PDA

View Full Version : recent aquisitions

severd hed
09-08-2004, 07:41 AM
What games have you guys purchased in the last month?

i was at Toys R Us over the weekend and took advantage of their 50% off green sticker items. I picked up:

XIII - for $9.99
Deus Ex: Ivisibile War - for $9.99

i then went to gamestop and traded in my old FPS master controller (which is a big piece of crap) they gave me $8 credit for it, there wasnt really anything i wanted too badly..so i picked up

Tenchu: Return from Darkness - for $11.99 after using my store credit

then tonight i will pick up

Burnout 3 - for $50 at EB. i hate spending that much on a game..but i love burnout...and it is getting awesome reviews.

Shadow20002
09-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Nothing, still wait for Fable.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-08-2004, 08:33 AM
I haven't bought anything, and I probabaly won't. I'll wait until Christmas.

SoundX
09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
In the last month, erm, nothing. Well, I pre-ordered Burnout 3 I guess.

Huckleberry
09-08-2004, 11:45 AM
i bought about 10 games in july between the curcuit city sale and a couple of trips to gamestop. still haven't played most of those because i also bought nfl2k5 and have been playing that.

so i've been on a bit of a game buying hiatus, but that's about to change. fable, burnout 3, and halo 2 all within a relatively short period of time. cha ching!

revernd
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
nhl2k5 and pro fishing challenge last weekend

GeekHunter
09-08-2004, 07:30 PM
i too went to Toys R Us and got XIII, Voodoo Vince, Lord of the Rings (GC) and i also bought for 10 bucks the space channel 5 special 2 pack at EBgames and i paid 20 for NHL 2k5. burnout, fable, donkey konga are also on my list for this month.

Stifler
09-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Last game I bought was NHL 2K5 - game of the year baby. That brings my game total to about 8. That's the second game I've bought in about a year.

BananaMan
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I've bought Black Arrow, and pre-ordered fable.

jelgiad
09-09-2004, 09:41 AM
The last games i bought were Prince of Persia, Return of the King, and Black Arrow. I am hoping to get fable when it comes out, but that all depends on how much money i have, how much time i have to play it, and whether the reviews are good.

Cold_As_Ice
09-09-2004, 03:32 PM
The last game I purchased was Doom 3, although, I wish that I had bought Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow over it.

I might be buying Beyond Good & Evil, KOTOR, or Ninja Gaiden within the next few days, and I have Halo 2 on pre-order, along with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for XBox.

And btw, I'm currently playing through Deus Ex: Invisible War right now, and imho, the game is excellent, but it's by no means the apodeme of perfection that die hard fans of the series were initially expecting it to be. In its own right, without comparisons to the original, the game is pure gaming bliss. Currently, I've just completed the first couple of tasks in Trier, Germany, and the game is just so damn addicting! I do have quite a few complaints about the games design, like how incredibly easy the game is, or the fact that the over all structure of the game was streamlined to cater to a wide spectrum PC's, and the XBox console. Had this game been developed for one of these platforms exclusively, we would have had a significantly more broad and vast experience. Nevertheless, the game is still awesome. Definitely worth its current price tag.