PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS!!! Microsoft teams up with EA and FIFA

blackiee2002
08-19-2004, 02:21 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040819/sfth011_1.html

Link above is from yahoo. finally i never though EA would build a game directly from the ground up on the box looks like that would change soon :)

Thursday August 19, 3:01 am ET
Xbox and EA Present the FIFA Interactive World Cup; Xbox Is Named Official Licensed Video Game Console of 2006 FIFA World Cup

# LEIPZIG, Germany, Aug. 19 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- FIFA, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT - News), and Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, will team up to bring a newly developed FIFA competition, the FIFA Interactive World Cup(TM), to football lovers around the world.(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000822/MSFTLOGO )

In addition, Xbox will serve as the Official Licensed Video Game Console of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, which will be held from June to July 2006 in stadiums across Germany. Xbox will work with FIFA to introduce specially branded retail offers celebrating the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Xbox and Electronic Arts will be the presenting partners of The FIFA Interactive World Cup, a new series of tournaments combining online and offline football action featuring EA's "FIFA Football 2005" on Xbox and the Xbox Live(TM) online game service. Kicking off this year, the FIFA Interactive World Cup will travel to six continents from October to December 2004, with the finals being played at the FIFA World Player of the Year Gala in Zurich in December 2004.

Throughout the three-month tournament on Xbox Live, each heat will see players in the FIFA Interactive World Cup compete on EA's "FIFA Football 2005." Players will also enjoy participating in real-life football drills and tips and tricks sessions with international football experts in between heats. In addition, a host of guest appearances, prizes and musical surprises are planned throughout the tour. More details on the events will be released later this year.

"We're excited to be part of the 2006 FIFA World Cup," said Mitch Koch, corporate vice president of the Home Entertainment Division at Microsoft. "The world's most popular sporting event is teaming with the world's most powerful and exciting video game console to give fans a whole new reason to love football -- and they can only experience it through Xbox Live. With the FIFA Interactive World Cup, we're starting a new tradition of virtual football on Xbox and Xbox Live -- fans will truly understand why 'it's good to play together.'"

"This innovative project concept will enable us to exploit further opportunities to promote and develop the game of football at all levels worldwide," said Urs Linsi, general secretary of FIFA. "The FIFA Interactive World Cup will be launched just as FIFA steps into the second century of its existence and will give fans an additional reason to love football. The FIFA Interactive World Cup will herald a new tradition of football games and test football players' virtual abilities in a completely new way. We are proud to pay tribute to a completely new category of football player at the next FIFA World Player of the Year Gala."

"The FIFA Interactive World Cup is going to be the place for authentic, interactive play for football fans all over the world, and we're pleased to be working with Xbox and FIFA to bring it to life," said Jan Bolz, vice president of Marketing and Sales for EA Europe. "Our game enthusiasts asked us for a way to broaden the scope of their gaming challenge, and this event is for them, combining the excitement of 'FIFA Football 2005' from EA with Xbox Live support and real-world football tournaments, to test their physical as well as virtual abilities in a completely new and interactive way."

MajorTom
08-19-2004, 02:26 PM
that' cool

SoundX
08-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 owns all.

I'm just not intrested in anything to do with EA's soccer titles anymore.

MajorTom
08-22-2004, 11:21 AM
I like the FIFA games because they have so many leagues and teams. I get to play with my favorite team from the german league which is Wolfsburg or I can play with my favorite team from the english premiere leauge which is Arsenal. Or I can create my own team and put my favorit eplayers on it and play in any league I want. You can't do that in pro evolution soccer 4.

odpr
08-23-2004, 05:07 PM
when pro evoltion is gettting out ?
I heard it's the best foot ball game there is..