PDA

View Full Version : whats the diff b/w p.ego and morrowind?

E-Xbox
01-27-2002, 08:48 PM
hey all
i am gonna get project ego guarenteed
and i have been hearing a lot bout morrowind
what is morrowind bout?
i have read previews and stuff...but i am still unsure
and what is the diff b/w morrowind and ego??
plz help...i am thinking of buying morrowind

lata
:) :) :) :) :)

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:51 PM
Project Ego has more features, like your character tans in exposed to too much sunlight, he gets scars from battle, he grows hair and can have a family, etc. Morrowind is basically like the same thing, but with the omission of what I have just stated, plus it comes out first...

wizkid918
01-27-2002, 08:52 PM
buy them both

BiohazardEHW
01-27-2002, 08:53 PM
I know I will...

and get Enclave while your at it (dunno when the USA release date is tho...) but Enclave is such a good game, only the Xbox can handle it...plus it has multiplayer :)

E-Xbox
01-27-2002, 08:55 PM
hey all
thanks for the quick response
so in morrowind...u still age from like 15 to 80?
and u still get to pick like good or bad?
and pick what job?
and ruin other peeps life?
and have the freedom to do ne thing except what u said biohazard?

wizkid918
01-27-2002, 09:11 PM
you dont age at all, you still pick good or bad, you start with all 27 skills at low levels and have to build up only some (9-18???) becasue you cant do all of them, no jobs, ruin peeps life yes, and you can do ANYTHING

Nato King
01-27-2002, 09:17 PM
Morrowind is set in the fantastical world of Tamriel, and the game takes place on the large volcanic island of Vvardenfell. You arrive on the island as a prisoner and are tasked, like an indentured servant, to complete a variety of missions in exchange for your freedom. These early quests serve partly as a tutorial but also act as a primer to the real story before you embark any adventure of consequence. The interesting thing about your first few hours on the island is that you can attempt to escape at almost any time. Immediately, we discovered Morrowind's chief difference from other single-player console RPGs--you're free to do pretty much whatever you want. You'll face a similar defining moment later in the game when you encounter the strange entity known as "The Blight," which you learn is transforming Vvardenfell into a barren wasteland. You can try to stop it and save the island--a quest Bethesda estimates would take about 40 hours--or if that sounds boring, you can put it on the backburner and explore the 100 hours' worth of side quests instead. These quests mostly involve aligning yourself with one of the five countries, guilds, or religious factions on the island, which all have tasks for you to complete. What makes your freedom all the more real is the fact that Vvardenfell is a completely rendered land with real-time nights and days, dozens of towns to visit, and almost every nook and cranny navigable--or at least visible.

Gameplay takes place from a third-person perspective (which can be adjusted to a first-person view if you prefer). And like most PC RPGs, you must design your character before you can begin. Morrowind offers more than 25 skills (including traits such as personality, luck, and thievery) to build upon, as well as some unique racial choices: the Redguard, who are quick and powerful warriors; the Bretons, intelligent and powerful sorcerers; Nords, who are tall, quick, and resistant to cold; and the Khajiits, who are feline thieves. Additionally, you have aristocratic Imperials and Argonians--both intelligent races--though Argonians are more predisposed toward immorality. And finally, you can also choose from three different elfin subclasses: "high," (magically inclined) "dark," (warriors) and "wood" (thieves and archers). Your race selection is important because many of these races have a natural dislike for one another, meaning you may get along well with some while becoming an instant enemy of others. Your individual statistics, equipment, and reputation further complicate relations with nonplayer characters (NPCs) since they all work to affect others' dispositions toward you. "Disposition" is synonymous with respect in Morrowind--an NPC with a high disposition number indicates friendly feelings toward you, while low numbers bespeak antipathy. If you're a smooth talker or a charismatic figure, dialogue is an easy way to up your disposition points; however, characters without the gift of gab will have to let their appearance or actions do the talking. You can improve your appearance statistic by wearing expensive armor, while actions, like "admire," "intimidation," or "taunt," can also influence disposition, albeit with some specific (and sometimes unpleasant) side effects.

BiohazardEHW
01-28-2002, 07:10 PM
Also, you create your own character in Morrowind right at the start of the game...and you have to get out of prison before you get out in the 'real world'. Then you can basically do anything you want. It's like Ultima 8, but will probably be better...

PS: Ultima 8 kicks áss!