PDA

View Full Version : Is WWF Raw really all that?

XBA Staff
01-27-2002, 04:36 PM
I am a fan of this game and I will get it on release day but is this game really all that? I'm not saying that SDJBI and Wrestlemania 8X will be better but WWF Raw does miss alot of key features.

WWF Raw does feature things that no other WWF/WCW/ECW game has every had and that includes a deep CAW feature and realistic wrestler entrances with real pryotecnics.

But WWF Raw is missing things that SDJBI and W8X will have and that's multiple arenas like Smackdown, Wrestlemania, and Royal Rumble whereas WWF Raw just has the Raw arena. WWF Raw is also missing a Career mode and all types of matches that SDJBI has and W8X will have.

Also THQ has said that WWF Raw will have a backstage area but we have not yet seen any pics of the backstage. Also they said you can fight in the crowd and we have not yet seen pics of that as well.

Now I bring up the question: Is THQ getting lazy with WWF Raw? I mean the WCW/ECW invasion has happened way since before teh Xbox launch and THQ has had plenty time to add those WCW/ECW wrestlers in because they have delayed this game numorous times. But THQ still keeps saying that they won't have those wrestlers in. Now that's just plain dumb because THQ has had plenty of time to get those people in there. Also they need other arenas besides the Raw arena like, Smackdown, Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Wrestlemania, and Summerslam....just like Wrestlemania and No Mercy had for the 64.

Also another key feature that SDJBI and W8X has and WWF Raw doesn't have is a Create a PPV feature. WWF Raw is also missing that as well.

Now I bring up the second question: If THQ won't add new wrestlers, new match types and features like PPV, a career mode, and new arenas...then why the hell do they keep delaying the game? I mean what are they actually doing when they delay it because they still haven't added anything new!?

Hell they can delay this game til August 20th and they still will say the same crap over "We won't have the people from th WCW/ECW invasion".

Now I bring up my third question: Is it because THQ can't or doesn't have the time to add these features or is it just that THQ doesn't WANT to add these features?

Hell I like this game and I can't wait for it but I bring up my fourth and final question: Is WWF Raw really all that knowing that it will be missing out on a major portion of things? Unlike SDJBI and W8X!?

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Ok, first off, career mode in wrestling games has been known to suck. Who cares.

Second, who is really going to make an entire PPV and sit there and play the whole thing? Who cares.

Third, THQ and Anchor are keeping ALOT of secrets from us, and I'm sure that you will be able to fight in the crowd and backstage, considering than every advertisment for the game clearly states so.

Fourth, i'm sure there will be more than one arena...have you played the game yet? I havent either, so who can say for sure? Nobody. That's how rumors spread.

Just be glad that Anchor is making the game and Pukes isn't. :p

DT21
01-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Raw probably won't be all that but you can bet many will be spending lots of hours into this game and have loads of fun. This game should be good enough until the next Raw comes out:).

XBA Staff
01-27-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by BiohazardEHW
Ok, first off, career mode in wrestling games has been known to suck. Who cares.

Second, who is really going to make an entire PPV and sit there and play the whole thing? Who cares.

Third, THQ and Anchor are keeping ALOT of secrets from us, and I'm sure that you will be able to fight in the crowd and backstage, considering than every advertisment for the game clearly states so.

Fourth, i'm sure there will be more than one arena...have you played the game yet? I havent either, so who can say for sure? Nobody. That's how rumors spread.

Just be glad that Anchor is making the game and Pukes isn't. :p

1. The reason why past career/season mode in WWF/WCW games have sucked is because the developers made them suck. If THQ/Anchor want to make a statement and make WWF Raw be the first game to have a successful career mode then they can do it. Just make it longer, make their be more paths to take, add a deeper storyline. Also don't let make it be like you just win 5 straight matches and you have a title shot...I mean make it where you have to when like 20 matches before you can get a title shot. Also make it seem like a RPG. First you start off as a nobody fighting on Heat and Jakked and if you win more matches you'll get known and head to Smackdown and Raw.

So Career modes can be a major part of wrestling games but devolopers just don't want to spend the time on them.

2. Also PPV mode may seem like it isn't all that but lets just say you are having a sleep over with like 6 other friends. And you all want to play WWF Raw with your Created wrestlers. So you all can create yalls own PPV matches and you all can have one person being the Champion and you all do PPV matches to work your way up to him. And not everyone is going to have 6 friends over at sleep over but just remember...just because you may think it sucks doesn't mean 1,000,000 others will think the same way ;).

3. Well that's the main problem. THQ/Anchor needs to stop playing guessing games with us and making us hang on the edge of our seats with these kiddy secrets. Just SDJBI and W8X and tell us everything that will be in the game and everything that won't be in the game. So why does THQ/Anchor have to be so difficult? That's how us gamers get scrwed because we buy a game and expect something to be in and we find out that it isn't in it. THQ/Anchor is just saying that their will be secrets so that we all will buy the game hoping that what we wish for will be in there. But I know someone that writes for a gaming magazine and he has the Final Version of WWF Raw and he told me that the only arena they have is the Raw arena. Also he said that he hasn't found any so-called secrets.

4. Like stated above...the only arena there will be is the Raw one.

Anything else?

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 06:00 PM

There will be surprises and secrets, big surprises.

create a pay-per-view is awsome because i make up my own new never heard of storylines that make sense.

they keep delaying it because there adding more stuff in , theX-BOX is to pwerfull for them to tkae things out.

Everyone who sais they have a final version of raw are lighing out their @$$ because hey all say it has different stuff.

THQ said it them selves as well as ANCHOR this is just the stepping stone meaning this is nearly the beggining and are already making scales for the next RAW.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE BIGGUY SAID SO

WHAT??

BECAUSE I'M RIGHT.

WHAT??

THATS WHAT HE SAID.
:cool:

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Wrestling dosent revolve around storylines...but stupid äss WWF crap does...so thats not wrestling...NJPW is wrestling...Toryumon is wrestling...but RAW is a wrestling game...and it dosent need storylines.

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 07:58 PM
well kind of but storylines add more fun and are funny.:)

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:04 PM
It dosent matter what they add, not one gimmick has ever amused me. Only a small child would be amused by the constant repetition of the word 'What'. The only people who need gimmicks to be good are those who have no talent to fall back on.

Infinite
01-27-2002, 08:12 PM
with the exception of y2j and HHH :)

Bio dont hate on hhh. He may not be a excellent wrestler. but when you heard his promos againt cactus jack a year ago with his carrer on the line in that hiac match. I know you got goosebumps:)

when hhh comes out its the most electrifying entro in all wrestling. the lights the water spit the agry face the walk the lights.everything is perfect.

And HHH gives more than 100% of his passion to the bussiness. not he may not be as talented as hayabusa was till he got injured:(

but HHH is one of those only guys I can stand to listen to a promo from and his matches arnt that bad because he will take punishment and play it off good

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 08:22 PM
ORRIGINALLY POSTED BY BIOHAZARD

It dosent matter what they add, not one gimmick has ever amused me. Only a small child would be amused by the constant repetition of the word 'What'. The only people who need gimmicks to be good are those who have no talent to fall back on.

I'm sick of you pokeing fun at the WWF,if you don't like it than don't wacth it, and don't play, or wacth the game.

Maybe your jealous cause you know the WWF is more entertaining and, and more fun than the stuff you wacth.

Maybe your jealous because your brand isn't as succesfull.

And the WWF is wrestling scripted or not, storylines or not.

So stop pokeing fun at the WWF because I
know your jealous.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You dumb son of a b!cthhttp://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:23 PM
No no no, Triple H is horrible. So is his name, but lets get one to more important things...his matches are all the same, he can't sell for crap, his hands must hurt from blocking all those chairshots, his promo's are nothing more but laughable, and he adds a soap-opera like feeling to the WWF, which shouldnt even be mentioned with wrestling. He knows 3 moves and only uses 2 of them, both suck by the way, his entrance is pretty dumb, he stands there and raises his arms and spits up like a little baby, a little baby that's afraid to get hurt.

I could go on all day, but I know I made my point clear...Triple H has no wrestling talent and his soap-opera bull***** is stupid.

Ninja Scroll
01-27-2002, 08:28 PM
I agree with everything biohazard said in all his post until he gets on the NJPW thing. Dude, will you please cut that mess out! The thread does not have anything to do with NJPW. I for one know that NJPW is da better federation than WWF, but no one cares to debate with you on a topic that should be discusted in it's own thread.

anyways, I could wine & cry about RAW not having the WCW/ECW wrestlers or all the arena, matches, ect.
But why? It's not gonna do me any good.
Like Biohazard said, until you play the game, dont pre judge it!

Im getting a KiddyCube anyways, so i'll be scooping up Wrestlemania 18 anyways.

This RAW crying stuff is starting to remind me of everyone that is pooping their diapers for GTA3! :rolleyes:
I see like 15 threads a week fussing over GTA3 not making it to Xbox!
geeeeeeeez, just relax fellas!
Im not mad about this thread or the GTA3 ones. Im just saying it's getting out of hand! :rolleyes:

On that note: im getting RAW on the day it's released and will be happy with my purchase, period.
:)

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by bigguy316
ORRIGINALLY POSTED BY BIOHAZARD

I'm sick of you pokeing fun at the WWF,if you don't like it than don't wacth it, and don't play, or wacth the game.

Maybe your jealous cause you know the WWF is more entertaining and, and more fun than the stuff you wac

Maybe your jealous because your brand isn't as succesfull.

And the WWF is wrestleing scripted or not, storylines or not.\

So stop pokeing fun at the WWF because i
know your jealous.

Oh yeah, im jealous. Jealous of what? I dont own any wrestling federations, so what do I care? My favorite wrestling federation is New Japan Pro Wrestling, the most successful wrestling company in Japan, and they NEVER have gimmicks, they rely on the action packed matches to please the fans. If the title belt isnt worth fighting over, then I guess spille coffee is in the WWF :rolleyes:

Personally, I like alot of things that are underground and not mainstream. Music for an example. When a band gets big, they chage their music inexchange for a bigger paycheck...and that's called selling out. I'm not into that crap. Bands like Iced Earth and Slayer...they never sold out...and that's what I call good music and respectable musicians, who are loyal to the fans and dont care about what other bands are playing.

Anyway, I dont watch WWF, but that does not exempt me from freely expressing my opinion. I will play the game because it has a CAW mode and I would never play as some no-talent bums that pull moves off that they probably dont even know the name of in real life.

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 08:29 PM
biohazard you stupid bottom feading trashbag B!CTH.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WACTH IT YOU JEALOUS IDIOT.

YOU MUST HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BASH WWF.

DON'T FORGET IF IT WEARN'T FOR THE WWF AND WCW THAN WRESTLING WOULD BE OVER, IT WOULD BE LIKE IT NEVER EXSISTED.
:mad:

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:32 PM
Humm, I guess when people run out of things to say, they resort to flaming on this board...

anway, I dont watch it, because I dont feel like boring myself to death.

and about WWF/WCW not existing, yadda yadda yadda...yeah, same with if the Beatles were never around, music itself would be done for...right :rolleyes:

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 08:37 PM
YUP UR **** RT DON'T EVEN BRING UP OR TALK OR CHANT OR WHISPER THE WWF OR WCW.

ALL YOU DO IS TALK **** ABOUT IT. YOU KNOW YOUR JEALOUS.

WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE A WRESTLER BUT YOUR 4 FOOT 6 100 POUNDS, WHAT IS IT

DON'T ACT CALM COOL COLLECTED.

I KNOW YOUR ****ED AT ME.

THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR TH WWF AND WCW BUT YOU DON'T EVEN DO THAT.

COWARD.

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Coward? Show respect? How about you show me a little respect first and show me how it's done instead of ranting and raving like the little girl. Hit your Caps Lock key and calm down. I can say what ever the ***** I want to and you can do all you want to try and stop me...but never tell me what to do...

And I am by no means pîssed at you, i'm actually laughing at your ignorant, immature child-like remarks about my height and weight...can't you possibly think of something better? Why dont you ask Vince McMahon and he'll tell you to get the new nWo after me :) LOL

Ninja Scroll
01-27-2002, 08:46 PM
D@mn Biohazard, you pretty much ruined this thread :(
Not that I cared for it or anything but going off the actual topic is not fair to the person who made this thread for the reasons other than what you are debating about.
Please stop doing this un-neccassary crap!
If you want to debate go to the debte forums.
Xbox Discussion is not the place for all the bs flaming.

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:48 PM
I ruined this thread? I guess I was the one who resorted to flaming a few posts back...yeah...i sure runied alot...:rolleyes: I guess it's not a good thing to give my opinion here...

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 08:52 PM
I appoligise for being unfair, but biohazard has to show some respect. OR PEOPLE WHO PUT THERE BODIES ON THE LINE EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK.

THAT GOES FOR EVERY PERSON WHO HAS A PHYSICAL JOB, THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AND THEY DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE THE BIGGUY SAID SO.

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:55 PM
Apoligy accepted...but...

I dont think that the WWF is a good example if your talking about people who put their lives at stake...have you ever watched a BJPW or FMW Match? WWF is afraid to even do a piledriver, and those Japanese guys drop eachother on their heads all the time...THEY need the respect if anyone does.

bigguy316
01-27-2002, 09:02 PM
I AGREE...(now im shouting) but just remeber wht happened to Owen Hart.

And when Stone cold was paralized, he may not have been dead but he would't be able to do much and probraly would want to be dead.

Thank God he recoverd, these people have to be really devoted to their wrestling , because it's mentally and physically challenging.

and thats all i have to say about that.

and TYRELL-XBA -THIS GAME WWF: RAW WILL BE GREAT.

BiohazardEHW
01-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bigguy316
I AGREE...(now im shouting) but just remeber wht happened to Owen Hart.

Yes, let's not forget that Owen died because of a stunt, a stunt for a gimmick and that had nothing to do with any type of wrestling at all...

bigguy316
01-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Stop, i'm tired of arguing it's going nowhere lets post stuff that we usually agree on X-BOX.

gula
01-28-2002, 07:44 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Waits for the stupid ass ****er heartsxcarved to post...:mad: :mad: :mad:

BiohazardEHW
01-28-2002, 10:26 PM
*waits for the stupid ass ****er heartsxcarved to get shot in the head*