PDA

View Full Version : 2 Versions of Ghost Recon 2!

Conchord
08-25-2004, 10:06 AM
STRAIGHT FROM THE XBA NEWSROOM

''In a move that blurs the very definition of what constitutes a sequel, Ghost Recon 2 will be released as two distinctly different games, with parallel development teams working on their own vision of the game.

Apparently it's a move designed to make the most of each platform's strengths, which sees Shanghai Studio working on the PS2 and GameCube versions, while Red Storm's North Carolina studio is producing the Xbox and PC incarnations.

But what makes the project somewhat unique is that the visually more striking Xbox and PC versions will be set five years after the PS2/Cube versions, yet feature broadly the same mechanics and squad members.

A confirmed November 25th release date for the PS2 and Xbox versions was announced at a London press event yesterday. A release schedule issued by Ubisoft today lists the other versions as 'November', but speaking to members of the development team yesterday, they confirmed that the Cube version will appear later than the others, although when asked about the PC version, we were given a strict "no comment".''

That's a plus...the NC studio is in Fort Bragg, home of the US special forces, aka Green Berets...hopefully they'll ****ing remove the third person view, because I dont want anything that looks like the Conflict...

OuFtb
08-25-2004, 10:35 AM
You should be happy to hear that the third person view is optional, meaning you can switch between first and third person view at any time.

Conchord
08-25-2004, 08:42 PM
You should be happy to hear that the third person view is optional, meaning you can switch between first and third person view at any time.

The fact that it's there is appauling...Ghost Recon is a game easily recognized by its no gun, first person perspective...and now it's optional?maybe in the next splinter cell you can play as lambert, instead of fisher... :whistle:

Brevity
08-25-2004, 08:48 PM
I agree I hope they bag the 3rd person perspective. But man I loved GR1 and cant wait to atleast give this one a great shot.

Koopa
08-25-2004, 10:06 PM
i'm glad theres third person perspective. it helps differentiate it from rb6, and it couldn't hurt anything.

Conchord
08-25-2004, 10:28 PM
i'm glad theres third person perspective. it helps differentiate it from rb6, and it couldn't hurt anything.

if the next rs was 3rd, you would be more critical...

CarGuy
08-26-2004, 07:26 AM
You can switch to first/third person when ever you want according to OXM.

Conchord
08-26-2004, 08:50 AM
And accoring to OXM, medal of honor: frontline got a 9+ score.

Fonzie
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Dont sweat it, you can switch easily just like in socom.

Conchord
08-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Why would we want GR 2 to be just like socom?

CMX Jedi
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
haha PS2 got paired with the cube

Conchord
08-26-2004, 01:41 PM
haha PS2 got paired with the cube

My friend, who bought an xbox two weeks after they came out and is as big a fanatic as anyone on this website, bought a gamecube with 3 games and said it was the best console experience he ever had...the cube pwns joo!!!

JJaX
08-26-2004, 03:16 PM
My friend, who bought an xbox two weeks after they came out and is as big a fanatic as anyone on this website, bought a gamecube with 3 games and said it was the best console experience he ever had...the cube pwns joo!!!

Yea, Camegube owns joo because some 15 year old boy with 3 games said so!

Take that!