PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life Is going gold Monday

Styx
08-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Half-Life 2 gold Monday?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/27/news_6106035.html

Valve head drops a golden bomb on the Half-Life 2 Fallout forums.
The long, dramatic saga of Half-Life 2's development cycle may finally be coming to a close. Earlier this evening, Gabe Newell, the head of Valve Software, left a short, but sweet post on the HL2Fallout.com forums, simply stating "We're going gold Monday..."

Earlier this week, Valve began preloading the highly-anticipated game through the company's Steam service. The only files that were uploaded were "set-in-stone" items, such as audio, textures and the like. But, if the game is indeed going gold as of this Monday, it could mean that a full, purchasable version of Half-Life 2 could be available practically as early as next week.

GameSpot will bring you more on this developing story as it becomes available. In the meantime, feel free to catch up on all the latest Half-Life 2 happenings with our previous news coverage of the game.

But no word of the XBox version.

OuFtb
08-28-2004, 09:55 AM
But just a few hours later, the tone had changed with the HL2 Fallout website apologising for the confusion created by the bogus post. "After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100 per cent certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

"We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated," a statement said.

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56455

To bad it sounds like a hoax, I'd have to wait for the Xbox version anyway.

SoundX
08-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Even if it were true, I wouldn't care. Damn PC and it's no good specs. I'll stick by my Xbox thanks.

Chaotic
08-28-2004, 09:26 PM
i heard the game was delayed once again until November

severd hed
08-30-2004, 10:52 AM
i still havent finished the first one

Chewy
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
i still havent finished the first one

Now that was a first person shooter. The best story line. It completly dragged you in. I can only hope that the second one holds up.

l Maximus l
08-30-2004, 03:10 PM
I'll pick it up only if it comes out for XBox. I'm not against PC versions, but, I can't bring myself to spending all the cash for all the necessary upgrades to my computer just to run the game. When it hits XBox, I'll simply shove the disc in and it works. It may not be as "pretty" as the PC version, but, it should still look solid.

Chewy
08-30-2004, 03:18 PM
I'll pick it up only if it comes out for XBox. I'm not against PC versions, but, I can't bring myself to spending all the cash for all the necessary upgrades to my computer just to run the game. When it hits XBox, I'll simply shove the disc in and it works. It may not be as "pretty" as the PC version, but, it should still look solid.

You are right man, but I am a computer guy. I just don't like most of the FPSs on the Xbox. The graphics and the gameplay simply can't compare. The extra cash I have to spend on it, and the extra time I have to spend setting some of the games setup is a small price for all of the different games it allows me to play. Can you say City of Heroes??? :hail:

WynnFire
08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
I don't care for Half Life 2 anymore. The only interest I originally had in it was the graphics but then FarCry and Doom 3 came out and the graphics seem better in those games than HL2. Of course, I will still get it when it comes out to show off my pc.

Shadow20002
08-30-2004, 10:11 PM
Xbox version is what i'm looking for.

SoundX
08-31-2004, 08:52 AM
I am a bit worried about how the Xbox version will play. I mean, when Quake 3 was ported to the Dreamcast it worked pretty well, but then when ID tried the PS2 version, something went wrong and it got nasty. I'm hopeing it was just PS2 programming that caused that and not poor porting on the developers behalf.

Brutus
08-31-2004, 07:34 PM
HAAAAAAA Leigh Lu Yah!
HAAAAAAA Leigh Lu Yah!
HA Le Lu Yah; HA Le Lu Yah!; Ha Layyy, Lu Yah!

David Luckey
09-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Why do people have to **** around?
I mean, wouldn't the PC gamers already have it, if idiots wouldn't have stolen/copied the HL2 source in the first place?

Cryogenic Pyro
09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Why do people have to **** around?
I mean, wouldn't the PC gamers already have it, if idiots wouldn't have stolen/copied the HL2 source in the first place?
I would have to say, no. They just used that as an excuse to delay the game. If you played the alpha, you would know that the game was no where near being finished.