PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2 controller?!?!?

JoeX
08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Check out what I just got passed from a friend of mine. He says it's the "alpha" controller for the next Xbox… just a touch smaller than the Controller S. I think it's pretty sweet and my buddy mentioned something about a second set of shoulder buttons?? What's up with that...can't really see them here though! What do you guys think? Could this be it?

http://tinypic.com/3uavt

lax_defense
08-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Looks pretty ugly to me. Thank god its only the alpha. Do you have any proof, also?

lotec16
08-30-2004, 07:09 PM
I like the S-controller.

TOTTEN
08-30-2004, 07:19 PM
I hope the xbox 2 will let you use the old controllers. Its ok but not good enough.

bostwick202
08-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Looks like one of those gay controllers that they have for computer games

Reclaimer
08-30-2004, 07:47 PM
No white and black buttons, it looks like two high mounted shoulder buttons, there's no insignia jewel and there's no letter designator for the buttons.

I don't think that's the next generation of Xbox's controller.
It looks cheap and generic and awfully like a computer joystick replica, or a third party Xbox stick meant to mimick a playstation controller for the PS fanboys.

And from this view point, it looks like the communicator port is gone.. assuming they did away with the mem-card port too. Look at the cord where it meets the body, looks like it plugs right into the where the communicator goes.

CarGuy
08-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Lol Wtf Is That!!!?!?! :rofl:

LynxFX
08-30-2004, 08:11 PM
They better not make the controller smaller than the S-controller. That is too small as it is. Give me the duke over all of those anyday.

Shadow20002
08-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Better change the layout of it, just keep it like the most of Controller S.

blonks
08-30-2004, 10:56 PM
No white and black buttons, it looks like two high mounted shoulder buttons, there's no insignia jewel and there's no letter designator for the buttons.

It looks cheap and generic and awfully like a computer joystick replica, or a third party Xbox stick meant to mimick a playstation controller for the PS fanboys.

And from this view point, it looks like the communicator port is gone.. assuming they did away with the mem-card port too. Look at the cord where it meets the body, looks like it plugs right into the where the communicator goes.

:hail: no wonder everybody loves you ;)

l Maximus l
08-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Hopefully they will have a ressurection of the Duke Controller for Xbox 2 :D

BananaMan
08-30-2004, 11:33 PM

that's why it's alpha :p

Reclaimer
08-31-2004, 02:02 AM
that's why it's alpha :p

That's why it's nothing. It's fake. It's not the real deal.
Do you think that Microsoft's offering of the next generation of gaming consoles are going to have controllers that look like Play Station controllers? What's next?
The Xbox 2 will have a vertical mount and a slot DVD loader?

I will bet every dollar I have that that is not the controller. Alpha controller my ass. How long until the Xbox 2 comes out, no one knows the exact specifications, or even what it looks like, yet there's suddenly an "alpha" controller that looks like a computer usb stick that was made to resemble a PS pad?

There's not even the letter designators on the buttons for "B, Y, X, A". Because that is a generic stick for a computer or something else and they didn't want to put the letters on it because it won't apply to the other system.
If you where colorblind, you use the letters on the buttons to coorespond the controls for the Xbox game, not the colors.

Furthermore, Xbox 2 will continue with Xbox Live and push online gaming into the future. Xbox Live is the future of Microsoft. Look at the fake ass controller.
You can tell that there is nowhere to put a communicator module.
Let's just play with the idea that MS decided to do away with memory cards. There is still nowhere for a communicator. The wire is center mounted and it's up high.
It can't be below the wire because the mute button would be blocked by the controller wire. The controller wire would be all over the top of the communicator module.

It has top mounted triggers. That's an unnatural placement for Xbox triggers.
Don't say it'll have four triggers because then it becomes a PS controller and according to this JoeX, he says his friend has them. No. The Xbox will not have controllers that resemble a PS stick that closesly.

How many break away cable links does it need? I see two.
I see the Xbox proprietary USB connector plugged into a breakaway, that's plugged into another breakaway.

Lastly, if you ignore everything I said, at least read this part:

Look at how short the wire is. An Xbox controller cable is several feet long. I think it's like 6-8 feet long actually. It's meant to let you play a console while sitting away on a couch.

Look at the fake controller. It has a short ass cord. You can see the entire lenght of the cord on the picture. That is obvious that it was meant to be a computer joystick that's USB and plugs into a computer tower USB port. You sit next to the tower in front of the screen. You don't get a 8 foot cable for that.
The reason why the controller is sitting on the wire is because they don't want you to see the cut and splice job to get a Xbox USB plug on that wire.

And finally, are you just going to believe someone that just pops up and says.. look my friend has a picture of the "Alpha" controller for the next Xbox!

I hate to bust your bubble, but that is not an Xbox controller at all.

The Jackal
08-31-2004, 03:07 AM
nice control http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/3dlil/puke.gif ... thank god Reclaimer is right and its not a real one

SoundX
08-31-2004, 06:58 AM
That is without a doubt the ugliest pad I have ever seen in my life. Thank god it's probably fake.

The extra shoulder buttons will be a nice touch instead of the black and white buttons, I always found they got in the way on my controller s pad.

Brevity
08-31-2004, 07:37 AM
I read in a article in one of my mags that MS was seriously considering duel shoulder buttons.

SoundX
08-31-2004, 07:53 AM
Yeah they are, it would be a much more accsessable option than having white and black on the main button face. Just hope it doesn't turn out like the PS2 pads.

BananaMan
08-31-2004, 09:35 AM
That's why it's nothing. It's fake. It's not the real deal.
Do you think that Microsoft's offering of the next generation of gaming consoles are going to have controllers that look like Play Station controllers? What's next?
The Xbox 2 will have a vertical mount and a slot DVD loader?

I will bet every dollar I have that that is not the controller. Alpha controller my ass. How long until the Xbox 2 comes out, no one knows the exact specifications, or even what it looks like, yet there's suddenly an "alpha" controller that looks like a computer usb stick that was made to resemble a PS pad?

There's not even the letter designators on the buttons for "B, Y, X, A". Because that is a generic stick for a computer or something else and they didn't want to put the letters on it because it won't apply to the other system.
If you where colorblind, you use the letters on the buttons to coorespond the controls for the Xbox game, not the colors.

Furthermore, Xbox 2 will continue with Xbox Live and push online gaming into the future. Xbox Live is the future of Microsoft. Look at the fake ass controller.
You can tell that there is nowhere to put a communicator module.
Let's just play with the idea that MS decided to do away with memory cards. There is still nowhere for a communicator. The wire is center mounted and it's up high.
It can't be below the wire because the mute button would be blocked by the controller wire. The controller wire would be all over the top of the communicator module.

It has top mounted triggers. That's an unnatural placement for Xbox triggers.
Don't say it'll have four triggers because then it becomes a PS controller and according to this JoeX, he says his friend has them. No. The Xbox will not have controllers that resemble a PS stick that closesly.

How many break away cable links does it need? I see two.
I see the Xbox proprietary USB connector plugged into a breakaway, that's plugged into another breakaway.

Lastly, if you ignore everything I said, at least read this part:

Look at how short the wire is. An Xbox controller cable is several feet long. I think it's like 6-8 feet long actually. It's meant to let you play a console while sitting away on a couch.

Look at the fake controller. It has a short ass cord. You can see the entire lenght of the cord on the picture. That is obvious that it was meant to be a computer joystick that's USB and plugs into a computer tower USB port. You sit next to the tower in front of the screen. You don't get a 8 foot cable for that.
The reason why the controller is sitting on the wire is because they don't want you to see the cut and splice job to get a Xbox USB plug on that wire.

And finally, are you just going to believe someone that just pops up and says.. look my friend has a picture of the "Alpha" controller for the next Xbox!

I hate to bust your bubble, but that is not an Xbox controller at all.

I got reclaimer-owned. :cry:

David Luckey
08-31-2004, 10:20 AM
omg you did.
I would love to just use the controller s for xbox 2, but I am sure they will have something better than the s

Spaztic
08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Its possible.....It is just alpha. Its not going to have the jewel or nice buttons because it is an alpha and if it gets out ms can deny it. My wireless has the b and w buttons as extra buttons on top of the controller and it is 10x's better then the black and white buttons on the s. Xbox2 might have the communicator wireless.....I wouldn't put it past ms to have users buy a new live headseat and software for the xbox2.

MajorTom
08-31-2004, 03:47 PM
If that is the controller for Xbox Next, I jsut might have to kill myself.

BananaMan
08-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Its possible.....It is just alpha. Its not going to have the jewel or nice buttons because it is an alpha and if it gets out ms can deny it. My wireless has the b and w buttons as extra buttons on top of the controller and it is 10x's better then the black and white buttons on the s. Xbox2 might have the communicator wireless.....I wouldn't put it past ms to have users buy a new live headseat and software for the xbox2.

See reclaimers post.