PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire Sequel confirmed but....

Shadow20002
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Bioware taking the long-term view on new IP development

Speaking during the recent European Games Network trade show in London, Bioware joint CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka revealed that forthcoming Xbox title Jade Empire is intended as the first game in a new franchise.

"This is a franchise," he told gi.biz at the show. "This is a new IP, and there are going to be follow-on products - sequels and other things, absolutely. Our IPs, we have a long plan for - this is a rich world, and there are all these parts around the periphery of the empire that we haven't even touched on. There are lots of cool adventures still in the works."

Jade Empire, which is set to be published by Microsoft in Q1 2005, is the first original IP to be created by the celebrated Canadian developer, whose former titles have included the Baldur's Gate series, Neverwinter Nights and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

"We actually wanted to work on licensed properties first - to build up Bioware's reputation, to build up our knowledge of our craft, and to build up our team's experience," Muzyka explained to us at the show. "Now that we've got some experience and have a bit more of an idea of what we're doing, we want to make some new IPs, and Jade Empire is the first."

Source@ (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=4307)

Unreal
09-07-2004, 07:21 PM
It will be interesting how the franchise turns out.

OC Noob
09-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Bioware is one of those companies that just puts out top notch products. I can't wait for Jade Empire and I hope it turns out to be and Xbox empire like FF is for Square.

Clarification: I don't want Jade Empire to be like FF I want Bioware to have sucess with Jade Empire like Square has had with FF. For my preferences, JE looks like it will be much more enjoyable then FF, but I don't like Anime RPGs much so I'm very biased.