PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Victories

Max33
08-23-2004, 06:25 PM
We've all beat alot of games,but what are your most memorable victories ?
Which games made you throw down the controler and yell cause you finally beat that damn game?!!

Here's some of mine

DemonAttack(Atari2600) after about 3 hrs the screen would go to static
Megamania(Atari2600) you had to play that game for ever till you flipped the score
Raiders of the Lost Ark(Atari2600)
MegaMan(NES)Doctor Wiely was a tough s.o.b.
Castelvania(NES)
DoubleDragon(Arcade)still took me about 4 bucks but at least I beat it
PhantasyStar 3(Genisis)
MortalKombat(Arcade)I considered that game beat once I could beat it on one quarter
SoulReaver(PlayStation)
JetGrindRadio(Dreamcast)
Halo
GhostRecon

Legend of Zelda Orcana of Time(N64)

TOTTEN
08-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Shenmue II(xbox)
KOTOR(xbox)
Super mario world(snes)
thats about it. Halo isnt one of them cause I wanted more so I wasnt actually happy one i beat it.
EDIT:oddworld also its the first xbox game I beat.

LiquidX
08-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Just one... Ninja Gaiden. As I recall I stood up and yelled "Thats right you sonofa*****!"

OuFtb
08-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Beating GTA:Vice City 100%, it took a long time, some of things were frustrating,like getting 40 minutes into the ambulance mission and running over someone you should pick up making you fail the mission, made me want to throw the controller through the tv but once I beat all of it, I was happy.

Brutus
08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Yeah. HALO & Ninja Gaiden were Stunners. But Multi-Player Victories are definitely way up there too. I'm not online, but I hold LAN parties & it's good to totally slam people who say they're good. It's all about Showing them why I bought two surround sounds & two TV's. Because I thinks it's way cooler than they could ever fathom!

LTM360
08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Viewtiful Joe
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Kingdom Hearts

Any great action game or RPG I've beaten, I remember. Games like VJ, NG, and DMC, just happy that a game was over, and glad to know my controller was still intact.

Ninjermy
08-23-2004, 10:22 PM
KOTOR - o wait i didnt beat it, i got probably 97% done then quit
Ninja Gaiden - it was amazing. best 30+ hours ever
DonkeyKong64 - awesome
Splinter Cell - my first xbox game :)

Jamo
08-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Beating Alma on Very Hard on Ninja Gaiden and then beating the rest of the game on Very Hard a week after!
Halo on Legendary!
Pac-man!!!!!!!! .....just kidding. :p
Starcraft!
Giving Ayane one of those V swimsuits (metalic green) from Lisa on DOAXBV. (I know it's kind of a hollow and seemingly unusual vitory but this is Ayane I'm talking about.)
Super Metroid
Castlevania IV
Castlevania Symphony of the Night (not the last boss some of the others)
Oddworld Munches Oddesey.
KOTOR

SoundX
08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Halo on Legandary

I remember making the run down to the last ship, one more dead on shot and I would be dead. I stuck a plasma on a flood and it started chasing me to the ship. I had to jump onto the ship, screaming my head of. I nearly cried when I realised that all you got was a five second clip of an elite hugging a marine. Which resulted in a series of offensive outbrakes in the TV's direction.

Ninja Gaiden

That was one hard assed game, and I was playing on normal. Nothing beat the feeling of beating that damn final boss. Victory was mine. If that's what you call breaking one controler and riping about three posters of my wall.

Super Mario Bros 3

That was and will always be the best ever Mario game. Nothing beat the feeling of completeing it. I think it was the first ever game I completed which made me very estatic.

Zelda Ocarinia of Time

Probably the best game of all time, I really enjoyed completing it. But it was sad that there wasn't much left to do on it except exploit certain glitches and ride Epona all day. It was more just knowning I'd masterd it that got me happy.

LTM360
08-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Oh man I can't believe I forgot Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Indeed the best game ever made. I need to play that game again...

Conchord
08-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...shadow temple! ****!

BananaMan
08-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Pong
Halo
Fight night 2k4
ghost recon (all fifty tasks)
ghost recon island thunder(all 15 cuz the game cheats, biatch)
mario for nintendo.

end.

X-Fan
08-24-2004, 04:51 PM
call of duty.halo and spiderman.

Xorg
08-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Morrowind
Zelda OoT

NomadLLama
08-25-2004, 11:55 AM
mmm

there seems to be pc games listen too so ill put em up

Dungeon Siege
Diablo 2
Throne of Darkness
Starcraft
Halo Heroic im not big with the thumbstick aim
Doom
RTCW
Doom 3
MoH AA
Warcraft 3 Roc and TFT
JSRF
Deathrow
Genma Onimusha
Completing DOA3
Conqueroring all of Japan in Shogun: Total war

LikShotz
08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
xmen : arcade version back in like 93-92
sonic 1
sonic 2
mario bros 3
super marios worlds : snes
streets of rage 2 :never could beat part 3 too hard damnit
final fight 2 : snes
final fight 3 : snes
double dragon battle toads :snes best cot damn game ever
battletoads : awesome ass game! very hard too. snes
final fantasy 7 : thats my most memorable one out of all of them
Shinobi 3 : who can forget this game for the sega???

thats all for now i can remember.

Snowblind
08-25-2004, 09:33 PM
KotOR and THUG.

Whisper
08-25-2004, 11:06 PM
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Halo
Starfox 64 (ending was so emotional - i almost cryed following Fox's father out)

Huckleberry
08-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Asteroids - Atari 2600 - we got it for Christmas and the first night my brother and i stayed up and played until we got 1,000,000 points. over 8 hours!

Legend of Zelda - my friends and i had hand-drawn maps and hints and all kinds of crap just to finish...that was the best game i ever played at that point.

Halo - Legendary - nuff said

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, and X2 - loved them all.

GTA Vice City - I wanted the game to go on so I could RULE!

Cryogenic Pyro
08-26-2004, 04:05 AM
I never did beat The Legen of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Something got screwed up, and I couldn't progress passed where I already was. I read all the tutorials I could find, and even asked for advice from people who had beat the game, including my brother. Nobody knew what to do. I didn't have the heart to start over, since I was already far into the game - being at the Water Temple.

I don't think I've beaten any games that have made me want to crush my controller into pieces, though :p.

themoosearmy
08-26-2004, 03:48 PM
1) Ninja Gaiden...on hard, anyone who has done this can agree.

2) Secondly, national championship win in NCAA '05, All-American difficulty. I'm a huge football fan though so I get pumped everytime i win.

3) Call of Duty, I can't wait for the XB version.