PDA

View Full Version : love the game hate the cd manufactures

batman46st
09-16-2004, 08:32 AM
MY FABLE IS TELLING ME MY DISK IS DAMAGED!!! :huh: i love this game im in like darkwoods trying to save two idiots so i can get some change to buy some bling bling but guess wat pops up UR F*ING DISK IS DAMAGED OR DIRTY oh im going back today to gamecrazy and telling them :argue1: this f*ing game dont work. :cuss:

SoundX
09-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Check the disk, if it's not scratched badly then it's most probably something else, like a dustry thompson drive :p

Shadow20002
09-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I have a thompson's drive, working perfectly for me.

severd hed
09-16-2004, 02:29 PM
not all Thompson drives are bad..but if the disk looks clean..then it probably isnt a problem with the disc..it is more than likely an xbox issue

Casper
09-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Clean the laser in your drive - if the warranty is expired on it, open that bad boy up and use a can of compressed air (or a compressor) to blow it out. Also, I use Q-tips to clean the laser itself and it always fixes the problems.

Shadow20002
09-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Cleaning the laser in the Xbox first then.

Bakeman
09-16-2004, 06:07 PM
yeah I've gotten more DDE's on Fable then all my games put together.
Funny how I can play ESPN NFL 2k5 for about 8 hours straight without a problem. But just 1 hour in Fable and I get one.

Chr0nik
09-16-2004, 06:28 PM
This game is starting to sound like another Morrowind.

Casper
09-16-2004, 06:33 PM
This game is starting to sound like another Morrowind.
Most likely because both (plus KOTOR) are hard drive intensive, so it needs to have the DVD read time and hard drive read/write time as high as possible and dust or a dirty lens in between will give you those errors.

batman46st
09-16-2004, 09:53 PM
hey guys i went over to game crazy dude said "well we need to see if it freezes and i knew it wasnt my box because of the warranty situation i called xbox and they said that they can give me an exchange before the warranty runes out just so i wouldnt have a problem anyways i knew they where gonna do that so i save my progress in a msu plus took my digi cam recorded me playing and then it saying wat it sais and well no dough in less then 10 mins bam blah blah blah ur disk is messed up...... any who i got my copy seems to be working right for now its been 2 hours since ive been playing..... guys dont let my story discorage anyone on buying this its such a good game morrowind does not compare to this game at all morrowind was just bad but this game so far is very very well made i mean the things ur able to do leave the story change the story its truly awesome 9.5 it gets from me. id give it a ten but ummm the frames scare the hell out of me lol when it takes its time

batman46st
09-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Clean the laser in your drive - if the warranty is expired on it, open that bad boy up and use a can of compressed air (or a compressor) to blow it out. Also, I use Q-tips to clean the laser itself and it always fixes the problems.
casper how do u open an xbox?? :huh:

Casper
09-17-2004, 07:36 AM
casper how do u open an xbox?? :huh:
You're still under warranty, just send it to MS and get it fixed, don't void your warranty when they will fix it for you for free.

If you really want to, remove the little rubber 'feet' or pads under the Xbox to get to the screws.

Spaztic
09-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Here is a tutorial to open your xbox, I wouldn't reccommend it though becuase it does void the warrenty. I haven't had a problem with dde's and fable....

Shadow20002
09-17-2004, 10:18 AM
Sometime graphics get choppy....but it's okie...

batman46st
09-17-2004, 07:10 PM
i couldnt do it i couldnt open it, i rather get a new one but i did however take some of caspers advice i bought a can of compressed air and just open up the cd drive blew a few around got a mini chip vac used for computers cleaned the inside out. so far ive been playing fable for about 5 8 hours and well not one pop up.

FuNkY mOnK
09-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey Batman are you related to Leo?... Oh, never mind.

David Luckey
09-19-2004, 12:06 AM
I got my Fable from Best Buy ($5 off ^_^) the other night.
Havn't had one single DDE. but, the case (by the barcode on the back) says 'made in mexico' (I don't know why that is a but)
I have a problemb with my controller ports (1+2, the ones that get used alot by me and my bro, plugging and unplugging the controllers like 2x every day)
If you don't have the end plugged in -just- right, it says 'controller disconnected'
I got it in Jan of 03, it has a thompson-I have only gotten 1 DDE, ever. Like the beginning of this year.
I don't know if it is still under warranty. (hope it is)
I like to use these () things (if you can't tell)
I beat fable, it is so awesome. I only did the main quest right through. I have one bad-blam- character

Variation-XBA
09-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey Batman are you related to Leo?... Oh, never mind.

ROFL....oh man...

Anyways.... I got a launch day Thompson and I've not had a problem with Fable once, other than not having enough time to play >_<

Brutus
09-20-2004, 06:40 PM
MY FABLE IS TELLING ME MY DISK IS DAMAGED!!! :huh: i love this game im in like darkwoods trying to save two idiots so i can get some change to buy some bling bling but guess wat pops up UR F*ING DISK IS DAMAGED OR DIRTY oh im going back today to gamecrazy and telling them :argue1: this f*ing game dont work. :cuss:
Man. I had that same problem. Kind of like how it would work with some disks & not others... It did that until I swapped the DVD-drives. Now mine runs like a champ! :cheers:

batman46st
09-20-2004, 09:29 PM
I am not skilled how the hell do u swap the cd drive i am the biggest sissy when u tell me to open my box but i did the cleaning thing and it works fine although sometimes i get scared on the load now i just save everything

Brutus
09-21-2004, 09:25 AM
I am not skilled how the hell do u swap the cd drive i am the biggest sissy when u tell me to open my box but i did the cleaning thing and it works fine although sometimes i get scared on the load now i just save everything

That's a shame, dog, because it's just as easy as Lego's! I could even teach my little brother to do it. But, oh well. I hope it works out for you. But if it doesn't, I can tell you step by step procedures on where to get replacements & directions on how to swap it out.

Mine did that same thing. It was a complete Crap-Shoot for it trying to load certain games, but other's were fine. Cleaning it seamed to work a little bit, but the game DVD drive itself was pretty much just "Going". But yeah, pop the top, Unplug the drive & you're done!

If you see anything start to slowly get worse though, & you've got a Thomson, then you should consider losing the old Inferior Thomson Laser.

batman46st
09-21-2004, 09:47 AM
show me the tutorial on that, im thinking about diong it cause the game really lags up

Brutus
09-21-2004, 12:35 PM
show me the tutorial on that, im thinking about diong it cause the game really lags up
First off. You have to find a replacement drive.
This TGM 600 is the exact same drive from Thomson that Microsoft uses. This way you don't have to Modify anything. It's a straight up swap! No Soldering, or anything. You unplug the Power Cable & the Ribbon & then you plug the new one in!
One more second; Here's the process:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/xbox_dvd_repair.htm
Yes, it's probably your drive. Do this:
http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/crack_open_that_xbox.htm
Take it only to step 5. There's no reason for you to go any further than that. THat'll show you how to get it out. After that, you simply plug in your new one.
(Courtesy of Llama.com)
But basically, you need to get one of the 3 supported Xbox DVD Drives (U Won't have to modify anything that way & your LIVE account will still be legit) & get it, then the 15 minute procedure & it's like you just bought a brand-new Xbox with all of your old saves on it!!! ;)
Just remember that it's a sinch & if you find yourself having to force any plastic pieces or wires, just stop & double check everything & you'll realize it all just slips right off.
Good luck & happy gaming! Let me know if you got any questions! :cool:

batman46st
09-22-2004, 07:54 PM
brutus success ive cleaned it hehehee to test it i left it on for 6 hours today while my cousin played he said to me not one lag not one freeze not one freaking durty thingy pop up thank you friend

Brutus
09-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Cool, Batman. I'm glad that worked out for you. I guess the directions are here for whoever needs it.
I know I did. Mine was a crap shoot.
For Example: I'd be sitting there playing a sports game or something & I'd let it sit idled while paused & then coming back, it just would've had stoppped reading the disc!
I had a nightmare thomson... Which is wierd because it ran great for around 2 years. & not only two years but a WHOOOOOOOOLE lot of hours.
So if your's is fine, awesome! Happy Gaming! :cheers: