PDA

View Full Version : Sorry X-Box, I'm in love with another woman and you don't do it for me anymore.

Virazslo
01-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, I am geting a PS2 for my birthday as well as the X-Box I already have. I need party games and RPGs to survive. X-Box fills one of those categories only. Yeah Morrowind will be 1, but that is it, 1. Also, we lack Squaresoft, which sucks big time. They are also making Skies of Arcadia (great RPG for DC) for PS2 and GC, but not X-box. I am keeping my X-Box for Morrowind (might get it for comp instead, dont know). I hope more good games come out for X-Box, but they have been shooting blanks with games like Nightcaster, Azurik, Obi-Wan, and so many other just average 6.0-7.0 games.

AlBoogy
01-27-2002, 09:03 AM
WHO???

NO, WHO CARES!?

Supperdog
01-27-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Virazslo
Well, I am geting a PS2 for my birthday as well as the X-Box I already have. I need party games and RPGs to survive. X-Box fills one of those categories only. Yeah Morrowind will be 1, but that is it, 1. Also, we lack Squaresoft, which sucks big time. They are also making Skies of Arcadia (great RPG for DC) for PS2 and GC, but not X-box. I am keeping my X-Box for Morrowind (might get it for comp instead, dont know). I hope more good games come out for X-Box, but they have been shooting blanks with games like Nightcaster, Azurik, Obi-Wan, and so many other just average 6.0-7.0 games.

Hooray. Now get off our board.

Toonz
01-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Who needs Square ? We Don't IMO. I can't believe a bunch of FMV could sell as a game to so many people. I'd rather play the game than watch it.

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Yes, I agree, Squaresoft sucks big time... :)

but who needs them and their No Replay Value, Midget Character, BORING, poor excuse for RPG games? Morrowind is NOT the only good RPG coming out for Xbox, there's Night Caster, Project Ego, Enclave, and many more. Who in their right state of mind owuld want to pla a linear game over again! Aparently only PoS2 fanboys...

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 11:00 AM
And dude, instead of naming half-decent games for Xbox, try to name some good ones like Unreal Championship, Halo, DOA3, Morrowind, Enclave, Project Ego, Wreckless, WWF RAW, etc. PoS2 has crap games like Devil May Cry, MGS2, Tony Hawk 3, and alot of other games that either suck or have no replay value at all.

mattcoxonline
01-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
And dude, instead of naming half-decent games for Xbox, try to name some good ones like Unreal Championship, Halo, DOA3, Morrowind, Enclave, Project Ego, Wreckless, WWF RAW, etc. PoS2 has crap games like Devil May Cry, MGS2, Tony Hawk 3, and alot of other games that either suck or have no replay value at all.
Don't tell the thread author though that MGS X is on the Xbox. As is THPS3. Oh, and Burnout, and GTA3, Crazy Taxi Next, ISS Xbox, Max Payne.....and all the other PoS2 titles (their best titles) so there's no need to get one.

NO NEED!!

:D

J98GT
01-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Unfortunately I agree with the author. I have been disappointed with my Xbox so far. PGR can't stand up to GT3, DOA4 is too easy, and Halo gets repetitive with too few good multiplayer levels. Not to mention that half the weapons (the alien ones) are worthless in multiplayer. I have have already hooked my N64 back up to play MarioKart and Perfect Dark. Any game that doesn't have good multiplayer is worthless after the first week. We need an FPS that has an AWESOME multiplayer mode, with infinite configurations, dozens of weapons, and GOOD levels, like the ones on Perfect Dark and James Bond. Yeah, blood gultch with vehicles is fun, but it gets old because its the same old thing over and over again..

yeah, yeah "get off our site, blah blah blah," but it's true. So far, Xbox doesn't have one game that has decent replay value, at least for my freinds and I. I hope they prove me wrong soon, because I have over $700 invested in my system, between cables, games and controllers. I'd hate to have to trade it for a ps2.

wizkid918
01-27-2002, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately I agree with the author. I have been disappointed with my Xbox so far. PGR can't stand up to GT3, DOA4 is too easy, and Halo gets repetitive with too few good multiplayer levels. Not to mention that half the weapons (the alien ones) are worthless in multiplayer. I have have already hooked my N64 back up to play MarioKart and Perfect Dark. Any game that doesn't have good multiplayer is worthless after the first week. We need an FPS that has an AWESOME multiplayer mode, with infinite configurations, dozens of weapons, and GOOD levels, like the ones on Perfect Dark and James Bond. Yeah, blood gultch with vehicles is fun, but it gets old because its the same old thing over and over again..

we have gone over this before, PGR isnt supposed to compete with the Gameplay in GT3, and the graphics are better, sega gt 2002 will compete with GT3 and kick its ass, PGR is a challenging game that require skill, unlike GT3 where you just do the same race over and over to get the cashe needed to buy a new vehicle or upgrade it....sheesh, As for Halo, get competition and play online, after your ass gets kicked a few times, you'll keep playing, Brute Force will be AWESOME and as for SS in previous posts, on your PoS2 FFX is an interavtive movie, it sucks, you follow a red dot, fight and hit X, whoop-de-doo, Morrowind will be a lto better on xbox unless you have an 8000$ machine, and Project Ego will come out and set a new era in RPG's all together, can you say'Final Fantasy what?' if you are doubting your xbox, give it to someone who knows the truth and get on a PoS2 thread...premanantly

Xaminor
01-28-2002, 05:58 AM
What are we playing two months after the Xbox's launch? Halo, DOA 3, Madden 2002, NFL 2K2, NHL 2002, Project Gotham, Blood Wake, Transworld Surf, THPS 2x, Amped Snowboarding, SSX Tricky, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, and other great titles.

What were you playing two months after the Ps2's launc? After looking at the above list you may not want to answer this question. You say you like RPG's well give it a moment these types of games don't happen overnight and we get Morrowind only a couple months after the Xbox's launch, you had to wait a freakin year to get it for the PS2 and FFVII is a better game in my opinion. You want RPG's you will get them this year:

Morrowind

Project Ego (won't see this anywhere else and this will be the Xbox's best one)

Thief 3

Never Winter Nights

Fellowship of the Ring

Panzer Dragoon

Shenmue 2

PSO Version 2

Gaia Blade

and tons of others heading the Xbox's way. You may want to reconsider.

DOOM
01-28-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Xaminor
What are we playing two months after the Xbox's launch? Halo, DOA 3, Madden 2002, NFL 2K2, NHL 2002, Project Gotham, Blood Wake, Transworld Surf, THPS 2x, Amped Snowboarding, SSX Tricky, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, and other great titles.

What were you playing two months after the Ps2's launc? After looking at the above list you may not want to answer this question. You say you like RPG's well give it a moment these types of games don't happen overnight and we get Morrowind only a couple months after the Xbox's launch, you had to wait a freakin year to get it for the PS2 and FFVII is a better game in my opinion. You want RPG's you will get them this year:

Morrowind

Thief 3

Never Winter Nights

Fellowship of the Ring

Panzer Dragoon

Shenmue 2

PSO Version 2

Gaia Blade

YES, Indeed!!!

Ninja Scroll
01-28-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Supperdog

Hooray. Now get off our board.

LMAO!!!:D That's what im saying Supperdog!
We dont need your negetivity in our forum, so go take your corny PS2 ass on to one of their sorry ass forums and up outta here traitor! :D

Shadow Fox
01-28-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by J98GT

yeah, yeah "get off our site, blah blah blah," but it's true. So far, Xbox doesn't have one game that has decent replay value, at least for my freinds and I. I hope they prove me wrong soon, because I have over $700 invested in my system, between cables, games and controllers. I'd hate to have to trade it for a ps2. I agree, but only because Xbox doesn't have many epics (RPG's, Act/Adv games) coming up this year. Granted the sports games are kick-ass, but they also are on every other console. And as for PGR, the prequel (MSR on DC) plays alot more solidly, but I prefer it over slug-frame GT3 anyday....

Halo is an excellent game, basically PD with better graphics and Marines (oohrah!!). The multiplayer experience depends on what you do with your Xbox (LAN matches, or online deatmatches thru Gamespy), but if you're solo with no ethernet connection, you indeed are screwed. PD kills halo in multiplayer variety in this fashion (straightup four-player). But remember, PD for 64 has no online options at all, and while there's alot more to do in PD than Halo solo, the experience is better in the latter if you prefer fast-paced action over slower and wittier espionage tactics...

There are a crapload of FPS's slated for Xbox already (whether they are good or not, that's a different story)...;) But don't count Xbox out yet. When Malice, Morrowind, and Project Ego drop, they'll be worth their money in gameplay. If not, you can always break down and get a DC, PS2, or GCN for your RPG/action-adv alotment that you seem to deem crucial.

One thing I see lacking for both new consoles except PS2 is fighting games. VF4 and T4 are on PS2, and Xbox and GCN will have to wait on a version, if they ever materialize. SCII is the only noteworthy fighter coming up for Xbox in the near future, and it looks **** good...

But if you want fighters, RPG's, action/adv games, and multiplayer FPS's, your choice now would be a PS2, because it has a plethora of each these categories right now. And that's hard to admit being an Xbox and GCN owner, but PS2's the way to go on that front.

And give Halo a chance; if you haven't beaten it solo (on Legendary difficulty), then you're definately overlooking its replay value.

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

batman46st
01-28-2002, 12:36 PM
who cares man... im waiting for nightcaster im waiting for marrowid project ego and i know we're gonna ff11 and all thoseother kickass games if this guy wants a sony pso2 then hell more power to ya dude as for all of us we really dont care.

Xaminor
01-28-2002, 06:08 PM

Morrowind

Thief 3

Never Winter Nights

Fellowship of the Ring

Panzer Dragoon

Shenmue 2

PSO Version 2

Gaia Blade

Again I ask the same question. What were PS2 owners playing on their PS2's two months after launch?

Again I will answer the question as Xboxers we are playing SSX Tricky, Amped Snowboarding, Halo, Max Payne, NFL Fever 2002, NFL 2K2, Madden 2002, NHL 2002, NBA Inside Drive, Transworld Surf, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, blood Wake, Project Gotham, Munch, DOA 3, Nascar Thunder, Nascar Heat, F1 2002, and other great games.

Now let's take it to another level. What were Ps2 owners playing 6 months after launch? Ewwwwww GT 3 finally made its way and you don't even want me to answer this question in terms of the Xbox. Ok I will anyways. All of the games above plus Morrowind, Gun Valkyrie, UFC: Tapout, Hunter: The Reckoning, Sega GT 2002, Spy Hunter, soul Ccaliber 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Transworld Snowboarding, Unreal Championsip, GTA 3, THPS3, NBA 2K2, Brute Force, Rallisport Challenge, House of the Dead 3, MOH: Allied Assault, Blood Omen 2, Street Hoopz, and other greats. Again after this list I would be embarrassed to name off the Ps2's library too (after 6 onths).

This is my point. If you get a Ps2 now because your Xbox is getting old then compare what was on the Ps2 to what was on the Xbox early on and you can know what to expect in the future. Time isn't going to just suddenl stop and in 4 months your Ps2 is going to be the system collecting dust so waste your money.

Also you say there are no good adventure or RPG games coming to the Xbox?

Well I gave a list of RPG's and there are about 10 more coming but here are some good adventure games coming or already here.

Munch

Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon

Enclave

Fellowship of the Ring

Xavier Fox

Shenmue 2 (adventure/RPG)

Hunter: The Reckoning

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

Chaka: The Forever Man\

Blood Omen 2

Dino Crisis 3

and several others. Are you telling me you would rather play Jak and Daxter then Shenmue 2 or Enclave? Get a grip.

Also you said the Xbox doesn't have any good fighters. Go look at some DOA 3 reviews and then look at TTT or T4 reveiws and tell me the same thing. As far as I am concerned Mortal Kombat 5, DOA 3, Ninja Gaiden, DOA 4, and Soul Caliber 2 is the best line up of fighters coming to any console IMO. Then there are boxing games such as Ready 2 Rumble 2x, Knockout Kings 2002, Rocky, and Mike Tyson's Heavyweight Boxing.

Don't give us this bs you will be sorry in the long run.

I rest my case with the Xbox is getting the better version of most of the Ps2's best third party titles and the Xbox has a better first party of games such as Halo, or exclusives such as JSRF, HOTD 3, Sega GT 2002, DOA 3 and 4, Fever, Amped, Munch, Brute Force, Project Ego and the list goes on.

One more thing you have the nerve to compare PD's multi player to Halo's (and don't even try to compare single player) when you can not only play 16 player LAN with Halo but you can play it online, and you can play four people with their OWN screens or even with a four way split screen Halo is better. Let's see you get in several different vehicles in PD's multi player or let's see you even find me in some of the multi player levels of Halo since they are so big, let's see you race in a capture the flag or king of the mountain game with a jeep in PD. PD is a good game and you have more weapon features but weapons can be added to Halo and it doesn't need any more since needlers, rocket launchers, plasma rifles, plasma pistols, human pistols, sniper rifles, 8 guage shot gun, plasma grenades, marine grenades, are enough for me not to mention most of them have two features and the several different vehicls can be considered weapons. Give me a break.

Other good FPS's coming to the Xbox.

Doom 3

Unreal Championship

Alien VS Predator 2

MOH: Allied Assault

Return to Castlwolfenstien

Halo

Agent Under Fire (Ps2 version is utter crap)

Duke Nukem Forever

Bounty Hunter

Enclave

Cthul

Battlefeild 1942

Panzer Dragoon

and I am sure there are others, don't even use Red Faction in the same sentence as these FPS's.

Toonz
01-28-2002, 07:28 PM
WoW :eek: That was awsome Xaminor I think you said it all for all of us GREAT JOB !!!!

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 07:35 PM
wow this kids crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Xboxfan123
01-28-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Virazslo

One word: PATIENCE. The Xbox is not even on the market for 3 months yet. The are a ton of good games coming. Just imagine how many good games will be out by next Christmas.:cool:

Shadow Fox
01-28-2002, 08:31 PM

Again I ask the same question. What were PS2 owners playing on their PS2's two months after launch? Why are you asking this again? Where you not around in 2000? The answer is Tekken Tag Tounament, Street Fighter EX3, Ridge Racer V, Dynasty Warriors 2, SSX, Madden 2001, and Kessen. None of these titles kept my interest long enough before ebaying the thing in June 2000....
Again I will answer the question as Xboxers we are playing SSX Tricky, Amped Snowboarding, Halo, Max Payne, NFL Fever 2002, NFL 2K2, Madden 2002, NHL 2002, NBA Inside Drive, Transworld Surf, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, blood Wake, Project Gotham, Munch, DOA 3, Nascar Thunder, Nascar Heat, F1 2002, and other great games. And chances are he's already played and finished a vast majority on a PS2 already. The examples are SSX Tricky, Max Payne, NFL2k2, Madden, NHL, Silent Hill 2, Nascar, and F1. All these games have been out on PS2 months before the Xbox was even launched. I doubt he'll take that list seriously...
Now let's take it to another level. What were Ps2 owners playing 6 months after launch? Ewwwwww GT 3 finally made its way and you don't even want me to answer this question in terms of the Xbox. Ok I will anyways. All of the games above plus Morrowind, Gun Valkyrie, UFC: Tapout, Hunter: The Reckoning, Sega GT 2002, Spy Hunter, soul Ccaliber 2, Jet Set Radio Future, Transworld Snowboarding, Unreal Championsip, GTA 3, THPS3, NBA 2K2, Brute Force, Rallisport Challenge, House of the Dead 3, MOH: Allied Assault, Blood Omen 2, Street Hoopz, and other greats. Again after this list I would be embarrassed to name off the Ps2's library too (after 6 onths).I won't even answer your question here, due to the mountainslide of PS2 games that were available by then in early 2001. Instead I'll just post more Xbox games that were on PS2 awhile ago: Spy Hunter, GTA 3, THPS3 (online, unlike Xbox and GCN versions), NBA 2k2, Blood Omen 2, and Medal of Honor. SCII, JSRF, UC, and Gun Valkyrie will also make their way to the PS2 before or on the Xbox game's debut.
This is my point. If you get a Ps2 now because your Xbox is getting old then compare what was on the Ps2 to what was on the Xbox early on and you can know what to expect in the future. Time isn't going to just suddenl stop and in 4 months your Ps2 is going to be the system collecting dust so waste your money.I'm not even going to touch this one since it's such a biased statement. Wasting his money? In most people's eyes shelling out 300+ for a game is considered "wasting money", and the Xbox is not exempt from this...
Also you say there are no good adventure or RPG games coming to the Xbox?OK, now I really get the hint that you are talking to me, and you've confused yourself. Did I say, "there are no good adventure or RPG games coming to the Xbox"? Thank you. And for further evidence, I even pointed to Project Ego and Morrowind as major titles I plan to buy. How could you get such an obvious statement twisted?

Well I gave a list of RPG's and there are about 10 more coming but here are some good adventure games coming or already here.

Munch

Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon

Enclave

Fellowship of the Ring

Xavier Fox

Shenmue 2 (adventure/RPG)

Hunter: The Reckoning

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

Chaka: The Forever Man\

Blood Omen 2

Dino Crisis 3

and several others. Are you telling me you would rather play Jak and Daxter then Shenmue 2 or Enclave? Get a grip.Man you're one misled puppy. My whole point of advising J98 and Virazslo to stick with PS2 was because of RPG's, which they both appear to favor heavily. And in case you didn't know, PS2 already has 20+ available, compared to the 10 you have listed. And this list isn't even correct- Dino Crisis isn't an adventure game, neither is Silent Hill. And wasn't K-X what happened to the Bruce Lee game? I'd swear it is a fighter....You should have listed Have a Mice Day, Fate, BloodRayne, and Pirates of Skull Cove as exclusive adventure examples. BTW, the only "true" RPG's slated for Xbox are Fate, Morrowind, Project-Ego, and Enclave.

Also you said the Xbox doesn't have any good fighters. Go look at some DOA 3 reviews and then look at TTT or T4 reveiws and tell me the same thing. As far as I am concerned Mortal Kombat 5, DOA 3, Ninja Gaiden, DOA 4, and Soul Caliber 2 is the best line up of fighters coming to any console IMO. Then there are boxing games such as Ready 2 Rumble 2x, Knockout Kings 2002, Rocky, and Mike Tyson's Heavyweight Boxing.I'll say this one more time: PS2 has more fighting games out now than Xbox has slated for 2002, and then some. Mike Tyson, Knockout Kings, SCII, MK5, T4, and VF will or a have already been on PS2. I am a fighting fan, and I've played half of these games in arcades before developers even thought of console porting. Which is why I can tell you lacking Guilty Gear, CvS, MvC, VF, and Rival Schools franchises is a serious mistake for Xbox and GameCube (although CvS3 may still be in the works for GCN). DOA3 is, to the average and advanced fighting fan, merely DOA2 with 2 more characters gameplaywise. And if you've read those "reviews", they'll tell you that too. Ninja Gaiden is NOT a fighting game, in case your new to that NES series, and is slated for a GCN debut first, and then all consoles if Tecmo decides. Dude, you've got ALOT of stuff mixed up. Fix it.
Don't give us this bs you will be sorry in the long run.

I rest my case with the Xbox is getting the better version of most of the Ps2's best third party titles and the Xbox has a better first party of games such as Halo, or exclusives such as JSRF, HOTD 3, Sega GT 2002, DOA 3 and 4, Fever, Amped, Munch, Brute Force, Project Ego and the list goes on.

One more thing you have the nerve to compare PD's multi player to Halo's (and don't even try to compare single player) when you can not only play 16 player LAN with Halo but you can play it online, and you can play four people with their OWN screens or even with a four way split screen Halo is better. Let's see you get in several different vehicles in PD's multi player or let's see you even find me in some of the multi player levels of Halo since they are so big, let's see you race in a capture the flag or king of the mountain game with a jeep in PD. PD is a good game and you have more weapon features but weapons can be added to Halo and it doesn't need any more since needlers, rocket launchers, plasma rifles, plasma pistols, human pistols, sniper rifles, 8 guage shot gun, plasma grenades, marine grenades, are enough for me not to mention most of them have two features and the several different vehicls can be considered weapons. Give me a break.It is obvious to me now that you didn't read my post at all, you just searched for words to bash, because you've said THE EXACT SAME THING I HAVE, and tried to prove the same point. Where should I begin? Didn't I already say that Halo is online and PD isn't? Didn't I already say that PD has more features? Jeez. PD has more multiplayer options, period.

You can play capture the flag in PD and Halo, but how many stages can you do it in? Sure, the stages are smaller in PD, but 30 stages to chose from, programmable and editable bots, a plethora of modes and difficulties, and heaps of weapons destroy Halo here. And yes, 16 people can play Halo on one screen; I found this out first-hand October 2001. How many modes can you do with this, though? And how many weapons? Are there any bots? I won't go any further on this, as the rest is obvious. And btw, I also said that if you like more fast-paced action, then Halo would appeal to them more...why are you throwing your opinion into this? I'm merely suggesting things for the thread starter, and you're enforcing them. Microsoft will NOT send you a paycheck. Get over it.
Other good FPS's coming to the Xbox.

Doom 3

Unreal Championship

Alien VS Predator 2

MOH: Allied Assault

Return to Castlwolfenstien

Halo

Agent Under Fire (Ps2 version is utter crap)

Duke Nukem Forever

Bounty Hunter

Enclave

Cthul

Battlefeild 1942

Panzer Dragoon

and I am sure there are others, don't even use Red Faction in the same sentence as these FPS's. You forgot to mention Quake 4 and Unreal 2 since you're mentioning rumored games like Doom 3 and RTCW. Enclave and Panzer Dragoon are more like RPG's, and Agent Under Fire for both GameCube and Xbox will also be "utter crap", since EA's said they've done nothing new to the engine but graphic updates. Man, you've redefined the term "misinformed"....:rolleyes:

One major question: who are you quoting? You quoted yourself here, yet you seem to speak of some of my advice to J98 and Virazslo in your "rebuttal". If you are indeed talking to me, then hello, and know your stuff before you mouth off. You own this console, yet know so little about it's titles...disturbing...:(

ClayDawg52
01-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Since im just jumping into this im not going 2 get 2 technical, because i dont keep up with everything on xbox, i dont have enough time. I will say this - god **** both sides are acting like 2 year olds fighting over marbles. Be grateful u even have a console - i know i am - this is the first console my parents have let me buy (xbox) and im ****ed happy about it. Sure the ps2 has more games out right now, and some are really good, but you would be f***ing dumb to throw out ur xbox because there arent enough games out, just from the ones out already it was worth the money, hey dumbass just wait for more games to come out. Oh ya, since your talking about how misinformed every1 is, ill just point this out - Unreal 2 is for comp, there also coming out with a UT2 for comp, x-box has unreal championship. ANd since i love UT so much i personally cant wait for all of those to come out (the only problem is money for a new comp so i can run them...)

Xbox kicks PS2's as in three aspects - FPS, graphics, and multiplayer. It only has two controller ports for gods sake, id hate to see its vid card, and xbox's internet is going 2 be badass (now all i need is more money for broadband..) especially with UC (which i dont know why isnt being disucssed more) and its voice communicator. So even though ive played bond for PS2 twice and im already addicted - im going to have to stick with Xbox, besides i dont think my paretns would let me buy a PS2 anyway
:(, hehez.

Xaminor
01-29-2002, 01:49 AM
First of all this is in the wrong boards. This is a console debate issue.

Ok you are one misinformed puppy and I am going to keep this simple because I knew there would be someone here that would miss the main point of what I was saying and that someone is Starfox or whatever your name is.

My main point is that under this persons (the thread starter) logic he would be wasting his money because he is buying a $300 system for the mere reason his Xbox has gotten old. You with me so far? Ok now, I was only using the early titles for the PS2 vs. early Xbox titles as an example so that he could see what is in store for the future of the Xbox and the near future. My MAIN point was that launch titles for the Xbox are cmparable (or better in a lot of cases) then games on a system that has been out for one and a half years counting the Japan launch. That is my main point. Next time I will put an astrax next to the games coming to both systems if it makes you feel any better.

1)Doom 3 was confirmed in an interview with John Carmack so don't say it is a rumored game, MOH: Allied Assault, Duke Nukem, and Return to Castlewolfenstien were also confirmed as well as every other FPS I named off. If you would like I could find the link where Doom 3 was confirmed but I can't believe you didn't know this. Anyways it is.

2)Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon is primarily an adventure game only with fighting elements kind of like Shenmue.

3)Silent Hill 2: RESTLESS DREAMS (mind you) is a horror adventure game just as D 2 was for the DC. I will agree with you that it isn't primarily an aadventure game though. Either way there is a pretty solid list of FPS's, RPG's, and adventure games coming to the Xbox, not to mention action (Brute Force comes to mind) and if I remember you mentioned a lack of action games coming to the Xbox.

As far as RPG's go I can name a bunch more too but I just wanted to point out a few coming to the Xbox and if you ask me the Xbox list is more immpressive then the Ps2 list. Morrowind, Thief 3, Project Ego, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon, and Never Winter Nights interest me more then any RPG coming to the PS2, including FFXI which may even come to the Xbox. Oh I forgot Dominian.

PD is a fun FPS and all. But it doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Halo. I don't care if it is a classic. Just because Sonic the Hedgehog is a classic doesn't mean it is as good as Jak and Daxter (just an example) now does it.

In Halo you can edit all of the multi player levels too and there are a bunch of them but I never counted them. There are several little maps and a few maps that could fit 10 PD maps in one. BTW you ca't play 16 player LAN on one TV, lol. You would need four TV's but I am sure that was a typo. You are comparing an N64 FPS to Halo which is ridiculous. Halo is a better multi player game and Halo is a better single player game and that is all there is to it. BTW Halo is more fun in four player multi player also if you ask me, much more fun.

As far as the fighters go. I thought you meant the fighters on the Ps2 are better then the fighters coming to the Xbox but either way if this person has any patience who is anyone else to say that VF 4, TTT, and TIV are better then Ninja Gaiden, DOA 3, and the recently confirmed DOA 4? I would much rather play DOA 3 ad Ninja Gaiden but I like Tecmo's style.a

nascarfan29
01-29-2002, 05:34 AM
;) Man, I wish I had as much disposable income as some of the people on this board do...buying XBOX, PS2 etc....takes me a while just to save a few ducats to get a new game! I guess I could skip a mortgage payment or 2 and really load up though...
Or maybe I'll just ask mommy and daddy for another $500 ;)

Shadow Fox
01-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ClayDawg52
Since im just jumping into this im not going 2 get 2 technical, because i dont keep up with everything on xbox...Oh ya, since your talking about how misinformed every1 is, ill just point this out - Unreal 2 is for comp, there also coming out with a UT2 for comp, x-box has unreal championship. ANd since i love UT so much i personally cant wait for all of those to come out (the only problem is money for a new comp so i can run them...)Once AGAIN, I have to quote myself for people who don't read posts:
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
You forgot to mention Quake 4 and Unreal 2 since you're mentioning rumored games like Doom 3 and RTCW.Guess what? That means that I KNOW Quake 4 and Unreal 2 are for PC, and are rumored for Xbox, just like Doom3 and RTCW. Why couldn't you understand that? Misinformed? LOL...Oh, and congrats on your parents letting you buy your Xbox, son.
Xbox kicks PS2's as in three aspects - FPS, graphics, and multiplayer. It only has two controller ports for gods sake, id hate to see its vid card, and xbox's internet is going 2 be badass (now all i need is more money for broadband..) especially with UC (which i dont know why isnt being disucssed more) and its voice communicator. So even though ive played bond for PS2 twice and im already addicted - im going to have to stick with Xbox, besides i dont think my paretns would let me buy a PS2 anyway
:(, hehez. Anybody else wanna say the SAME THING I said in my original post again? Oh yeah, and the PS2 doesn't have a video card- back then in 99-2000, consoles had their graphics chip integrated with the CPU. So in essence, the "emotion engine" is the graphic and sound card for PS2. But I'm still misinformed, right? And keep on talking about a device (voice com) that no one has put their hands on before. And if you knew that PS2 and GameCube have online plans, maybe you wouldn't be as misinformed as you sound now...
First of all this is in the wrong boards. This is a console debate issue.

Ok you are one misinformed puppy and I am going to keep this simple because I knew there would be someone here that would miss the main point of what I was saying and that someone is Starfox or whatever your name is. And for you to twist and contort my posts into posts of your own, yeah right. BTW, I didn't post this thread- and the name's Shadow Fox; ask your other ninja pal Jubei; he'll let you know who I am in a flash.
My main point is that under this persons (the thread starter) logic he would be wasting his money...Next time I will put an astrax next to the games coming to both systems if it makes you feel any better.THAT was your main point? It sure was stated badly, and that's an invalid one, as well. Are you saying he should sell his Xbox then, and get a PS2 so he wouldn't waste any money? Oh yeah, there is the fact that he stated he's getting a PS2 regardless as a gift. So obviously he isn't wasting his money at all. But you knew that right? If you did, you wouldn't have even tried to make that an uncontested point. Quote games all day if you want to waste your time typing asteriks....
1)Doom 3 was confirmed in an interview with John Carmack so don't say it is a rumored game...Link please. The latest I've heard was John Carmack ignoring all questions regarding Xbox at quake-con, but confirming all the titles listed for PC/MAC. MOH and Duke Nukem were announced nearly a year ago for Xbox (and DN for GC), which is why I stated them in my post. You didn' t see that either though, huh? Like I said, read my posts before you get nit-picky.
2)Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon is primarily an adventure game only with fighting elements kind of like Shenmue. That I DIDN'T know; but what of Project K-X? Is it still a fighter? I haven't seen light of any of these titles in awhile (August), so fill me in on these. This is your first chance to inform ME on something...
3)Silent Hill 2: RESTLESS DREAMS (mind you) is a horror adventure game just as D 2 was for the DC...There's a genre called "survival horror". Guess which games fit that category? Yup, Silent Hill, Eternal Darkness, and RE series. And D2 only made it to DC because it was scrapped for M2 when it got canned, and eventually became the Nuon. And if I said there was a lack of "action games" for Xbox, you need to read my post again. Hell, that's the MAJORITY of Xbox's titles aside from sports. Why would I say that?
As far as RPG's go I can name a bunch more too but I just wanted to point out a few coming to the Xbox and if you ask me the Xbox list is more immpressive then the Ps2 list. Morrowind, Thief 3, Project Ego, Shenmue 2, Panzer Dragoon, and Never Winter Nights interest me more then any RPG coming to the PS2, including FFXI which may even come to the Xbox. Oh I forgot Dominian.And you forgot to add "in my opinion" at the beginning of your post. As of right now, Dragon Quest series is getting all the high sales that FF did in the past in the Americas and overseas. And PSX/PS2 has a slew of them DQV-VII, side story, dragon scale, and other guaranteed RPG hits that flush PC RPG's in sales. And those are facts, not my opinion. And no matter how many RPG's you list for Xbox, if there's not an amount exceeding 50, Xbox isn't close to touching the PS2 in RPG's. And BTW, your biased statement regarding those games being better than ones on PS2 will have alot of Lufia, Lunar, FF, Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, and Grandia fans ****ed. And feel free to post links of any of the games I listed making their way to Xbox, along with upcoming games like Chrono Break, Unlimited Saga, and Kingdom Hearts.
PD is a fun FPS and all. But it doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Halo. I don't care if it is a classic. Just because Sonic the Hedgehog is a classic doesn't mean it is as good as Jak and Daxter (just an example) now does it. Depends on the person and their "preference". Here, Jak and Daxter/Sonic is a bad comparsion for backing up Halo; at least Jak and Daxter have the same amount of gameplay elements. Halo is lacking many compared to PD. IMO, Sonic DC and Genesis series was a better experience than Jak and Daxter, so it really all depends on the gamer.
In Halo you can edit all of the multi player levels too and blah, blah...BTW Halo is more fun in four player multi player also if you ask me, much more fun. I know, I know- Halo is God to you, and no game that can touch it in its genre. How typical. Have you ever played Half-Life? There ya go; your FPS with a story and supporting actors. And Counterstrike for PC (or UT for that matter) more than singes Halo's multiplayer "options". "Sixteen player LAN on one television"? I guess that was a typo...correction: "yes I did know 16-player multi is possible on four Xbox's and one monitor each". Sound better? It's technically impossible for Xbox to achieve that on one screen, let alone the aesthetic conflicts (16 screens on ONE TV?).

Halo is a better single player game depend ing on what you like (which I've stated twice that you keep overlooking). If you like fast paced action more, then Halo is for you. If you like witty, tactical espionage, then PD would be a better solo experience (since there are more goals per mission, and stealth is more of a necessity). Now if you'd understand that, and quit basking in Halo (hell, I love the game too, but won't be a Halo fanboy), you'd see the obvious difference in their play experience. Don't just write off a game because you love another. Look at the facts. PD doesn't have online, but provides a more thorough experience for four players and more options (locations, weapons, bots). Halo has online and LAN, and has larger stages, but lacks the variety of stages, weapons and options. Do you see this now?
As far as the fighters go. I thought you meant the fighters on the Ps2 are better then the fighters coming to the Xbox but either way if this person has any patience who is anyone else to say that VF 4, TTT, and TIV are better then Ninja Gaiden, DOA 3, and the recently confirmed DOA 4? I would much rather play DOA 3 ad Ninja Gaiden but I like Tecmo's style.Will somebody please post a link saying that Ninja Gaiden is a fighting game now, cuz this guy is content that it is, ignorant of what I've said. Here's the link for Ninja Gaiden saying otherwise:

http://members.aol.com/mips36/dec2k1old.htm

Ninja Gaiden is an action/adventure title, just like the prequels, and isn't even confirmed for Xbox right now (GCN as of recent). And many fighting vets and tourney participants will grill you to let you know that DOA is by no means in the ranks of VF or Tekken as far as a respected series.

Go to the B6 tourneys this year in Sunnyvale- I GUARANTEE you DOA will not be a playable game there. VF, Tekken, MvC2 and CvS are the respectable series of fighters that actually have a professional following, and even KI and KOF share this pride. DOA has never been a tournament title, and never will be. The game only got attention on PSX because of the busty women, and that sexist profile will forever glare on DOA as a formidable series compared to the rest.

Xaminor
01-30-2002, 05:11 AM
Look most of our argument is based on opinion and has gotten way OT. The point is that if this person would rather have a PS2 then an Xbox because his Xbox is getting old, I am just using these games as an example to show what is in store for the Xbox. After all most peoples PS2's were DVD players at this point after its launch. Do you see what I am getting at because I can break it down further then this if I am not being clear about it.

As far as Ninja Gaiden goes, yes that would be considered an action/adventure game but I read that it was also coming to the Xbo and it would be a good addition to a huge library of great games.

Yes Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon is an adventure game being done by MS themselves.

I am too lazy but if you want to stand corrected then go to teamxbox.com and then in the search box in the right hand corner (top) type in Doom 3 in the text and it should bring you to an interview with John Carmack and he DOES say there will be an Xbox and a PC version and they would graphically be identical only the Xbox versions levels would have to be broken into more levels due to lack of memory. This is no big deal to me, he also says there may be a Ps2 version but dosn't mention anything about the GC. If you want I will find it for you but it is late at the moment.

PD vs. Halo. Let me ask you this question and then I will leave this one alone and I don't want a reason I just want a simple yes or no answer.

Would you rather own Halo or PD?

Now this question.

Would you rather own Half Life or Halo?

I would rather own Halo then either of them; although you can play the HL mods online there is so much cheating in CS that I won't even play for a longer period of five minutes at a time anymore. IMO Halo is the best FPS ever made and one of my favorite games ever made. MOH: Allied Assault is the second best and it is the only FPS that compares with Halo graphically (explosions in the sand for example), Halo's enemy AI is matched only by MOH and Halo's marine AI is only matched by Half Life. The control in Halo is better then any console FPS to date and it is almost as intuitive as a keyboard and mouse. Other things I like about Halo. The 5.1 DD sound is unmatched by any game to date, no game looks better then Halo on an HDTV in progressive scan and wide screen format. Multi player is a blast whether it be 2 players or four players (never played more then four but we have used the systems link to play four people with two tv's and one was an HDTV and the other was stil component and this was a blast. I also like the vehicles and realism of only being able to hold two weapons at one time. You know all of these things but I like to explain the things I like about the game and it would be immpossible to go over everything. You also have to remember that Halo was rushed to meet the Xbox's launch, just wait until the sequal comes out. I am anticipating Halo 2 every day and there is no doubt in my mind whatsoeverr it is going to be the best game ever made.

Shadow Fox
01-30-2002, 09:07 AM
Look most of our argument is based on opinion and has gotten way OT. The point is that if this person would rather have a PS2 then an Xbox because his Xbox is getting old, I am just using these games as an example to show what is in store for the Xbox. After all most peoples PS2's were DVD players at this point after its launch. Do you see what I am getting at because I can break it down further then this if I am not being clear about it.
I saw your "point" from the get-go, just a rather horrid way of putting it. Comparing games on Xbox that are already on PS2 wouldn't paint such a dramatic picture as "what's in store for Xbox". Simple logic: why would anyone want to choose any console that gets games later than another? And the EXACT same game? Even you Xboxers here have admitted this when comparing ports for GC and Xbox. I constantly hear "well, we'll get NBA2k2/NFL2k2/Live first". Surely the testament you wield here is totally contradictory of that, no?
As far as Ninja Gaiden goes, yes that would be considered an action/adventure game but I read that it was also coming to the Xbo and it would be a good addition to a huge library of great games.No doubt you probably read about that in EGM, who also said GCN has no online capabilities, and that Malice/Soul Calibur II are exclusive to Xbox. I'm not surprised one bit...:rolleyes:
Yes Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon is an adventure game being done by MS themselves.Yet you still say nothing about K-X; nevermind, I'll find out myself.
I am too lazy but if you want to stand corrected then go to teamxbox.com and then in the search box in the right hand corner (top) type in Doom 3 in the text and it should bring you to an interview with John Carmack and he DOES say there will be an Xbox and a PC version and they would graphically be identical only the Xbox versions levels would have to be broken into more levels due to lack of memory. This is no big deal to me, he also says there may be a Ps2 version but dosn't mention anything about the GC. If you want I will find it for you but it is late at the moment.TeamXbox.com? Don't make me laugh. This article and "quote" from John Carmack originated in ConsoleWire forums (I actually took the time you didn't take), who then posted as news. Wierder still, is that John Carmack is said to have "announced" Doom 3 to be in development for Xbox and PS2, when even the site that posted it didn't add the game to their archives. No other major site (IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy, GamePro, etc) have it listed either...Speaking of GameSpy, this is their take on the whole thing:
There was also news on id's plans in the console arena (pardon the pun). Carmack doesn't beleive that the PS2 is beefy enough to handle a port of DOOM, but the Xbox "is in the sweet spot" despite its relative lack of RAM. An Xbox port is likely.Likely. That's very far from straight up being "announced". And if what you say is true, the levels will have to be chopped anyway, even with the Xbox's "almighty hardrive", just as they would for PS2. Even wierder is that none of this is posted on the official Quakecon website, or any other Quakecon fansites. I too hope Doom 3 will make it to Xbox, but as of right now, it still isn't a certainty.

PD vs. Halo. Let me ask you this question and then I will leave this one alone and I don't want a reason I just want a simple yes or no answer.

Would you rather own Halo or PD?

Now this question.

Would you rather own Half Life or Halo? Mind you; I own and have found everything there is to find in all three games...

Halo or PD- Halo.

Halo or Half-Life- Depends. If you're talking of a console version, then Halo. If you're talking PC version, Half-Life, hands down.
I would rather own Halo then either of them; although ....blah, blah, opinion, opinion.... Since we're going there, know this: Halo 1.5 (or Halo PC/Mac, whatever you wanna call it), will be the true version of Halo. It will own PD in weapon selection and vs areas, and bots. It will have a better LAN/web experience than Xbox Halo/Half-Life. And if you don't believe that, you're living in a hole.

Simple fact is, while Halo is one of the best FPS's to date, it lacks many things older console FPS's made standard (Doom, 007, PD, Red Faction). Just because you love Halo doesn't mean you have to be blind to this fact. And that's what I've stated all along, and I've been admitting all the stuff you've been blabbing about before you even responded to my original post. Read it, and you'll see. But have you admitted to Halo's faults? I can, why can't you?