PDA

View Full Version : 56kers there still a hope!!!!!

monkeyman
01-27-2002, 07:56 PM
i was reading my xbox magizine and someone asked the guy a question about how he could get it hooked up because he didnt have a dsl or broadband or any line that can allow you to hook your xbox online well the guy said that soon on one of the xbox magizines around late spring early summer that one of the disks they put in will have stuff for you to download so that like 56kers can hook their xbox online!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!:D

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:06 PM
yes, the hope is CABLE! 56k gives nothing but lag.

Azazel
01-27-2002, 10:01 PM
So true. Dont waste your time without highspeed!

Rochey69r
01-28-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by monkeyman
i was reading my xbox magizine and someone asked the guy a question about how he could get it hooked up because he didnt have a dsl or broadband or any line that can allow you to hook your xbox online well the guy said that soon on one of the xbox magizines around late spring early summer that one of the disks they put in will have stuff for you to download so that like 56kers can hook their xbox online!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!:D

which magazine man??

Darax
01-28-2002, 01:19 AM
I could easily hook my x-box up with 56k so long as I could enable internet connection sharing. Lag would be horrendous-don't believe me, go to www.gamespy.com get the equipment you need and try halo at 56k.

Games are being written with broadband in mind. Even though it is possible, the experience you get will be very poor. Users that try this will end up complaining in message forums like these that x-box online is laggy-they won't state that they have 56k, they'll just gripe.

Just becuase you can doesn't mean you should.

Have a nice day.:p

DOOM
01-28-2002, 08:23 AM
Well I Wont Be Getting Broadband Any Time Soon...
SoOo 56k Is Better Than Nothing!

scarecrow kfj
01-28-2002, 09:23 AM
so the "disk" will let 56ers play online but how you going to plug it in? The jack in the xbox is just for bb

Hugh_Jass
01-28-2002, 12:42 PM
If this is true then I hope the XBOX can (optionally) filter out the high-ping players. No offense, but I don't want 56Kers in my game.

Actually, I hope it isn't true. I don't want developers to write games to the lowest common denominator if that means artificially throttling the bandwidth requirements down to 56K.

The XBOX is the console of the future not an artifact of the analog modem prison. If MS is to be competitive it needs to play on its strengths and not be hobbled by dial-up.

I know not everybody has a broadband choice. You have my sympathy but not my support.

LynxFX
01-28-2002, 12:53 PM
I agree. This would be a big step back rather than forward.

AVXbox
01-28-2002, 03:05 PM
i agree it sucks if you have to have a 56k modem but i dont wont you lagging up my game and having developers writing games that can use 56k modems and tone them down...this would ruin the gaming experience for all

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 04:27 PM
can 56kers like me still play but it will just lag a lot (and also how much?) and it said in the xbox official xbox magazine this(whats circled in red) im not sure if its readable though

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 04:34 PM
can 56kers like me still play but it will just lag a lot (and also how much?) and it said in the xbox official xbox magazine this(whats circled in red) im not sure if its readable though

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 04:57 PM
sry but heres the pick now (sry bout the red lines it got kinda screwy)

LynxFX
01-28-2002, 04:57 PM
If it lags alot you don't want to play.

I don't know about you but I don't really like watching a Halo slideshow.

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 05:02 PM
sry but heres the pick now (sry bout the red lines it got kinda screwy)

monkeyman
01-28-2002, 05:13 PM
god ****** nm with the picks i wonder if i should try to hook mine up with the internet and if it doesnt work then ill just wait until the magazine thingy comes out and if it doesnt work then then im screwed until a year and a half about

xboxman_1
01-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Dude, you really don't want to play xbox with 56k. Me and a friend were playing online halo, and he had like really good ping, I'm not sure how good ping can get but we were playing at like 90 or a 100 or something like that. And a lot of the games were so laggy and unresponsive we just quit. It's not a fun experience like that.

AVXbox
01-29-2002, 02:43 PM
just to let you know...90-100 is not really good ping for Halo

xboxman_1
01-30-2002, 09:56 PM
All I know is that on the lobby page, where it has the green and red bars, (with a really short red bar being bad) the whole bar was fillled and it was green. So thats gotta be good. I didn't see anyone on there with better.So just quiet.