PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed in Guilty Gear X2.

ThaWatcher
09-16-2004, 07:57 AM
I pre-ordered the game due to all of the high 8's and low 9's that it was getting in OXM, EGM etc. OXM listed this game as one of the "must have" games in the back of the mag. N-e-way, I picked up the game yesterday, went home and played it---it literally looks like a sega genesis game....The graphics could be better (the graphics on Capcom vs. SNK are way better) and the game play is slow and choppy. I haven't gone online with it yet....Anyone else play this game?

Jamo
09-16-2004, 09:35 AM
I do and I love it!! Have to be mstaken about the grphics. The backgrounds could've been btter yes but the Character models are much beter and a lot more clean han he others trust me. I hade the others Capcom vs. SNK and Marverl Vs. Capcom. I just got thrugh playing it online and I love it!

severd hed
09-16-2004, 02:25 PM
i picked it up last night..due to the hype surrounding it.(and i wanted a 2d fighter)...but i am not really impressed. graphics dont bother me, although they could have been much better.. the overall style of the game is weird. alot of the character models are ridiculous (whats up with that guy with the bag on his head?) it also isnt very easy to pick up and play like alot of other games. special moves are hard to come by...and i dont really understand the meaning of the Dust button.

also, there are all of these different meters for everything...it is overly complicated.

plus, with the graphical style...the characters really blend into the background alot..making it hard to really see what is going on. then there is the ridiculous character design. like the guy with the pool cue for a weapon...or that little girl that has a boat anchor and hits you with dolphins. its retarded.

at least it was only $20..or i would be upset that i bought it. for this game getting all this attention and everyone saying how great it is...it sure is just kinda average.

mrmp3
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Yea I personally think it plays like the PS2 version. The backgrounds look identically crappy though I think the character models look a bit sharper than it's PS2 counterpart. I've yet to touch online play though, so I couldn't tell yah.

I'm personally waiting for the Street Fighter anniversary collection. That's gonna be off the hook.

severd hed
09-17-2004, 07:25 AM
yeah, i am also looking forward to the street fighter anniversary collection. as well as midway arcade treasures two , to get the Mortal Kombat Games

StudioAlex
09-18-2004, 09:49 PM
This game rules. Too bad you don't like it.

JJaX
09-19-2004, 10:29 AM
i picked it up last night..due to the hype surrounding it.(and i wanted a 2d fighter)...but i am not really impressed. graphics dont bother me, although they could have been much better.. the overall style of the game is weird. alot of the character models are ridiculous (whats up with that guy with the bag on his head?) it also isnt very easy to pick up and play like alot of other games. special moves are hard to come by...and i dont really understand the meaning of the Dust button.

also, there are all of these different meters for everything...it is overly complicated.

plus, with the graphical style...the characters really blend into the background alot..making it hard to really see what is going on. then there is the ridiculous character design. like the guy with the pool cue for a weapon...or that little girl that has a boat anchor and hits you with dolphins. its retarded.

at least it was only $20..or i would be upset that i bought it. for this game getting all this attention and everyone saying how great it is...it sure is just kinda average.

Read the damn manual you wank.

Its a shame when people bash a game because their lack of understanding....

Dyslexic Chaos
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Read the damn manual you wank.

Its a shame when people bash a game because their lack of understanding....

A-f'ing men brother...

It's a shame that people are bashing this game because, pretty much, it isn't Street Fighter. If you read the manual, try and learn the intricacies (sp?) and PRACTICE ie: give it a shot, you'll find it's far superior in most cases. BTW, the graphics blow the shat out of any Street Fighter/vs. game so far, very crisp and I like the character models. Besides, it's not like street fighter doesnt have some crazy ass characters (blanka anyone?). Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT hating on SF, I love it as well, and am getting it the day it comes out (SFII online, BOOYAAAAAAAAA), but sometimes you need a change of pace. GGX2 ain't for everyone, it's a very fast paced game, but if you take the time, I think you'll really enjoy it's style and fighting mechanics.

severd hed
09-20-2004, 10:59 AM
i did read the manual..i just wasnt impressed with the game. i dont really care for the graphical style of it, and the character design just sucks. it is not a horible game..i just dont think it lives up to the hype. I was expecting this awesome fighting experience, with really cool characters, and decent graphics. what i got is a rather bizarre game, with even stranger characters that are just ridiculous, and graphics that all tend to blend together.