PDA

View Full Version : Please I need YOUR opinions Lol

nikolas 26
01-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Ok, I live in the UK and wont get the pleasure of having the X-Box until March 14, bad i know so all your americans over the sea please help me out on the following:

1. Can anyone give me their opinion on the joypad, i believe this can be the decision factor on a console. Is it too big, heavy, small (ok not likely) but button placement etc

2. Does the whole emergency cable connection work where if you knock the wire it splits in between rather than drag your console on the floor ( yes that cost me £200 pound once )

Thanx if anyone replies:p

mattcoxonline
01-27-2002, 01:14 PM
1] I live in the UK too but can tell you that the controller at first does seem crap. But spend about ten mins with it and it moulds into your hands. The analogue sticks are the best I have held...perfect for Halo!

2] And yes - it works!
But you wouldn't need it anyway. The weight of the Xbox would keep it on the table and just trip you up!! http://www.futureforums.co.uk/edge/icon_smile_big.gif (j/k)

gula
01-27-2002, 01:28 PM
1) Yes, it does look pretty big in a picture. But once you hold it and get used to it, it will be one of the best controllers you've ever held.

2) Yes, it works.

By the way, I live in the US.... *pets his XBox* Muahahahah ;)

Bundy
01-27-2002, 01:31 PM
the controller is hands down the best controller i have ever used. Before i got my system i worried that it would be to big, as i don't have the biggest hands, but it fits me like a glove. Even my wife has commented how well it fits her hands.

The breakaway cord was a great idea. I have seen it save a console twice. Once, my buddies nephew was running around and ran right though a few cords.. they just popped off and the console didn't move. The other time was me and a few buddies were throwing a few back, somebody got to tipsy and tripped on the cord.. once again it worked flawlessly.

Well done Microsoft.

nikolas 26
01-27-2002, 01:33 PM
The x-box is big the controller, but i love heavy joypads, are they good for playing FPS because i know the PS2 joypad sucked for red faction. OK im not slaggin the PS2 off in the wrong forum just a general discussion ::D

Azazel
01-27-2002, 01:50 PM
I dont care too much for the joypads. I think its all about the Dreamcast controller. That was my favorite

Hugh_Jass
01-27-2002, 06:13 PM
I love the XBOX controller. It instantly felt natural. I just wish it had a longer cord. Another 3' would be nice.

I've "used" the breakaway feature once. It worked like a charm and averted a coronary incident.