PDA

View Full Version : Selecting a Spouse

selowitch
09-17-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm very curious how the whole courtship, love, and marriage thing works in Fable. I can see that flirting, pumping your arm in manly fashion, and giving gifts can increase a target's love for you (indicated by the size of the pink heart floating over their heads --- nice touch).

I'm assuming/guessing that once the target gets a big enough heart (man or woman), you can give him/her a wedding ring and that leads to a marriage. I haven't tried it yet.

This makes me curious: How choosy need one by in picking a spouse? Does it make a difference in the game? Are their political alliances to be cemented? Are some women more fertile than others?

Oh, and a comment: the emphasis on sophomoric bodily functions is a little annoying. I don't know about you folks, but I graduated from fourth grade in 1979!

Dirty DeStrO
09-17-2004, 11:04 AM
I have about 8 girls in Bowerstone South in love with me right now including the owner of the BArber shop .. now what happens if I marry her ... Do I get her shop?

I am also trying to find some women of prominence to marry ... I have one wife but I need more

Sheeyt
09-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Derty if you marry her she will move into the house you own and there will be no barber.

Whizard97
09-17-2004, 11:53 AM
You marry the barber there'll be no barber... you know this for a fact or are you just GUESSING?

rpgreligion
09-17-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure a new barber will take over.

As for the other questions, I don't believe you will own the shop. However, I'm currently married to a bar maid, and I collected a 2000 dollar dowry when I married.

Whizard97
09-17-2004, 01:48 PM
that's right... you get a dowry based on the person you marry....

Shoua
09-17-2004, 01:55 PM
i married the mayor of Bowerstone Lady Gray. i got me a large dowry of 15000 gold!! I like it when you are married how the women give you gifts!!....now just to get that to happen in real life, it be sweet to here my g/f say "oh, hunny i got you this steal great sword today" ahah that'd be cool.