- http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,475159-4,00.html

XBox Pic- http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screens/0,11105,454283-294,00.html

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by benz_300sl
ok, here's my opinion:

Yes, Wrestlemania X8 has better matches...thats a good thing, for wrestling and GCN fans, but not us. But then you gotta think, our wait will finally be over in like 2 weeks. Gamespot says the game is schedueled to come out in June. Now knowing THQ and all other companies that make wrestling games, this game won't come out until late 2002 or very early 2003.
nope, the game is 50% complete already, and THQ has promised the game to spawn in June. Supposing something goes horribly wrong would be the only thing to change this, and that'll only sac a month or two (late August) at the worst. Late 2002 and 2003 is a definate no.

As for RAW being better- in what aspect? There's already the lack of a ECW/WCW interfederation match, TLC, Hell in a Cell, and more intuitive reversal systems. Graphics is the only aspect the Xbox can pull here, and I still haven't gotten a resonse on the poly counts in RAW, so I can't even assume that as an advantage.

The major advantage here I see is the release date- but I'm willing to wait for a deeper and more varied wrestling title...but that's just me- maybe...

Infinite
01-26-2002, 06:31 PM
Shadow Fox, First off your on an xbox forum telling us our wrestling game isnt gonna be as good. (that never works. lol)

Now where the do you get 50% done? find the link first of all. second of all raw will have ladders and tables in there hardcore matches, its comfirmed. Now Im hoping a hiac will be the big surprise and in the past THQ has allways surprised us. And im betting on it happeneing again. if not oh well.

Also say whatever you want, but mX8 will not be as good graphicly as raw. Not to mention thq allways delays there products. smackdown2 and 3 were and so was No mercy and RAW.

By the time your wmX8 comes out microsoft will probably be 50% done with RAW2! ANd that will be the greatest wrestling game ever! not to mention we will be able to add our own music to our game. will you ever be able to do that on gamecube? NOPE! didnt think so.

Shadow Fox
01-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Infinite
Shadow Fox, First off your on an xbox forum telling us our wrestling game isnt gonna be as good. (that never works. lol)Second off the word FORUM is in your statement; think about it. Third, quote where I said "Your wrestling game isn't gonna be good". I think you'll have a hard time with that, seeing as how I never said it...;)
Now where the do you get 50% done? find the link first of all. second of all raw will have ladders and tables in there hardcore matches, its comfirmed. Now Im hoping a hiac will be the big surprise and in the past THQ has allways surprised us. And im betting on it happeneing again. if not oh well.Got an insider account? Then head to cube.ign.com. If not, read this:
It's two weeks before THQ's scheduled Editor's Day event in Las Vegas, Nevada, and we're at the company's Southern California-based offices. On a television screen before us, the producer of WWF WrestleMania X8 takes us through a 50% complete version of the game. It's fast, it's pretty and it's retained much of the play mechanics that made the N64 games shine brighter than all the rest. There's no doubt about it, we think, GameCubers are going to love the title.
Also say whatever you want, but mX8 will not be as good graphicly as raw. Not to mention thq allways delays there products. smackdown2 and 3 were and so was No mercy and RAW. Are you forgetting that it's the DEVELOPERS that cause the delay of a game, not the publisher? Anchor (WWF RAW) and AKI (WX8) are two totally different developers, and work on much different terms. Mind you, No Mercy and WrestleMania 2000 were not delayed on N64 (also made by AKI), so say what you will...just because they are distributed by THQ means nothing but more money to keep working if they DO ever need to delay the project.
By the time your wmX8 comes out microsoft will probably be 50% done with RAW2! ANd that will be the greatest wrestling game ever! not to mention we will be able to add our own music to our game. will you ever be able to do that on gamecube? NOPE! didnt think so. Didn't I hear this before the Xbox came out about the original RAW that was supposed to be a launch title? And I assume you guys are also forgetting the fact that:

1). GCN supports SD cards, the fastest and most efficient way to store/edit MP3's, not HUGE wav and udf files from audio CD's...

2). If RAW 2 is as good as you say, I'll pick it up and play it on my Xbox.;)

An entertaining attempt, nonetheless....;)

El Gaucho Goof
01-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Man I go away for the day and all this non sense pops up....

This has been said time and time again.. But the game isn't made by the same people who make the SmackDown games.. it's made by a different team under the same label.. Like GoldenEye and Banjo.. both made by Rare but 2 different teams

The game is only 50% complete and raw is due out next month.. Which one should look better at this both?

For those who are trying to find something wrong in a this game don't go to the crowd... I'm sorry but there is just no need for the crwod to be fully animated... Who the hell do you pay attention to in the game.. The two man slugging it out.. or that fat lady in the 3rd row?

There is one thing the crowd is good for and I don't believe this is in Raw.. Cheering and Jeering and Chanting.. and this has been confirmed for WM x-8 already

Um for the kid who was complainging about the costumes and how they look painting on.. Look at wrestling.. it's from the light.. the WWF doesn't take place in a darkened arena like Raw would let you believe....

WM x-8 till has some 5 months of development to go....

Just because Raw got delayed doesn't mean that WM x-8 will.. Like Fox said No Mercy and WM 2k were never delayed.. and there is no real release date for this game yet

XBA Staff
01-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Well atleast this Gamecube Wrestling game has the option to play in the Smackdown arena unlike WWF Raw.

bigguy316
01-26-2002, 08:08 PM
THE PRANKER ( THE WHOLE F'N SHOW) ISN'T PRANKING ON THIS SUBJECT THERE WILL DEFIATELY BE AN OTHER RAW GAME FOR X-BOX.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE....OF THE POPULAR DEMAND:cool:

XBA Staff
01-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by bigguy316
THE PRANKER ( THE WHOLE F'N SHOW) ISN'T PRANKING ON THIS SUBJECT THERE WILL DEFIATELY BE AN OTHER RAW GAME FOR X-BOX.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE....OF THE POPULAR DEMAND:cool:

Yeah I went to Babbages today and asked the guy about WWF Raw and he said that I'd better pre-order it because this game is going to sell out like crazy.

I hope to put down a $10 deposite to reserve it.

DT21
01-26-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Tyrell-XBA

Yeah I went to Babbages today and asked the guy about WWF Raw and he said that I'd better pre-order it because this game is going to sell out like crazy.

I hope to put down a $10 deposite to reserve it.
Thanks for the tip man, I'm gonna go reserve it as soon as possible:).

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 01:36 AM
#1, who would want to play in the smackdown arena, it sucks anyway.

#2, who would want another reversal system like SD3's? You could sit there all day and nobody would get a move off...it's stupid.