PDA

View Full Version : Got rid of PS2

Rhiannon
09-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I finally traded in my PS2 for an xbox. I am normally a fan of RPG and action/adventure. So other than the obvious buys of KOTOR and Morrowind, what other games should I get for my Xbox?

AlphaCigara
09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I'd never trade my PS2 for something if i was looking for RPGs :) . No system comes close with RPGs. But you've left that behind, so here are a few good xbox games. Fable, one of the biggest hyped games on the box, comes out next week. It's def. worth a rent, maybe a buy. Reviews have been in the 8.5-9 area. Sudeki came out in July, and it's a love it or hate it game. It's an action-rpg, i've heard the combat and graphics are its strong point, rest of the game is so-so. That's pretty much it for RPGs, KOTOR 2 is scheduled for this xmas, but nothings confirmed yet.

I don't know about many action/adventure games, but Ninja Gaiden sticks out. Great reviews, lots of hacking and slashing, and very hard. I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head...oh well, i'm sure a lot of other people can help you out

Brevity
09-09-2004, 06:43 PM
I finally traded in my PS2 for an xbox. I am normally a fan of RPG and action/adventure. So other than the obvious buys of KOTOR and Morrowind, what other games should I get for my Xbox?
Dude you made a huge mistake!!!! PS2 is the THE RPG machine. And all in all has way more to offer ( thinking of the HDloader and such too). Go get it back fast man. Then save up for a XB b4 Halo2 hits.

Rhiannon
09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Dude you made a huge mistake!!!! PS2 is the THE RPG machine. And all in all has way more to offer ( thinking of the HDloader and such too). Go get it back fast man. Then save up for a XB b4 Halo2 hits.
No the PC is the RPG machine. I use my PC for all RPG gaming. sheesh. And trading in a machine with poor graphics and countless DREs(disc read errors) a mistake??? Come on. If I thought the playstation was so great I would never have traded it in. Teenager FF themed RPG do not cut it. I am aware of Fable coming out and plan on buying it. What about action/ adventure?

X-Factor
09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
A lot of good Xbox-exclusive RPGs on the way. KOTOR II and Jade Empire anyone?

Rhiannon
09-09-2004, 07:06 PM
good point X-Factor. I read all about those in a magazine....just one of the many reasons why I got rid of the PS2. And quite frankly I am happy with the desicsion.

Chaotic
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
good point X-Factor. I read all about those in a magazine....just one of the many reasons why I got rid of the PS2. And quite frankly I am happy with the desicsion.

Thanks for changing that color of your text that was hurting my eyes :(

Welcome to the forums, you made a wise choice :D

oh and GO STEELERS!!!! :hail:

OC Noob
09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Prince of Persia is a good game if you haven't played it on PS2/PC.

Otogi is good

Crimson Skies

Max Payne 2 is good if you haven't played it on PC

Same with Call of Duty and Bauldar's Gate

The new Star Wars game

l Maximus l
09-09-2004, 08:31 PM
You're a wise man...the PoS2 is so lack luster it's not even funny...especially when compared to XBox.

If you don't own Halo by now, you must pick this game up. Yes, it's a first person shooter, however, it is the only game that has taken that genre to a whole new level. Halo 2 is coming out in exactly 2 months from today...so, practice now and get Halo 2 when it releases.

It's an FPS that is clearly action/adventure related. Ninja Gaiden is another amazing action/adventure game that is also exclusive to XBox. That game ownz....it's extremely challenging which is a good thing in my book. I beat the game and enjoyed every second of it. I'm trying to play it again on very hard and am having a difficult time, but, I'm trucking through it :D

Chaotic
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
You're a wise man

It's a girl :rofl:

AlphaRaptor
09-09-2004, 08:58 PM
The Xbox I know has a whole slew of good RPGs, Im not really a big RPG fan so I can't list them all. But one thing I can say, you made the RIGHT choice!

TheCovenant
09-10-2004, 01:33 AM
thats a girl :)....

and a wise RPG girl. I see your more of an american rpg gamer. Veery mature female gamer, IMO. Usually girls like anime, therefore they like FF and all that ps2 rpg stuff, which really doesnt cut it for me.

Nice cg, but...meh...

FAble and kotor 2....(duh)....are comin'. If you havent played kotor on pc...or morrowind on pc... PICK THOSE UP NOW! you wont be dissapointed. I do reccomend, however, thqt you start with kotor...for the mere fact that you wont finish playing morrowind by the year end.

As for action adventure (like zelda type stuff)

NINJA GAIDEN. This is one of the best, if not THE best, action adventure game. EVER.

Then you got of course, onimusha warlords (genma onimusha for xbox) and prince of persia (with a sequal in the works). I reccomend Halo, even if you dont like first person shooters. Splinter cell pandora tommorrow is a cool experience. Rainbow 6 3 if you like counter strike (better than the pc and xbox CS imo)...

anyways, there you have it. I heard SUdeki is a strong rpg lacking one thing...a story. SAme goes with fable.

well Rhiannon, party on. :)

l Maximus l
09-10-2004, 01:51 AM
It's a girl :rofl:

Okay, fine! She's a wise man :watchout:

Rhiannon
09-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Ummmm......
Wise yes I am very wise.
But I definately not a man....Thank God!

OC Noob
09-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Ummmm......
Wise yes I am very wise.

A woman that likes games AND football?!??!?!

You must have/will make some man very happy :hail:

CRAYMAN
09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Ummmm......
Wise yes I am very wise.

tee hee....it's a girl...tee hee

You might like
Syberia(Adventure)***
Broken Sword(Adventure)***
Indiana Jones(Adventure)
Heroes(RPG)
Fallout(RPG)
KOTOR(RPG)
Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition(RPG)
Prince of Persia(Action Adventure)
Ninja Gaiden(Action) A bit hard if you're not really good at action games
HALO(Sci-Fi FPS)***
Fable(Action RPG)
Chronicles of Ridd****(FPS)

LTM360
09-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Ninja Gaiden & Prince of Persia, some of the best 2 action/adventure games out right now, I would say best, but Ninja Gaiden is a total Ripoff of Devil May Cry in terms of presentation, and I personally just find DMC alot cooler... Ninja and Persia are two games you can't go wrong with.

Star Wars: the Knights of the Old Republic, I just beat it, and loved it.

(ps. get Xbox Live) :)

Whizard97
09-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Is if you STILL like those ridiculously linear Final Fantasy games or if you care about getting GTA4 first or MGS first...

I say, who cares, it'll be on XBox sooner or later anyways....

rpgreligion
09-10-2004, 05:21 PM
You need to add Fable to your 'obvious' picks. :D

Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate 2 are good picks if you didn't have them for the PS2. Prince of Persia is a good adventure title, and Prince of Persia 2 will be coming out soon. B.C. is due out next year, and sounds pretty intriguing. Personally I liked Azurik: Rise of Perathia, but apparently I'm the only one.

Oh, and welcome to XBA. :)

Risen
09-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Personally I would also sell my PS2 if I could, but having 2 brothers that will fight me for it, and probably win doesn't help. I hope your descision turns out to be the best one for you, but you have to tell us in a couple of weeks if you think it was really worth it or not :cheers:

Snowblind
09-11-2004, 12:25 AM
KotOR II has just been confirmed for a Christmas release date.

LTM360
09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
oooooohhhhh yyyaaayyy :) :) :)

So happy. I finally beat KotOR 1 and I can't freakin wait for 2 :)