PDA

View Full Version : do any of you have to share your xbox?

Huckleberry
09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
i have two roommate in my apartment here in chicago. one is not into video games at all, although he does watch a lot of tv on my tv (he doesn't have one, and there's no dish network box for his room).

my other roommate love him some madden football, so there's a lot of times i get home and he's playing away on his franchise mode. come to think of it, he doesn't even play the games that much. he simulates them a lot so he can get to the draft and player development stuff. anyway, he bought the game, but has no other investment in the system. we get along really well, so it's not like i don't like the guy...we're great friends. it's just that he seems to get 50% of the playing time at no cost to him. in fact, i had to buy a new xbox about a month ago, and he said he'd take my old one and get the drive fixed. i told him no. i'm gonna do that and give it to a friend of mine that loves to play but is married w/a kid and doesn't have money to toss into an xbox.

just wondered if any of you deal with splitting time on your box.

Chewy
09-10-2004, 01:39 PM
I do a bit, but not exactly the same situation. I have two boxes, one that I loan out to one of my buddies, who just like yours just don't have the cash to pick himself up an Xbox. So I always have a backup box, but sometimes, I am missing the game that I really want to play. It has been loaned out with the other Xbox.

I have an idea Huck. You just make your buddy buy all the drinks for when you two sit down to play Xbox. You buy the system, he buys the beers. Sounds like a good trade to me.

Huckleberry
09-10-2004, 01:41 PM
hmmmm...i like the way you think, chewy.

visualizes guinness tapper installed on coffee table

Kraft
09-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Huck, where at do you live in Chicago? Might be moving up there in a year or so ;)

Huckleberry
09-10-2004, 02:19 PM
bucktown...it's a neighborhood about 2 miles nw of the loop. i have a friend that just moved down to st. louis. used to be one of our lan party players...real good guy. if you're ever looking for someone to xbox around w/down there, lemme know.

what for are you moving to our great city? and are you willing to leave those cardinals behind? we don't care about the blues...the hawks suck so hockey is a lost cause in this town.

severd hed
09-10-2004, 03:23 PM
im very lucky..i dont have to share mine with anyone..but i dont think i would deal well with it. or sharing the TV or anything like that. Once you get your own apartment and live by yourself a while..it is hard to imagine having to give that up. I dont know what i would do if i came home from work and didnt have full control over my projector.

LiquidX
09-10-2004, 03:54 PM
Ahhh, how I love being an only child. I dont have to share my Xbox with anyone. I play on a 60in. TV that is mainly used DVD watching and game playing so I almost always have it to myself. Good times... good times...

CRAYMAN
09-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Sounds like your roommate is a MOOOOOCHER.

SilverOak
09-10-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't share and as a matter of fact, I get very sensitive when my niece and nephew come over and want to play on Uncles Xbox! :watchout: My wife made some noise recently about wanting to play and I said great...we'll get you a Box downstairs just for you and Fable. :whistle:

Huckleberry
09-10-2004, 04:36 PM
yeah...i came home today to find that my roomie has now signed up for xbox live on my xbox.

LikShotz
09-10-2004, 11:27 PM
LOL. he took over ur xbox. period. and no i dont share. i used ot share **** not only xbox, i was to generous with my money. ***** ass people dont deserve it >:O

stormin4
09-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I share my Xbox with 3 people....................ME, MYSELF and I! He is a mooching SOB just like some of the roomates I have had. Sit down with him and ask him nicely to contribute a few bucks a month to the next Xbox that you will inevitably need (they wear and tear just like PC's!). Also, since it is your box, he must agree that he needs to yi9eld to you immediately when you want to play or else he needs to buy his own....and his own TV! If he can't live with that then find another ****ING roomate!

:cuss:

AmpedRider
09-11-2004, 09:13 AM
I split a launch box $200 for me $100 for my bro and seemed to not get enough xbox live time in wth him and the friends playing Fuzion Frenzy.....So I bought another one so I dont have to share.

SoundX
09-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Being an only child, Xbox is more of a brother to me. My friends never play my Xbox without me, so I'm not bothered. And always up for whooping them.

Yankeez
09-11-2004, 10:56 AM
i dont have to share the xbox, and i have 2 xboxes :)

Unreal
09-11-2004, 11:45 PM
I just wondered if any of you deal with splitting time on your box.
No, I don't split time with my Xbox. Mind you if I did have to, it wouldn't matter. I own 2 of them :D

Darkside
09-12-2004, 12:14 AM
My mom bought a second one because she was sick of my brother and me fighting of my xbox

AlphaRaptor
09-12-2004, 12:26 AM
I have to share mine with my older bro and younger bro. My older bro and me split costs though, as for the younger one....sppfft. He acts and plays like its his, gets pretty annoying with him. I forced him to buy his own controller because he's putting to much ware on ours heh.

ramprider0
09-12-2004, 04:21 AM
I used to have to share my N64 with like 4 other family members. It sucks when some people use your controllers and totally beat the living crap out 'em, then the joystick gets all loose and unresponsive!

Kortiz
09-12-2004, 09:53 AM
I have 1 xbox -- paid with my money. I share it with nobody. If I were living with a roommate - it would be cool, but when I want on -- it's my ****. ***** won't take my **** over. I'll kill him....and then **** his momma.

What? Just don't **** with my **** and you'll be aight.

MajorTom
09-12-2004, 10:43 AM
My mom bought a second one because she was sick of my brother and me fighting of my xbox
Woah. Your mom really needs to have more control over you. When ever I fought with my sister over our NES, she would pack it up and hide it somewhere up high where we couldn't reach it. We learned to get along real well after that.
But if your mom is going to be controlled that easily I suggest you take advantage of her and get as many free things that you can.

Huckleberry
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
I have 1 xbox -- paid with my money. I share it with nobody. If I were living with a roommate - it would be cool, but when I want on -- it's my ****. ***** won't take my **** over. I'll kill him....and then **** his momma.

What? Just don't **** with my **** and you'll be aight.

heh! i'll hire you out on contract...but leave his momma alone. i like her...

mattgame
09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Top Ten things I'd rather do than share my Xbox

10. Have sex with Rosie O'Donnell
9. Have sex with Rosie O'Donnell while Roseanne watches
8. Stick my tongue in a lions ass
7. Box Mike Tyson blindfolded
6. Vote for Kerry
5. Watch my wife cheat on me with Jean St. Jacques from the islands ;)
4. Dangle my love muscle in front of a starving alligator
3. Watch Lifetime for a week straight
2. Leave this site
and the number one thing I'd rather do than share my Xbox(drumroll please.................................................................................

1. I'd rather watch a sausage only, xba mod, greasy, and vaseline drenched orgy, than share my goddamn Xbox. Thank you.

batman46st
09-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh man one time one of my College football buddies stayed in my apt for about 6 months cause he had just moved to the city and well at the start it was awesome u know we partied gurls,beer,and xbox... well after like the 2nd month man my friend was already graving the first controler >:( i was getting a lil pisssst offf... but he just kept doing it (now u gotta understand im not an only child but i was the last child my parents had so growing up all my bros and sis where married) anyways one day i told him f dude stop hoging my damn box man.... we had some words and then he went out and walked took a breather he came back and we forgave each other and just played more....... the lesson is talk about it dont let it build up....

mattgame
09-14-2004, 09:39 PM
I would have stomped his ass to within an inch of his damn life! You're a better man than me.

Rochey69r
09-15-2004, 02:40 AM
i have 2 xbox's. both mine. dont mind sharing when ppl come over. system link is cool. xboxlive on my 56k isnt. :(

Reclaimer
09-15-2004, 04:43 AM
I don't have to share my 2 xboxes with anyone. But I do have to share the TV. You know, typical married life. I want to play, she wants to watch Dr. Phil. Then my son wants to watch his Blues Clues DVD for the kabillionth time. Then it's something going on. But I work 3 day duty rotations so I'm never home. But I try to spend every moment I can with my son. But something happens relating to homeland security and I get called in. Then something else happens.
So I have 2 xboxes I don't share, but finding time to play.. well, that's another story.
Usually late at night after I put my son to bed after everyone on my friends list on XBL is ready to leave for the night.

J-Gatherz
09-15-2004, 06:23 PM
i dont have ta share ma 2 xboxes but i gave one away so i aint trippin cuz ma old one wuz trippin so i jus bought a new one

Highlite23
09-16-2004, 07:39 AM
1. I'd rather watch a sausage only, xba mod, greasy, and vaseline drenched orgy, than share my goddamn Xbox. Thank you.

Uh....who leaked the info about that orgy? :eek: