PDA

View Full Version : My New Xbox!!

Jamo
09-03-2004, 12:41 PM
After hearing what happened to other peoples old thompson Xboxs and mine showing signs of... failure I wised up got rid of it and got a new samsung!! :) My question is this. I backed up my Live account ont a cousins Xbox and am going to retreive it in the next couple of days. It's not going to do anything different except play better and do the usual updaes right? I'll still be able to play online right?

Cloud Wolf
09-03-2004, 01:30 PM
Should do, dont see why not my mate did it with his xbox with mine, got it back worked perfectly. If not... failure.

SoundX
09-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Sure, nothing major has been changed IE modded. Just replaced, so your good to go.

I'm regreting passing on that Samsung drive I got, I made a hefty profit but my thompson had problems with Ninja Gaiden last night and it got so bad I switched to my Crystal Xbox.

l Maximus l
09-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Jamo...I have a buddy that did the exact same thing...he bought a launch box and it started showing signs of exhaustion...so, he went out last week and bought a new one. He also got a Samsung drive. He's happy and giddy like a school girl sucking a lollipop ready to conquer the biggest hopscotch course ever!

Yeah, now that's happy :D

Shadow20002
09-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Still got no problem with a launch's Xbox. :)

No Fear 23
09-06-2004, 08:14 PM
i had a launch xbox that was going fine until a stupid storm hit my house that knocked off the power. So basically, it fried my xbox. :(

I bought another one after that which is now about 4 months old.

AlphaRaptor
09-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Still got no problem with a launch's Xbox. :)
I got mine three months after the release date and it still runs like the day I bought it. :)

dances with broom sticks
09-07-2004, 09:28 AM
My launch box has been dead for awhile....

The guys at xbox-scene say its fixable though so who knows

severd hed
09-08-2004, 07:51 AM
my launch xbox started having problems around last Christmas, fortunatly in November, i decided to purchase an extended warranty, so when i got back from my Mom's house at Christmas, i sent it in, it came back with a samsung drive, and an empty hard drive. i lost a few game saves that i forgot to back up. ever since i got it back, it has been working great. my green Halo xbox hardly gets played because i always use this one.

a month or so ago..my friends launch xbox stopped reading discs completly. we put my samsung drive in his xbox and everything was fine..so he ordered a replacement drive on ebay for $30 and everything is working fine now for him. ( the drive he bought was a Thompson drive, brand new from the manufacturer. i guess the ones they are making now, are better than the ones they put in the original xboxes.) he was going to buy a samsung drive, but you cant find them for less than $100, and if you are going to spend that much money..you would be better off buying a new xbox.

Ninjermy
09-08-2004, 08:58 AM
:( i fear my xbox is on the verge of perishing, i now get a dirty disk error for halo when i click system link, so i put my friends copy of halo in and i got the same error :(

Whisper
09-08-2004, 09:35 AM
that is uber-common