PDA

View Full Version : Damn PAL, Damnit to Hell!

SoundX
09-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Apart from the odd pants instead of trousers, and fries instead of chips, I really don't see why UK couldn't become a NTSC region. UK, basicaly is weighed down and forced to wait because of other languages that games have to be transalted into.

There isn't any real reason why it couldn't or shouldn't happen, I'd be happy if they just started making PAL Xbox NTSC compatible so the people who wanted to could import. That way the people who speak english are free to import instead of wait.
Basicaly all televisions manufactured these days support 60HZ so there really aren't any reasons why this couldn't happen.

Take Fable, you guys are getting it in a matter of weeks. In the language that I speak, but for someone reason I won't have my hands on it for another 49 days. By the way that countdown Shadow has in his sig really makes me cry.

And I'm not just complaining for english speaking regions of PAL. Translations and other things that have to be tweaked for our audience seem to take ages. It's really frustrating, when do the translators actualy start up there work anyway, are they forced to wait for a NTSC and go from there or do they spend alot of time before a release in that region. But if Halo 2 can be ready for PAL release two days after the NTSC I can't understand why other games take so long. Ok maybe Fable, because of all of that dialog, but nothing else.

I think this is something that most companies are guilty of, example, the Nintendo DS coming to US and Japan in mid november and march 2005 in Europe. To hell with that, I'm importing.

Anyway, basicaly, Europe is treated like crap. It's stupid, frustrating and I don't like it. It. Is. Gay. Rant Over. :bang:

Good god I can't wait to haul my ass over to US when I'm 18. :rofl:

Cloud Wolf
09-03-2004, 10:15 AM
Dude thats a sweet post :hump: , but dont you agree that we get better gameplay from it, apart from Ninja Gaiden that was an embrassment to are country.

stormin4
09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Right on buddy! Give 'em hell!

:hump:

Matt Freegard
09-03-2004, 09:50 PM
Don't forget Ninja Gaiden. Wait three months for the same game and they ruin it by censcoring it... :(

Ah just read the other Gaiden post, least someone else agrees.

ShannonX
09-03-2004, 09:54 PM
what's transalted? Do they take salt from the us and put in eruope and vice versa? :p

Matt Freegard
09-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Nice waste of a post Shannon. :rolleyes:

TOTTEN
09-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Good god I can't wait to haul my ass over to US when I'm 18. :rofl:
Do it suka lol
They should do what you said dude cause it isnt cool to do this to cool people like yourself.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Nice waste of a post Shannon. :rolleyes:
And that was much better. He was trying to be comical, but now you've killed it. I hope you're happy that you've commited murder today.

Matt Freegard
09-03-2004, 10:12 PM
I am actually aware of the irony. :hump:

odpr
09-04-2004, 03:40 AM
shame shame, no piracy discussion

SoundX
09-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Ireall y can't see what is the prob, do what I didtake a chip put it in the box, get games from emule and don't pay a single dime for it...
that's great u u don't have to wait for games, the new games comes even faster
AMAZIOGO!! I recommand this method if u don't live in the states...

AMAZIOGO! And also, Ilegal.

odpr
09-04-2004, 12:06 PM
what iligal.
taking such ammount of money for this
this is illigal, at least in my country it cost a lot! and the xbox is not officialy here, so I can do what ever I want...
and belive me u will feel much better, it' not as if the interpol will knock on your door becaus u put chip inside, they should go to the chip makers. not us..

SoundX
09-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Yah, well there's always that option. But there are millions of people who don't want to stick in a chip, who just want games as soon as possible after US releases.

I'm not just talking about myself, we're talking nearly the whole of UK here. I can't see everyone chipping there Xbox anytime soon. The majority of the country has to wait for months on end for no real reason.

Microsoft don't seem to understand that people hell bent on getting Fable as soon as possible will import, will get NTSC systems and will not be treated like crap. In the end it will cost Microsoft.

I don't get problems like this with my GBA, because it is conveniently region free. While the rest of the UK were twiddling there thumbs waiting for games like Advance Wars 2, Pokemon, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, I was playing them. And look how Nintendo was affected by that. There is now a community of importers loosing Nintendo there money. But in the end it was there fault, they failed to deliver and took a stupid amount of time to release here.

Do it suka lol
They should do what you said dude cause it isnt cool to do this to cool people like yourself.

Thanks for that Totten :)

Shadow20002
09-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Well...at least you know it's gonna come around the corner...

odpr
09-05-2004, 08:48 AM
well you need to look at one more importent thing , when fable will be out halo two will be around the corner people will start saving for that, and won;t buy fable...

shame shame, no piracy discussion

LiquidX
09-05-2004, 09:54 AM
well you need to look at one more importent thing , when fable will be out halo two will be around the corner people will start saving for that, and won;t buy fable...

Nearly all real harcore Xbox/Halo 2 fan has has Halo 2 preordered for months, no matter what country they live in. Most probably already have it paid for.

Chipping an Xbox is wrong. It's illegal and steals money out of the pockets of game developers. The cost to make a game is astronomical and I want Bungie to have my money so they can keep pumping out good games. To me, people who use mod chips are cheap SOB's who want something for nearly nothing.

ShannonX
09-05-2004, 11:39 AM
odpr, any more talk about chipping your xbox and you'll be taking a break from this site. Don't do it again. Period.

SoundX
09-06-2004, 01:00 PM
This is more pointed at Nintendo but I guess the same goes for MS and Sony.

The lack of respect for Europe Gamers is pretty frustrating, and I hate the way they use the US as a test ground which determines us getting that game or not.

Sometimes they just don't release games here for no apparent reason. Animal Crossing, for example. They said that too much work would have to go into it and in a year or two AC2 would be ready for release there. Two years down the line, we got nothing and only now have they decided to release the game here.
Whether that was down to poor judgment of development or just a crappy excuse it really isn't that fair.

The fact of the matter is all the AC fans probably own an import copy by now and the game won't sell well, which could also determines the fate of the next installment.

Let’s see if I can hold off my next rant for at least week next time.

odpr
09-07-2004, 05:21 PM
in my country a xbox game cost one hundred dollars, now tell me , will you buy a game? ah?