PDA

View Full Version : Football Playoffs

Caspel
01-26-2002, 08:27 AM
Hello, I know most of you are aware that Xbox.com has its simulated versions of the playoffs(and the season) for football.

Today in the next 2-4 hours I will be running something similar but with NFL Fever 2002, and Madden 2002(sorry I dont have NFL2k2 yet, nor ESPN Primetime Football 2002).

I will run both AFC Championship game and NFC Championship games. I will post in on the forums the winners of both games to see how they both differ.

If any of you want, go ahead and 'bet' on these simulated games to make it a little more fun with scores of the game and maybe player of the games and other jazz you might want to add. Well I will be back later on updated process of these games. Have fun betting, it would be a lot funner.

My Predictions is
Patriots: 20 Player of the game: Lawyer Milloy
Steelers 14

Rams 31 Player of the game: Marshall Faulk
Eagles: 17

Be back later all.

Raida7
01-26-2002, 08:30 AM
:) Hey buddy this is for Xbox football is for otside this site:)

Frostberg
01-26-2002, 09:19 AM
hehe you would think mods would know where to post their...ummm...posts

and BTW, its about time for the pats to run out of luck!

wizkid918
01-26-2002, 10:01 AM
seems a bit out of place... IMO

Caspel
01-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Sorry, about the post. I know it should be moved to the Off-topic forum or the Sport games forum, but I am not a moderator. I am rather new here at Xboxaddict so, sorry about the misconvience. Well just thought I would have fun comparing the Madden scores to the NFL Fever scores Xbox.com generated through their simulation. Do any of you still want me to report the scores at all or no?

Frostberg
01-26-2002, 09:40 PM
Its ok. Its just that the games are all old and are going on stats from the end of last year...thats why I hate that I bought NFL2k2 just because I know the ravens shouldnt be the best overall team...

gtaplayer
01-26-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Its ok. Its just that the games are all old and are going on stats from the end of last year...thats why I hate that I bought NFL2k2 just because I know the ravens shouldnt be the best overall team...

isnt there a way u can decrease/increase player ratings on teams so the team rating lowers???

Caspel
01-27-2002, 06:46 AM
Well on Madden 2002 I could tell that the ratings aren't as accurate so when I simulated them, I increased Kordell's a few, Tom Brady's a majority..um I increased Troy Brown along with Plaixco Burress to make sure everyone was up to the potential they have right now. Is anyone interested in any of the scores then?

Brian
01-27-2002, 05:24 PM
Patriots going to the Super Bowl baybay!

Brian
01-27-2002, 05:24 PM
I have a feeling the Eagles are too... as of now the score is 17-13 :\

Frostberg
01-27-2002, 05:26 PM
yeah post your scores if you already did them...silly pats...they wouldnt of won but pittsburgh was TERRIBLE today, especially kordell stewart! And pats special teams are pretty nice

Caspel
01-27-2002, 06:50 PM
Yesterday when I simulated the Conference Championships they turned out like this..

Rams:27
Eagles: 20
(Tidbits: Aneas Williams intercepted Eagles last chance on their last drive. Which is sort of ironic with what happened with today's game. Just that the pass was to James Thrash though.)

Steelers: 26
Patriots: 10
(Tidbits: Tom Brady got injured and after that, the Patriots never scored. Brady was dominated by the Steeler defense early but was able to get 10 points in the first 2 quarters before his early departure.)

Well only one was accurate even though two big tidbits happened, which occured in the games today. When the Eagles played, they were down 27-3 at halftime and shut out the Rams in the 2nd half. Eagles then saftied Warner, and then scored a touchdown on the next possession but missed the two point conversion, making the score 27-11. Then Corey Simon recovered Faulks rare fumble recovery and the Eagles scored once again but also failed another 2pt conversion making it 27-17, then hit a field goal late in the fourth quarter.

Frostberg
01-27-2002, 06:53 PM
see thats how it should of been...no pats in the super bowl! jeesh!