PDA

View Full Version : The Last Great HALO Tourny

(ScArab)
09-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Halo 2 is only a short wait now; and we all know we must inevitably face our final Halo LAN party. ...By gathering together 16 trusted Haloiers with 4 TV’s & XBox’s. Setting up the HUB with all the boxes and sitting down in a crowded, stuffy room full of yelling and screaming gamers...

...Soon all us Haloiers will be moving on to the fabled “Halo 2,” and forget about playing Halo LAN games once we have gotten our first taste of LIVE.

I know my day is coming. Halo 2 comes out on a Tuesday, meaning I’ve got one last LAN party to accompany on Friday September 5th. It’ll certainly be a legendary gathering.

...But then again, I’ll be glad to say bye to the 3-shot pistol deaths :P

How about you all?

CMX Jedi
09-19-2004, 09:07 PM
i never had a lan party :cry:
but who cares halo 2 will be live :D

AlphaRaptor
09-19-2004, 11:53 PM
I still think Halo 2 lan will be a great thing, its not only the game that makes it fun. If your with a bunch of fun freinds, forget about Live. Live is good when your alone :D

jelgiad
09-20-2004, 09:25 AM
That's actually a good idea. I'm gonna have to see about setting up a halo Lan party the weekend before halo 2 comes out myself.

Huckleberry
09-20-2004, 11:07 AM
our old circle of twelve clan is getting together for three days. on the 8th we will be playing our last halo lan. it will be a day of honoring, a bit of drinking, lots of smacktalk, and general homage to a game that is being put out to pasture, not because of it's own demise (it's still the greatest game to ever show on the xbox), but because it's own bloodline is poised to take the throne.

MajorTom
09-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Halo 2 will be Live but it will also be great to have lan parties for it. My friends are planning a Halo 2 LAN party for November 11th. It should be really fun because no one will have played it enough to become incredibly good at it.

stormin4
09-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Halo 2 will be Live but it will also be great to have lan parties for it. My friends are planning a Halo 2 LAN party for November 11th. It should be really fun because no one will have played it enough to become incredibly good at it.

I'm right with you MajorTom. My friends and I will be doing the same thing. Allthough live is cool, there's nothing that beats giving each other **** in person! :)

bretman1234
09-20-2004, 05:22 PM
I loved Halo Lan parties. I had quite a few a couple years back, we would set up 2 xboxes at my friends house, and 4 would go in 1 room and 4 would go in the other room. That **** was hilarious and incredible fun. Unfortunately, that friend who hosted them moved to Nova Scotia, so I haven't had one in over a year :cry:

Xorg
09-20-2004, 08:42 PM
I go to Halo LANs almost every weekend, its fun ****, eight people, halo, and pizza

BSMGamer
09-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok, don't be stupid and hang out with people you don't know.Go to http://www.xbconnect.com (pirated xbox live) Then go to downloads and download the newest eddition of xbox connect.Then after you set everything up you can host a LAN game over the internet and other people will join and play in that LAN game with you.

Xorg
09-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Ok, don't be stupid and hang out with people you don't know.Go to http://www.xbconnect.com (pirated xbox live) Then go to downloads and download the newest eddition of xbox connect.Then after you set everything up you can host a LAN game over the internet and other people will join and play in that LAN game with you.
Why would you hangout with people you dont know? LANs are about hanging out with your friends, and xbc wont be much like LAN with the lag.