PDA

View Full Version : So whats next?

Kraft
09-13-2004, 10:52 PM
So for a few years now we've had Project Ego/Fable and Halo 2 to wet our appetites for upcoming Xbox blockbusters... but now they are both coming out. So what will we have to drool and salivate over once we own those? I can't believe MS would leave us with nothing to oogle over until May when E3 hits...

No Fear 23
09-13-2004, 11:40 PM
halo 3. nuff said

or I'm sure bungie will make a whole new fps similar to halo..

but halo 2 will hold alot of ppl for years.

Kraft
09-13-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm sure it will... but there should always be that 'something on the horizon' as we all know the gaming industry run half on reputation of current games and half on hype of upcoming games.

RockTheCasba
09-13-2004, 11:51 PM
man ur right. i havnt heard of any huge undertaking. e3 could be kinda boring

Kraft
09-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, with Xbox 2 and the PS3 coming up at e3 I'm assuming it's not going to be boring... but what about the next big thing! If MS is leaving a hype lapse between the months of Dec. till May then they can expect a lot of people to concentrate more on their other consoles.

RockTheCasba
09-13-2004, 11:57 PM
yeah they could have a huge lapse(i think thats how u spell it) in sales.

Reclaimer
09-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Isn't Half Life 2 still "purportedly" coming to the Xbox?
What about Doom3, Far Cry, KOTOR2, Jade Empire, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory?
Oh, and theres Mech Assault Lone Wolf too.

Those could be the post Halo2-Fable games to look forward to.

Chr0nik
09-14-2004, 12:02 AM
WWF RAW 3 :rofl:

Kraft
09-14-2004, 12:04 AM
I mean, while most of those games sound good (sans a MA sequel) do any of those catch you the way halo 2 and fable did? Doom 3 is fun and all, but PC version is already out and most people who want to play it already have. Same for far cry, and from what I have heard the gameplay isn't anything outstanding. Half-Life 2 is going to suffer from the same complex, as it will be PC released first most likely. Kotor 2 and Jade Empire look kinda cool, but are having to deal with Fable's RPG limelight right now. And while Ubi has been making great SC games, its been knocking them out like babies in a trailer park. The modern day Bond-empire is living proof that you can have too much of a successful formulae.

I don't mean to be negative about that list Reclaimer as I am excited about some of those upcoming titles on the box. But Fable excited? Halo 2 excited?

Ghost
09-14-2004, 12:22 AM
lol all i can say is wait for something unecpected. (fortune cookie)

Reclaimer
09-14-2004, 12:49 AM
I mean, while most of those games sound good (sans a MA sequel) do any of those catch you the way halo 2 and fable did? Doom 3 is fun and all, but PC version is already out and most people who want to play it already have. Same for far cry, and from what I have heard the gameplay isn't anything outstanding. Half-Life 2 is going to suffer from the same complex, as it will be PC released first most likely. Kotor 2 and Jade Empire look kinda cool, but are having to deal with Fable's RPG limelight right now. And while Ubi has been making great SC games, its been knocking them out like babies in a trailer park. The modern day Bond-empire is living proof that you can have too much of a successful formulae.

I don't mean to be negative about that list Reclaimer as I am excited about some of those upcoming titles on the box. But Fable excited? Halo 2 excited?

It's OK, I'm just going to go and cry in the corner now.

X-Factor
09-14-2004, 02:08 AM
Kameo
KOTOR II
Jade Empire
Dead or Alive 4
Conker
Perfect Dark Zero
Psychonauts

Sigma
09-14-2004, 07:29 AM
WWF RAW 3 :rofl:
There will not be a RAW 3. Instead the Xbox is getting WWE Wrestlemania 21.

I will be looking forward to Jade Empire myself along with some other games, but aside from Halo 2 and Fable (which is out today in some places) Jade Empire takes the top spot on my anticipation list.

SilverOak
09-14-2004, 07:47 AM
probably not as exciting for many as it will be for me, but Links '05 is one I'm looking forward to. :)

Shadow20002
09-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Dead or Alive 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
B.C.

Cold_As_Ice
09-14-2004, 08:14 AM
- Quake 4
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Counter Strike: Source
- Killer Instinct
- Deus Ex Remake/3
- Splinter Cell 4: [Insert Subtitle Here]
- Banjo Kazooie 3
- Unreal MMOFPS

All launch titles for XBox 2. This is my dream.

Jamo
09-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Any DOA game
KOTOR2
They'll come up with something what about Shenmue 3 whatever happened to that. I WANT MY SHENMUE 3 SEGA!!! :cuss:
There wil be omething.

severd hed
09-14-2004, 09:06 AM
what does it matter if there isnt some giant hyped game coming out shortly after Halo 2? there are still lots of great games on the way. Sure, fans of doom have already played doom 3...but with the coop mode exclusive to xbox..that gets me very excited. I was more excited about doom 3 than Halo 2 anyway. and I couldnt care less about Fable. Hype just leads to dissapointment...there are so many great games on the way..why worry about hype. Sure, I am excited about Halo 2...but i am almost as excited about many of the other games coming out. I havent played Far Cry yet..so i am looking forward to teh xbox version.

Prince of Persia 2
BloodRayne 2
Outlaw Golf 2
DOA ultimate
Doom 3
Far Cry Instincts
Half Life 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Mortal Kombat Deception
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Super Monkey Ball DX

and many others

TheWheelMan
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
yea i could care less if there isnt going to be some big hyped game coming out after the blockbusters strike i mean i still need to catch up on soo many games ive missed out on and with doom 3 and half like 2 and everything i dont have the powerhouse of a computer to run those so the xbox is the runner up to playing them

Duke
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
I hear ya Kraft, but I think there are exciting titles coming up. Certainly not as much so as Halo2 or Fable, but think about how long we've been waiting for those. There isn't enough time in the life of this cycle to pull a new one out now.

Shoua
09-14-2004, 11:25 AM
They'll come up with something what about Shenmue 3 whatever happened to that. I WANT MY SHENMUE 3 SEGA!!! :cuss:

There is a new Shenmue game on the way called Shenmue Online and so far it looks like it is just for PC. I watched the trailer for it, it does look interesting.

batman46st
09-14-2004, 11:52 AM
i totaly understand u kraft and u do have a point with halo 2 being release and fable. Whats next well if we know mr xbox he always has some friggin thing up his sleeve i for once dont wanna know but man if i had it my way...
Final fantasy joins xbox (starting from 7 of course)
Zelda Joins xbox
marvel vs capcom vs mk
those are my dream games.
as for gamez after halo n fable none really after fabel im just gonna get mk doa worms doom. then after that comes halo 2 and lord knows with the online capability i will be taking my time with that.

Flood
09-14-2004, 03:30 PM
BC.....i think once thats on the horizon that people will be going crazy

mattgame
09-14-2004, 08:15 PM
MS is going to blow us away when they launch the next console I'm sure. Until then, we have more than enough to keep us busy. Mechassault Lone wolf, Doom 3, and Splinter Cell 3 to name a few. :cheers: