PDA

View Full Version : Fable Review Omgomgomg

LTM360
08-27-2004, 02:24 PM
FABLE REVIEW IGN OMG!!! (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/542/542632p8.html)

AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

9.3!!!!

Pres. 10
Graph. 9
Sound 9
gameplay 9
lasting appeal 10

JayBecker86
08-27-2004, 02:27 PM
very cool, thanks :)

JayBecker86
08-27-2004, 02:30 PM
here's another

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/775/Fable/p1/5839/

CuartoDePuto
08-27-2004, 03:20 PM
very cool, we all knew it would get high numbers. september really is going to be the best month ever with fable, demon stone and everquest. get my fantasy on

Brutus
08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
No way! The most anticipated RPG of this Console Generation Got a good score!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

mattgame
08-27-2004, 03:59 PM
I think that's kinda low. I was expecting more. Oh well.

No Fear 23
08-27-2004, 04:01 PM
i still wont pick this peice of **** up.

Sigma
08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
9.3 is a great score Halo scored a 9.7 and Ninja Gaiden a 9.4 and those are two of the best games out for the Xbox currently so a 9.3 is really good. Im sure alot of people will be dissapointed, but I wont because I knew Molyneux wouldn't deliver on all his promises from day one because he never does. His games always kick major ass regardless and I can't wait to pick up my copy of Fable September 14th.

Shadow20002
08-27-2004, 04:43 PM
wow.....!! :)

Ninjermy
08-27-2004, 05:06 PM
sweetness. thats awesome, not really a big suprise though :)

studepaber
08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Posted this in Fable forum, great reads and doesn't change my opinion to get the game. The ONLY thing I was a little disappointed with was that they claimed the game was shorter than I had anticipated (20-30 hours just doing the main quests I think it said). That's only a minor issue with me though since I plan on doing most of the side-quests (which should add on another 15-20 hours) and then trying to play the game as different characters (good/evil, warrior, thief, magician). Can't wait to get my hands on this one!!!!

Spaztic
08-27-2004, 06:15 PM
in the team xbox review they said 20-25 hours for everything including sidequests.

CarGuy
08-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Thanks for linking to the last page...

Brevity
08-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Nice read, I read both reviews and am excited as ever.

Soundscape
08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
in the team xbox review they said 20-25 hours for everything including sidequests. really? that's too bad.

when i first read of fable about a year and a half ago, i was pretty damn interested in the game. but since then they've taken alot out of the game, and made it shorter and less open-ended. i'm sure it will still be a fine game, though. i just won't be spending 50 dollars on it.

mattgame
08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I may wait on this one. A 9.3 after all of the time and hype is kinda disappointing IMO.

Shadow20002
08-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Well, just because the longevity of the game isn't really long....

AlBoogy
08-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Since when have games receiving scores in the 9's be dissapointing? Ridiculous. Anything 8 and above for me is a must buy or at least a rental.

studepaber
08-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I may wait on this one. A 9.3 after all of the time and hype is kinda disappointing IMO.

9.3 is disappointing? Man you have some high standards.

OC Noob
08-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Man, I thought it would have hundreds of quests. I hope there are more quest like things to do after the 40 or so quests.

TOTTEN
08-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Well I have no doubt this will be my favorite game but Im dissapointed it didnt get a 10 from ign.

Shadow20002
08-28-2004, 01:28 AM
Well, just wait gamespot....maybe less than that....

Max33
08-28-2004, 10:50 AM
After the infinate mega-hype the game recieved(I mean come on a negetive comment about Fable or Halo2 is tantamount to heresy around these parts),a degree of dissapointment is inevitable.
We want and were expecting the end all/be all of RPGs.(I think Betheseda's got that trophy on lock down)

Young_Fledgling
08-28-2004, 11:30 AM
i say.... for a game that was hyped as the BEST RPG EVER it did fall a little short. I hate RPG and i was actualy gonna consider getting this... now i will not.

But i am sure RPG fans will just love it.

George89
08-28-2004, 12:27 PM
the game isn't as good as I think IGN is saying, read Teamxbox's review and it sounds like they're giving it some extra credit. I'm starting to think this since I just saw GMR magazine gave the game just an 8/10

RockTheCasba
08-28-2004, 12:52 PM
in the team xbox review they said 20-25 hours for everything including sidequests.

no thats for the main quest im pretty sure

TOTTEN
08-28-2004, 04:09 PM
i just read the review and it seemed kinda like ign was hard on fable.

Cryogenic Pyro
08-28-2004, 04:43 PM
After the infinate mega-hype the game recieved(I mean come on a negetive comment about Fable or Halo2 is tantamount to heresy around these parts),a degree of dissapointment is inevitable.
We want and were expecting the end all/be all of RPGs.(I think Betheseda's got that trophy on lock down)
Hah. Right. That trophy on the lockdown. Sudeki was better than Morrowind.

faceoff508
08-28-2004, 04:54 PM
The starting idea was trying to be too perfect, and no game is perfect, and the developers couldn't make it work, but i think if you block out what should haven been there it will be an unbeleivable game. If it wasn't for the hype the score would be much higher.

SoundX
08-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Hype, is there anything it can't do?

I expected more than this, but ah well, it'll be better than Sudiki, which puts my mind at ease.

rolling stone
08-28-2004, 11:34 PM
no thats for the main quest im pretty sure

sorry man, for the most part sounds like you can do most of the game in 15-20 hours

from teamxbox:
" As late GDC of this year, we were told that the core story quests would take 20-30 hours. Perhaps it would take a novice gamer that long if they walked around aimlessly for a few hours, but expect more like 10-12 hours max to finish off the required quests. It took me under 20 hours to complete all but the few never-ending quests and a few secrets. Admittedly, I did play at an up-tempo pace, but I still took plenty of time to explore the land, find most of the hidden Silver Keys, and solve the Demon Door riddles." http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/775/Fable/p7/

and from ign:
"Fable is made of several layers of detail. Casual gamers who want a quick experience and some fun can run around the surface of the world, complete the main quest and sidequests, and get out after 15-20 hours of play. However, those who want a little more detail can read into the history of the world, learn a bit more about why certain events have importance. Then you can go a little deeper if you like, interact with NPCs, get married, have censored sex, buy and rent property, sell merchandise, kill everyone in a town (though they will respawn over time), play with kids, terrorize kids, kick chickens, or just get piss drunk and vomit all over yourself. And there is another layer after that. If you really want to spend a good 50-100 hours in Fable, you can. Go searching for all of the Easter Eggs -- Unlock ever silver chest, stumble upon time-sensitive events, figure out how to get hold of the Sandgoose, whatever that may be, or conquer the world with a frying pan." http://xbox.ign.com/articles/542/542632p2.html

ign is more optimistic, but it still sounds a tad on the short side. i bet it will encourage people to play it multiple times as different types of characters, though; when i first started morrowind i remember when i first made my character i was like, well it would be cool to play as the ___ race, too.... i'll do that for my second character. when i beat the game 60+ hours later it was getting tedious and i didn't want to play it again. my 2 cents.

TheCovenant
08-29-2004, 12:11 AM
9.3 is okay...doa beach volley ball got a 9.2 so......

Cryogenic Pyro
08-29-2004, 01:03 AM
9.3 is okay...doa beach volley ball got a 9.2 so......
Yes, but Fable doesn't feature the DOA girls in scantily clad clothing. If it did, it would be getting reviews of 11/10.

faceoff508
08-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Fable is a good game, you guys talk like it sucks. Ignore the things that were suposed to be there, if you play it I think you all will love it.

TheWheelMan
08-29-2004, 06:34 PM
yea i want to hear from people who get it on the 14th i want an indepth analosis of the game

CharlieHustle
08-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Whateva, you guys can pass on it if you want to.. Im not. I need a good rpg to hold me over until, halo drop..

Soundscape
08-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Fable is a good game, you guys talk like it sucks.
well, it's hard to form an opinion on the game without ever playing it. so nobody here can really say if it's good or bad.

Kortiz
08-29-2004, 10:07 PM
The fact that folks are mad at a 9.3 rating is beyond me.

True enough, though, I am also awaiting a review from gamespot. Regardless I'm purchasing this game one way or another.

Ninjermy
08-29-2004, 10:14 PM
9.3 sounds fair to me. i think i will get about 30 hours into this game, and thats enough for me. then ill sell it and move on to the october line up.

OC Noob
08-30-2004, 12:11 AM
the game isn't as good as I think IGN is saying, read Teamxbox's review and it sounds like they're giving it some extra credit. I'm starting to think this since I just saw GMR magazine gave the game just an 8/10

I get GMR because of the EB discount card, but DON'T ever believe a word that these guys say.

I think they are a bunch of fruity fem-boys. They crap their panties over any anime crap and lick the balls of the fem-boy character in FF. If its Square-Enix, PS2 or Anime those guys love it to death.

If its a FPS, if it has an American/European influence or if its at all manly GMR gives it a lower score then it deserves.

Those dumb@sses even gave Far Cry a 7/10 when everyone else gave it about a 9/10 and almost everyone who plays it agrees its a great game. The pansy review was complaining about it being too hard so he gave it a low score. Everyone knows Far Cry is difficult, but you can set it on easy and its not bad.

Anyway, the reviewers at GMR are worthless so don't judge anything by what they say.

CarGuy
08-30-2004, 07:09 AM
I get GMR because of the EB discount card, but DON'T ever believe a word that these guys say.

I think they are a bunch of fruity fem-boys. They crap their panties over any anime crap and lick the balls of the fem-boy character in FF. If its Square-Enix, PS2 or Anime those guys love it to death.

If its a FPS, if it has an American/European influence or if its at all manly GMR gives it a lower score then it deserves.

Those dumb@sses even gave Far Cry a 7/10 when everyone else gave it about a 9/10 and almost everyone who plays it agrees its a great game. The pansy review was complaining about it being too hard so he gave it a low score. Everyone knows Far Cry is difficult, but you can set it on easy and its not bad.

Anyway, the reviewers at GMR are worthless so don't judge anything by what they say.

I feel exactly the same way. Something is wrong with that magazine..

mattgame
08-30-2004, 09:52 AM

Ouch. I do get paid a decent salary though. :cry:

CRAYMAN
08-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Ouch. I do get paid a decent salary though. :cry:

Are you saying that you are a reviewer for GMR?

sorry man, for the most part sounds like you can do most of the game in 15-20 hours

ign is more optimistic, but it still sounds a tad on the short side. i bet it will encourage people to play it multiple times as different types of characters, though; when i first started morrowind i remember when i first made my character i was like, well it would be cool to play as the ___ race, too.... i'll do that for my second character. when i beat the game 60+ hours later it was getting tedious and i didn't want to play it again. my 2 cents.

Yeah, I think this game will have more replay value than your typical RPG.
And lately there aren't many other titles I'm pining for, so I'll be picking this up by default.

CRAYMAN
08-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah, will there be a difficulty option.

mattgame
08-30-2004, 02:18 PM
I was joking mannnnnn!!!! I don't review for GMR anymore.

CRAYMAN
08-30-2004, 05:12 PM

Fruity fem-boys. :rolleyes:

X-Factor
08-31-2004, 04:38 AM
9.3 is disappointing? Man you have some high standards.I think it's a bit of a disappointment as well, when you take into consideration the hype, the development time, the team behind it, and the claims of it being the greatest RPG of all time. IMO, not only the most ambitious RPG of this generation, but the most ambitious title period.

To be honest, I was expecting IGN to give it a 9.5 or better, as most caliber titles receive from them (e.g. Halo, KOTOR, Metroid Prime, FFX). After reading their preview for Fable, I was expecting a 9.6 or higher.

9.3, by no means, is a bad score, but a little low for a game of this magnitude. I'd put Fable up there with Halo 2, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 for one of the most hyped up and anticipated games of this generation.

CRAYMAN
08-31-2004, 09:56 AM
I think it's a bit of a disappointment as well, when you take into consideration the hype, the development time, the team behind it, and the claims of it being the greatest RPG of all time. IMO, not only the most ambitious RPG of this generation, but the most ambitious title period.

To be honest, I was expecting IGN to give it a 9.5 or better, as most caliber titles receive from them (e.g. Halo, KOTOR, Metroid Prime, FFX). After reading their preview for Fable, I was expecting a 9.6 or higher.

9.3, by no means, is a bad score, but a little low for a game of this magnitude. I'd put Fable up there with Halo 2, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 for one of the most hyped up and anticipated games of this generation.

C'mon man. Those aren't even in the same league with Halo 2.

But it looks to me like I'll be picking this one up. It's the BEST action RPG to date from the reviews. But it's going to be too dam easy. I could have stretched some more hours out of it, if it had different difficulty settings.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 11:41 AM
You know what pisses me off? They got Fable. Now if they were to take an RPG game that got rave reviews... I don't know, some Final Fantasy. If they were to compare them, they wouldn't. In fact, I don't look at Final Fantasy esque games anymore.
Now, some people will argue both ways. Which do you like better? Some it will probably be an easy question, others may have to think about it.
But put this to mind: I used to be a FF junkie & Didn't matter how redundent it, or it's next title was, I played the heck out of it.
Now, after I started growing up, I realized the immense waste of time & began to see the redundancy of the same formula for everytitle with a different story line. What a bunch of crap! Maybe if they released them @ 20 bucks, but come one!!
Here, we have Fable, a game that seperates itself from the crowd but still manages to display & play itself like an RPG. Swords, Magic, Wizardry, ability to choose who you want on your team. Want to be a wizard? How about a Farmer? What about a Swordsmen, or a Warrior? Also, there's no world map or resting in a tent everywhere you go (Why did the tent wear out everytime you pitched one anyways?)
I could go on forever. The point I'm trying to make here is if you're still playing Final Fantasy & think that it's the Best thing ever, just as I have, then you haven't truly appreciated an RPG yet.
That & I think IGN is a bunch of Fan Boys.

Nameless
08-31-2004, 12:48 PM
You know what pisses me off? They got Fable. Now if they were to take an RPG game that got rave reviews... I don't know, some Final Fantasy. If they were to compare them, they wouldn't. In fact, I don't look at Final Fantasy esque games anymore.
Now, some people will argue both ways. Which do you like better? Some it will probably be an easy question, others may have to think about it.
But put this to mind: I used to be a FF junkie & Didn't matter how redundent it, or it's next title was, I played the heck out of it.
Now, after I started growing up, I realized the immense waste of time & began to see the redundancy of the same formula for everytitle with a different story line. What a bunch of crap! Maybe if they released them @ 20 bucks, but come one!!
Here, we have Fable, a game that seperates itself from the crowd but still manages to display & play itself like an RPG. Swords, Magic, Wizardry, ability to choose who you want on your team. Want to be a wizard? How about a Farmer? What about a Swordsmen, or a Warrior? Also, there's no world map or resting in a tent everywhere you go (Why did the tent wear out everytime you pitched one anyways?)
I could go on forever. The point I'm trying to make here is if you're still playing Final Fantasy & think that it's the Best thing ever, just as I have, then you haven't truly appreciated an RPG yet.
That & I think IGN is a bunch of Fan Boys.
Have you played Fable yet? What pisses me off is people who go off the handle for a review of a game that they haven't even played yet. Also, why the hell are you ranting about Final Fantasy games?

CRAYMAN
08-31-2004, 01:28 PM
Have you played Fable yet? What pisses me off is people who go off the handle for a review of a game that they haven't even played yet. Also, why the hell are you ranting about Final Fantasy games?

The whole point of the forums is to generate discussion.
Whether about games, game reviews or even about opinions of game reviews.
Simply because a game has not yet been played or released doesn't place it off limits for the purposes of discussion or criticism.

As for your last question, I'll bet he doesn't like FF games.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Man, teddy Bear Molester. I told you, I was once just as defensive about my Oh So Precious FF series. Maybe a little bit more. Until I got into real games.
But that's besides the point. Maybe this game isn't for you if you're more into Non-Real time Battles.
But I played a copy of it that I'm not supposed to mention anyhow, so I'll stop there & I can tell you, that if you gave this game a chance, you'd never, ever play another Final Fantasy until they completely reinvent their process.
Once SquareEnix drops the ball & starts pushing the envelope they could gain a lot of respect back from a lot of Mature Gamers. But until they do, I'm just saying that I'm done with it.

LTM360
08-31-2004, 01:38 PM
Yes, the Final Fantasy games are not 'real' games, and they are the same everytime.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, you sure did a whole lot of 'growing up' it seems.

Now, after I started growing up, I realized the immense waste of time & began to see the redundancy of the same formula for everytitle with a different story line.

Final Fantasy games are story driven, the gameplay isn't the most important aspect of them. Final Fantasy games are made to put the player into a world, and immerse them into a story, no other reason. If you want a different formula, I do believe Squaresoft released Kingdom Hearts, Front Mission 4, & Drakengard to name a few. There's different formula for you.

Nameless
08-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Brutus, I've been waiting for Fable for 3 years. Its the reason I wanted an Xbox. I've never even played a FF game, just the fact that your whole post seemed to be knocking a game with no relation to Fable confused me.

Crayman, hes freaking out over the review of Fable (I think anyway...he seemed vewry angry at FF games for the most part) and calling IGN fanboys before we've even played it...how does that work? Btw, I dont ever believe just random people on internet forums who are like "yeah I've played the game...but I'm not sposed to say how" its the worst lie and grab for attention in the book. Tell us exactly how you played it before you just spew that stuff.

CRAYMAN
08-31-2004, 04:30 PM
Yep Nameless, just because a game has a great formula(Fable) doesn't mean it's a GREAT game.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
However the rating scores have been stellar, even if the reviews haven't.
I mean, to give a game with 20 hours of gameplay such high marks is a bit unusual I would think.

Shadow20002
08-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Well, 9.1 and 9.3 for a start for Big Blue Box is great already.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes, the Final Fantasy games are not 'real' games, and they are the same everytime....

Final Fantasy games are story driven, the gameplay isn't the most important aspect of them. Final Fantasy games are made to put the player into a world, and immerse them into a story, no other reason. If you want a different formula, I do believe Squaresoft released Kingdom Hearts, Front Mission 4, & Drakengard to name a few. There's different formula for you.

Man. It's all about the gameplay. If you still appreciate it, more power to you. I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden more than any game in memory, & it's for a reason. It was awesomely amazing.

Now, Fable plays awesomely amazing, only the story can vary. You choose your own path. Kind of like the Light & Dark of KOTOR, but much more in depth.

SPARTAN VI
08-31-2004, 05:05 PM
IGN mentions keeping an 'open mind'. If you were expecting everything BBB/LH promised they'd put in Fable years ago, then you'll feel very dissapointed. This is where I dust my shoulders and thank myself for not reading any previews on Fable. :D I barely know what to expect, so I'm hoping for a very pleasant surprise. :)

studepaber
08-31-2004, 06:02 PM
IGN mentions keeping an 'open mind'. If you were expecting everything BBB/LH promised they'd put in Fable years ago, then you'll feel very dissapointed. This is where I dust my shoulders and thank myself for not reading any previews on Fable. :D I barely know what to expect, so I'm hoping for a very pleasant surprise. :)

Hey good idea *begins binge drinking until everything known relative to Fable is lost* :cheers:

OC Noob
08-31-2004, 11:14 PM

lol, yeah I think they must have kicked you off the staff the second you became an "Xbox fiend" ;)

I still read it because I get bored when I'm taking a crap and have finished all the other gaming mags, but take anything they say about an XBox title with a grain of salt.

That goes for PS2 (game system & games), EA, Rackstar, Nintendo (first party titles) and SquareEnix titles too as they seem to be rabid fanboys of any super hyped company. Of course, they are super hyped because of quality products, but they overrate almost regardless of the product when it comes to these companies.

mattgame
09-01-2004, 08:20 AM
GMR beat Fable up pretty good. I read it last night. They are a bunch of idiots. They gave Nascar 2005 a better score! I will never write for them again!

Brutus
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Man, I laughed so hard, milk almost came out of my Lizard Shnozz!

FB-Gollum
09-01-2004, 12:50 PM
9.3 is disappointing. Yes it's a good score, but you are expecting much higher from something that is supposed to innovate the entire genre. I mean, a game that is supposed to turn the RPG community on it's head after decades of the same formula should warrant a better score.

However, I don't trust reviewers. Fable is an Xbox exclusive, and you'll notice most reviewers (ESPECIALLY GMR, WHO'S REVIEWS ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT THING EVER, just look that the "Better than, not as good as, wait for it" box, half the time the games aren't even in the same genre!) favour PS2 products, and try not to hype Xbox too much. They know who pays them. This spans to most multiplatform publications. Xbox games often do not get the fair turn they deserve thanks to the Sony goliath. 8/10? I highly doubt it, from what I've read about how the game plays, it should be a highly addictive title, and also have the most rare quality for RPG's; replay value! I'll give you an unbiased review from an RPG'er who was playing before RPG's had graphics as soon as I get my pre-order.

Cloud Wolf
09-01-2004, 01:48 PM
It was a nice read, not going to take much notice of it as I dont trust IGN, England gets a full reveiw in the next OXM not sure about the USA I will post the OXM score for england and see what USA give it, has anyone else noticed that IGN mostly Under estimate or over estimate every game that gets reveiwed there, the reveiw did not even give us that much info on the game he was just gambling on about himself and what he had done I stopped reading one page away from the end due to boredom of his big ego and his adventure all I understood from the reveiw was that you can choose your charaecter due to good deeds and bad deeds, everything he said I already knew, still a nice read though everything about Fable is awsome.

studepaber
09-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Here's 5 new movies from Gamespot, the first new movie is teh gayest! :eek:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/fable/media.html

Brutus
09-01-2004, 07:54 PM
It was a nice read, not going to take much notice of it as I dont trust IGN, England gets a full reveiw in the next OXM not sure about the USA I will post the OXM score for england and see what USA give it, has anyone else noticed that IGN mostly Under estimate or over estimate every game that gets reveiwed there, the reveiw did not even give us that much info on the game he was just gambling on about himself and what he had done I stopped reading one page away from the end due to boredom of his big ego and his adventure all I understood from the reveiw was that you can choose your charaecter due to good deeds and bad deeds, everything he said I already knew, still a nice read though everything about Fable is awsome.
Wow! An Englishmen! (Sorry. I just seriously have always wanted to say that, but never had a reason to...)
They have OXM in the UK... Man. I'm sure it's better than our craptacular editors at OXM USA. I'll have to see if I can find that on Ebay or something!

OC Noob
09-01-2004, 09:19 PM
Wow! An Englishmen! (Sorry. I just seriously have always wanted to say that, but never had a reason to...)
They have OXM in the UK... Man. I'm sure it's better than our craptacular editors at OXM USA. I'll have to see if I can find that on Ebay or something!

Yeah man, they are worse then GMR. I bought a few OXM's for the discs and everything I read was so positive. Even games that turned out to be crap they had nothing negative to say.

I guess since its official Xbox Mag they try to put a positive spin on everything... otherwise maybe they wouldn't be Official any more :eek:

BananaMan
09-01-2004, 09:39 PM
all i know is, i'm ready for fable. /end

Whisper
09-01-2004, 10:56 PM
You guys are whining about a 9.3 / 10?

Holy ****. You're like those asian kids who get 97% on a test and complain to the teacher.

Brutus
09-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah man, they are worse then GMR. I bought a few OXM's for the discs and everything I read was so positive. Even games that turned out to be crap they had nothing negative to say.

I guess since its official Xbox Mag they try to put a positive spin on everything... otherwise maybe they wouldn't be Official any more :eek:
Not only that, but who understands their scoring? Splinter Cell is the Best Game Ever?!?!?! What?!
I get pissed when they take games & slam them too. Like Sudeki I thought for sure was going to work out. I love the game & they slammed it... What a bunch of crap.
It completely doesn't help having that new "old guy" there either.
Ever since they introduced him it was all about the most boring read ever! That magazine is Craptacular!!!!

mattgame
09-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Don't believe the hype, the reviews , or any of us. Buy it, play it, judge for yourself.

Brutus
09-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Don't believe the hype, the reviews , or any of us. Buy it, play it, judge for yourself.
No doubt. Man, all of these stupid magazines. I'm sick of subscriptions. It's good to hear about new games coming out, but I hate getting someone else's opinion of it, you know.
Not even the gamers can tell give games the same reviews. They're always off by Huge Numbers!
I think they ought to have each game Reviewer tell us a TON about themselves. More than any of them are now. Let us see their track record. But, that'll never happen. Oh well. :bang:

mattgame
09-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Exactly, so I'll cop mine and give it a play. I know everyone don't have the same tastes for instance, I really liked Tao Feng. I also liked NFL Fever 2004. The passing was awesome to me. So we're all different, so who is the best judge? Ourselves.

OC Noob
09-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Not only that, but who understands their scoring? Splinter Cell is the Best Game Ever?!?!?! What?!
I get pissed when they take games & slam them too. Like Sudeki I thought for sure was going to work out. I love the game & they slammed it... What a bunch of crap.
It completely doesn't help having that new "old guy" there either.
Ever since they introduced him it was all about the most boring read ever! That magazine is Craptacular!!!!

You liked Sudeki, heh?

Never played it, but was interested. What games does it play like? KotOR, Zelda, FF, etc..?

Would be nice to hear about it from someone who enjoyed it.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-04-2004, 12:45 AM
I liked Sudeki as well. It was a good rental. I don't think it warrants a purchase though. The graphics are great, the gameplay is above average, the story is alright until the ending, and then the story blows, the voice acting was a little crummy at times, but most of the time it was fairly good, the dialogue was pretty good, it was challenging, it has no replay value, but it has babes ;). It's a unique concept in my opinion, as well.

There, I just compressed a three page review into a rather large sentence.

OC Noob
09-04-2004, 01:30 AM
I liked Sudeki as well. It was a good rental. I don't think it warrants a purchase though. The graphics are great, the gameplay is above average, the story is alright until the ending, and then the story blows, the voice acting was a little crummy at times, but most of the time it was fairly good, the dialogue was pretty good, it was challenging, it has no replay value, but it has babes ;). It's a unique concept in my opinion, as well.

There, I just compressed a three page review into a rather large sentence.

lol

but was it turn based or action style combat? I can't rent because i owe like $40 in late charges and am too lazy to get a card some where else unless it sounds like I'd like this game enough to rent it. i don't like turn based combat much at all.

XboxGamers
09-04-2004, 03:41 AM
I Can't Wait!

Brutus
09-07-2004, 11:56 AM
lol

but was it turn based or action style combat? I can't rent because i owe like $40 in late charges and am too lazy to get a card some where else unless it sounds like I'd like this game enough to rent it. i don't like turn based combat much at all.

Ha, ha. Sorry about leaving out on a limb like that. It was a great Labor day weekend! :)

So Anyway, if you've ever played Grandia II You could say that Grandia kind of Pioneered the RPG Team in Combat mode.
Whether you've played Grandia or not, you'd be stuck getting sucked into the way better than cool combat on this RPG. Imagine Free Roaming, NOt Turn-based (They call it Real-Time) battle field with magic, Melee & all other attacks (Yeah, even HUGE attacks Known as Spirit Strikes & also what's like the GF in FF's. )

Looking really sweet is the fact that this game is Rated Mature, & it's a complete "let's Display the images of Blood & gore!"

It's pretty cool to pick Tal, the Strongest Barbarian in all of Haskilia & be hacking at a Woluf until it becomes a bleeding carcass with bones showing you feel kind of like "The Man".

Sound is Divine if you have 5.1 Surround SOund. It's the type of sound that distracts you from the Stellar Graphics at times. However that's the one thing that barely lacks in this game is the graphics. While they are Spiffy, Shiny, & Just all around really tight, I wish they could have been a teeny little bit better. But I'm just saying that because I've already been spoiled with games like Morrowind ! ha ha. Another Gem.

Another really neat feature is how when in the middle of battle you can go ahead & switch out your character for one of your other four teammates & get a first person view for the Magician & her Magic Wand or as Elco the Scientist that wields a laser gun.

It's sort of throwing a hint of HALO skills in an RPG! Way neat. Or even filling in where Phantasy star online failed to make it cool: Putting that feature in the game if you're wielding a gun!

If only they made Sudeki in a Multiplayer form, or put it on LIVE. Wow... I like it. They say it can be completed in like 15 to 20 hours. I don't know, I've had it for a good month & am getting somewhere towards the end, I think.

Keep this in mind too: Brutus Hates RPG's. This is the first one in several years that I got sucked into. Maybe it's the schnazzy graphics & sound? Maybe the Combat? I don't know, just know it's signed with my approval!

OC Noob
09-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Ha, ha. Sorry about leaving out on a limb like that. It was a great Labor day weekend! :)

So Anyway, if you've ever played Grandia II You could say that Grandia kind of Pioneered the RPG Team in Combat mode.
Whether you've played Grandia or not, you'd be stuck getting sucked into the way better than cool combat on this RPG. Imagine Free Roaming, NOt Turn-based (They call it Real-Time) battle field with magic, Melee & all other attacks (Yeah, even HUGE attacks Known as Spirit Strikes & also what's like the GF in FF's. )

Looking really sweet is the fact that this game is Rated Mature, & it's a complete "let's Display the images of Blood & gore!"

It's pretty cool to pick Tal, the Strongest Barbarian in all of Haskilia & be hacking at a Woluf until it becomes a bleeding carcass with bones showing you feel kind of like "The Man".

Sound is Divine if you have 5.1 Surround SOund. It's the type of sound that distracts you from the Stellar Graphics at times. However that's the one thing that barely lacks in this game is the graphics. While they are Spiffy, Shiny, & Just all around really tight, I wish they could have been a teeny little bit better. But I'm just saying that because I've already been spoiled with games like Morrowind ! ha ha. Another Gem.

Another really neat feature is how when in the middle of battle you can go ahead & switch out your character for one of your other four teammates & get a first person view for the Magician & her Magic Wand or as Elco the Scientist that wields a laser gun.

It's sort of throwing a hint of HALO skills in an RPG! Way neat. Or even filling in where Phantasy star online failed to make it cool: Putting that feature in the game if you're wielding a gun!

If only they made Sudeki in a Multiplayer form, or put it on LIVE. Wow... I like it. They say it can be completed in like 15 to 20 hours. I don't know, I've had it for a good month & am getting somewhere towards the end, I think.

Keep this in mind too: Brutus Hates RPG's. This is the first one in several years that I got sucked into. Maybe it's the schnazzy graphics & sound? Maybe the Combat? I don't know, just know it's signed with my approval!

That sounds really cool. I'm going to get it if I can find it for around $30.

Thanks.

Brutus
09-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Trade in your old games, man! What are you thinking? Lettin' em' collect dust or just upgradin' the fun! I might be trading mine in next month or something.
I'm going to need a lot of help when I'm picking up Fable, Doom 3, Halo 2, Advent Rising, & Half-Life 2 just went gold, didn't it?
Man, this holiday season is so hot! I'm guaranteed to be broke after this holiday season! Not that it'll matter. I'll be playing the coolest & hottest games ever!
If you're looking for the Coolest game on earth: ESPN NHL 2K5. WOW!!!! I'd have paid $50 for that; just like I had last year.
Waiting for price drops have pluses & minuses, you know...

Shadow20002
09-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, the ones who whining is still getting Fable, i'm sure about it. :)

LTM360
09-07-2004, 09:29 PM
I preordered the game... when exactly will I be able to buy it? Anyone know?

Cryogenic Pyro
09-08-2004, 12:02 AM

The game can be completed in 15 to 20 hours.

I rented the game, and before I fought the last boss, my in-game clock was at 13:30, I believe(I'm not quite sure, it was 13 hours and some minutes). I even got stuck on several parts, and sometimes I just ran around to get level ups.

OC Noob
09-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Trade in your old games, man! What are you thinking? Lettin' em' collect dust or just upgradin' the fun! I might be trading mine in next month or something.
I'm going to need a lot of help when I'm picking up Fable, Doom 3, Halo 2, Advent Rising, & Half-Life 2 just went gold, didn't it?
Man, this holiday season is so hot! I'm guaranteed to be broke after this holiday season! Not that it'll matter. I'll be playing the coolest & hottest games ever!
If you're looking for the Coolest game on earth: ESPN NHL 2K5. WOW!!!! I'd have paid $50 for that; just like I had last year.
Waiting for price drops have pluses & minuses, you know...

Too many games, too little time (and money).

I need to grab ESPN NHL 2k now that you mention it:D

spmoney
09-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Really?

Brutus
09-09-2004, 11:50 AM
The game can be completed in 15 to 20 hours.

I rented the game, and before I fought the last boss, my in-game clock was at 13:30, I believe(I'm not quite sure, it was 13 hours and some minutes). I even got stuck on several parts, and sometimes I just ran around to get level ups.
13 hours!? Man, did you explore or talk to anyone / anything? :huh:

mattgame
09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
13 hours is way too short! I don't believe it.

Brutus
09-10-2004, 12:46 PM
No doubt.

faceoff508
09-10-2004, 02:10 PM

It is is possible if you don't do any of the side quests or talk. If you just go on a planed course you can beat it in 13 hours. The game does not require you to talk to anybody except a few

Brutus
09-10-2004, 03:45 PM
It is is possible if you don't do any of the side quests or talk. If you just go on a planed course you can beat it in 13 hours. The game does not require you to talk to anybody except a few
Man. THey said you can beat FABLE in like 15 hours too. Does that mean you want to beat FABLE in 15 hrs?
I'd rather explore & talk & find out the history, present & future of Haskilia! :argue1:

Cryogenic Pyro
09-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Man. THey said you can beat FABLE in like 15 hours too. Does that mean you want to beat FABLE in 15 hrs?
I'd rather explore & talk & find out the history, present & future of Haskilia! :argue1:
Like I said, I got stuck several times, and I went exploring, leveling up, and all the other things to prolong the length of the game. If I had a digital camera, and still had Sudeki, I'd take a picture, but I can't.

I don't think I talked to anyone I didn't have to, though.

Shadow20002
09-11-2004, 02:09 PM
15 hours is long enough for a RPG for these days. Just remember some games in the past, you can beat it less than 5 hours.

Brutus
09-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Well, I passed hours 27 & 28 when I scalped that giant monster at the Aklorian Stronghold.
That part was pretty sweet. Bones & blood gushing. That's sweet. I'm happy with it. It looks like I'm getting towards the end. I'm digging it. About 30 to 35 hours I suppose. The Video Game guy was right. What can hold me over til FABLE comes out: Sudeki. Easily.
This game got bashed by reviewers but if you asked me, it's just what we wanted.
You see, I'm not an old fashioned guy at all. I'm all about the New fashion. Sudeki has that covered. It's all about Next Gen Graphics, Sound, Polish & a compelling story. I like it. I'm going to go off & save the entire world as soon as I get back to my game. I don't know how much is left but I'm upgrading my guys to go face that evil beyatch!

mattgame
09-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Is Fable out yet?

CRAYMAN
09-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Is Fable out yet?
Comes out here Tuesday the 14th.

Brutus
09-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Man. We don't get it out here in the middle of the Sonoran Desert until Wednesday. Oh well. That's what we get here.
Water's pumped in, Gas is pumped in, & products come from elsewhere. Man, it's hard to imagine but there's 5 million people in the middle of this HUGE, hot desert.

batman46st
09-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Damn brutus that reall s*cks man, i cant wait till tomorow when i go down to my gamecrazy and get my copy of mr fable.... i hope it lives up to the hype

OC Noob
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Man. We don't get it out here in the middle of the Sonoran Desert until Wednesday. Oh well. That's what we get here.
Water's pumped in, Gas is pumped in, & products come from elsewhere. Man, it's hard to imagine but there's 5 million people in the middle of this HUGE, hot desert.

Dude, tomorrow you might be able to get it at an EB location late evening. Its doubtful, but if one of the stores didn't get many preorders and they are picking it up at the airport (like my EB manager) you might swing it Tuesday night. Not bad considering it doesn't ship anywhere till tomorrow and most stores won't get it till Wednesday. It ain't just in the desert.

Soundscape
09-13-2004, 11:56 PM
i hope it lives up to the hype i think you're going to be dissapointed.
why buy the game when you can rent it and complete it in a day or two?

OC Noob
09-14-2004, 08:00 AM
i think you're going to be dissapointed.
why buy the game when you can rent it and complete it in a day or two?

I will answer with a question. Why rush through it in a day or two and only get 15 hours of play when you can take your time and enjoy it for 40 hours?

EDIT: oops, wasn't my quote. Its no names's quote;)

Brutus
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Word is it is supposed to get here on the plane tonight, guaranteed tomorrow.

batman46st
09-14-2004, 11:15 AM
so anways i whoke up this morning on the 14th on my preorder thing it sais fable arriving to stores the 14th by the way this is game crazy. So i hed down to my local by local i mean (2 miles away) game crazy. I start to take out my preorder thing with my 50 the freaking dude goes and sais to me oh umm we have it we cant distribute till tomorow im like ur paper sais the 14th the dude before u told me today come in and get it....................... well to make a long upseting story short :watchout: i didnt get it!!!

Soundscape
09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
will answer with a question. Why rush through it in a day or two and only get 15 hours of play when you can take your time and enjoy it for 40 hours?
from what i've read you can get about 15 hours out of the main story if you reaally take your time. and the few side quests don't add much to that. i'm sure you could rent the game and complete it without rushing through and see all the games has to offer.

mattgame
09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I heard it will be at the store tonight. I'll call and check.

FB-Gollum
09-14-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm playing it now...it's great, how great? I don't know yet, but so far, outside of some framerate stutters it's looking incredibly solid.

Conchord
09-14-2004, 06:12 PM
I dont think I wanna pay 50 bucks for a game with 15 hours of playability...

Brutus
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Framerate stutters! I was thinking that they may have been pushing it with the lighting, but is it the lighting or is it just because of how many things are on the screen at the same time.

Rn't you supposed to be able to chop down any tree & burn down any house or something cool like that... Man, Who cares about anything like stutters & stuff like that.

OC Noob
09-14-2004, 06:28 PM
from what i've read you can get about 15 hours out of the main story if you reaally take your time. and the few side quests don't add much to that. i'm sure you could rent the game and complete it without rushing through and see all the games has to offer.

Ign said 15-100 hours:

"Fable is made of several layers of detail. Casual gamers who want a quick experience and some fun can run around the surface of the world, complete the main quest and sidequests, and get out after 15-20 hours of play. However, those who want a little more detail can read into the history of the world, learn a bit more about why certain events have importance. Then you can go a little deeper if you like, interact with NPCs, get married, have censored sex, buy and rent property, sell merchandise, kill everyone in a town (though they will respawn over time), play with kids, terrorize kids, kick chickens, or just get piss drunk and vomit all over yourself. And there is another layer after that. If you really want to spend a good 50-100 hours in Fable, you can. Go searching for all of the Easter Eggs -- Unlock ever silver chest, stumble upon time-sensitive events, figure out how to get hold of the Sandgoose, whatever that may be, or conquer the world with a frying pan."

Team Xbox review at a fast pace took just under 20 hours:

"There have been a lot of gameplay hour estimates thrown out there since Fable’s announcement; anywhere from 20 to 60 hours. Hardcore gamers will indeed find Fable on the short side, even when completing all of the optional quests. As late GDC of this year, we were told that the core story quests would take 20-30 hours. Perhaps it would take a novice gamer that long if they walked around aimlessly for a few hours, but expect more like 10-12 hours max to finish off the required quests. It took me under 20 hours to complete all but the few never-ending quests and a few secrets. Admittedly, I did play at an up-tempo pace, but I still took plenty of time to explore the land, find most of the hidden Silver Keys, and solve the Demon Door riddles."

And nobody is going to zip through an open game like a reviewer doing a review unless they aren't enjoying it and just want to get to the end.

Gamespot 20-30 hours:

"You can get through the younger years in about an hour, and the rest of the story is fairly brief and will take you 10 hours or less--that's if you ignore a few available side quests, though these don't pad the game's length too much further. Fortunately, Fable's world is sprinkled with little hidden secrets--collectible special keys, talking demon doors challenging you to open them up in some obscure fashion, concealed treasure chests, and so forth--and these give the game some additional lasting value. Ironically, though, there isn't necessarily a clear incentive to play through the entire game over from scratch once you've finished it the first time. Yet, however you choose to spend your time with the game, you should be able to squeeze a good 20 to 30 hours out of it when all is said and done."

As you can see 15 hours is zipping through it (the whole game, not just the main story line and a few side quests).

Its in my gruby hands, but I can't play it. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

FB-Gollum
09-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Framerate stutters! I was thinking that they may have been pushing it with the lighting, but is it the lighting or is it just because of how many things are on the screen at the same time.

Rn't you supposed to be able to chop down any tree & burn down any house or something cool like that... Man, Who cares about anything like stutters & stuff like that.

I don't honestly know, but I'm guessing it's lighting. When you start moving from a standstill it mostly happens. Honestly, so far it hasn't affected gameplay at all. I'm a little further in now and I'm starting to get that feeling like when I played KOTOR the first time, except with WAY better graphics, like, Gaiden better graphics.

faceoff508
09-14-2004, 06:57 PM
THe Reviews for Fable are getting better acoording to Gamerankings. 89% based on 11 reviews. It has not gotten below an 80, which is pretty good.

Brutus
09-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Man. I've been waiting for this one since the first screen shot released in 2000... That's a long time. It all depends on what you're looking for I suppose. I've been looking for it for 4 years!

batman46st
09-15-2004, 06:12 PM
This game is awesome guys a def must have its story is sooo good the controls are much like zeldsa ocarina of times. And the things u could do is unlike any other rpg ive seen. wellllllllllllllll im off to play :yikes: