PDA

View Full Version : I just beat Breakdown...

StudioAlex
09-01-2004, 02:29 PM
And the only thing on my mind is when does the sequel come out so I can kick Solus's ass in the other timeline too!

This game sat on my shelf for a couple months (I lack time these days, so sometimes it'll be months between buying a game and actually playing it) but once I started playing, I was damn near canceling plans with my girl and my friends so that I could play it.

This damn thing is addicting, which is good cuz it's also insanely hard. I'm willing to bet that anyone who thinks this game is trash just didn't give it enough time. The hand to hand fighting is very deep, but admittedly, becomes frustrating when fighting more than one foe, especially early on.

The story is pretty good, and I would love to have some answers to certain questions like: why in the hell was the army killing everyone at the beggining, not to mention trying to rub out Derrick? Was there some accident where Derrick killed a bunch of people but couldn't remember? *********Spoiler Question********How did Derrick fall into the future scientists hands in the first place?

Does anyone know if a sequel is coming? I don't think it did too well, much probably owed to the similar, and in some ways better, Rid**** being released at around the same time.

AlphaCigara
09-01-2004, 06:11 PM
I loved Breakdown...the general consensus here is that it is teh suxorz, but i guess we're different. Gradually earning up your powers, a cool fighting system, having everything happen in 1st person, and riding around in a jeep were all really cool. I bought it for $20 and still haven't regretted it :)

Shadow20002
09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, it's just too short....

StudioAlex
09-02-2004, 09:44 AM
It took me about 13 hours to beat it. Not too short in my opinion. But, there isn't much incentive to replay the harder modes (I'd do it if it gave you more light on the story) except for possible heart attacks and coniptions.

Also in regards to length, they could have made it longer by offering noncombat areas, where you just talk to people, barter for ammo, things like that. That also would have been a nice breather, too.

Still looking forward to kicking Solus's ass in the future timeline.