PDA

View Full Version : Don’t THROW it, BLOW it!

(ScArab)
09-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Two days ago my roommate’s XBox started giving him dirty disk errors. It ran just fine the day before, but then hardly anything read! What had happened?

It was dirt! Damn dust and minute hairs that terrorize your XBox! So I advised him to BLOW his XBox with air. And for $5 from K-Mart he got a compressed can of air and fixed his $150 XBox.

Great story huh? Just remember the moral of the story: don’t throw it when you can blow it!

So whenever you get an error it’s PROBABLY due to DIRT!

HOW TO CLEAN:
1) Open the CD-Tray
2) Unplug the XBox's power cord.
3) Look inside and you'll SEE the lazer at the front of the XBox.
4) Proceed to blow air on the lazer, making sure to hold the air-canister verticle, or else you might form water crystals on your lenze.
5) Replug and you're good as new!

CMX Jedi
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Two days ago my roommate’s XBox started giving him dirty disk errors. It ran just fine the day before, but then hardly anything read! What had happened?

It was dirt! Damn dust and minute hairs that terrorize your XBox! So I advised him to BLOW his XBox with air. And for $5 from K-Mart he got a compressed can of air and fixed his $150 XBox.

Great story huh? Just remember the moral of the story: don’t throw it when you can blow it!

So whenever you get an error it’s PROBABLY due to DIRT!
......right
oh and you can get a 2 pack of compresed air at sams club for $8, a deal for ya there

MajorTom
09-21-2004, 04:41 PM
You know what? My dad has a can of compressed air. I can borrow his and that would be free.

AlphaRaptor
09-21-2004, 04:47 PM
I keep my Xbox out of the dust and dirt, and it stills runs like the day I bought it.

Spaztic
09-21-2004, 04:47 PM
ghey...

CarGuy
09-21-2004, 04:51 PM
ghey...

Indeed

MajorTom
09-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Hey, do you think one of them cans of compressed air would be able to clean out my toaster over?

Casper
09-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Sounds like the old Nintendo days...

Whisper
09-21-2004, 10:00 PM
blowing hot air into the game cartridges and in the system.. oooo those were the days.

Tony_Macaroni
09-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah lol those days are gone (thank god) yet will ALWAYS be remembered. hahahaha

tangwu
09-23-2004, 12:25 PM
I just got my hands on a Top loading NES... love it.

bretman1234
09-23-2004, 07:15 PM
I still occasionally play Duck Hunt on my Nintendo and my trick is as follows:

Blow in cartridge
Blow in Nintendo
Insert cartridge
Press down on cartridge
Turn on Nintendo, only to get Blue-White-Blue-White-Blue-White blinking
Crush fist into top of Nintendo, to which the blinking freezes
Press reset
And it works :)

Moody Moon
09-25-2004, 03:14 PM
and so what if the can of air doesn't help? I'm not even getting the disk error anymore and have already tried the can of air.

CMX Jedi
09-25-2004, 04:14 PM
and so what if the can of air doesn't help? I'm not even getting the disk error anymore and have already tried the can of air.
hmm sounds like it must of died on ya, buy a new xbox.

Moody Moon
09-26-2004, 09:41 AM
I did indeed buy a new one..... still tryin to get the old one to work though, i can get to the saved games on the old one, is there anyway to get the saved games on the new Xbox? I'm thinking by the time I get all my games played and saved on the new Xbox it might die on me again.

Moody Moon
09-26-2004, 03:25 PM
hmm sounds like it must of died on ya, buy a new xbox.
on second thought, you sound so cool about it, um, how many Xbox's have you bought becuz yours died? I came here hopeing to find others with the same problem as I'm having. If buying a new Xbox is the only answer here, then perhaps I came to the wrong place.

Casper
09-26-2004, 05:04 PM
I did indeed buy a new one..... still tryin to get the old one to work though, i can get to the saved games on the old one, is there anyway to get the saved games on the new Xbox? I'm thinking by the time I get all my games played and saved on the new Xbox it might die on me again.
When you say 'dieing' what do you mean? Is it not booting? Can you get into the dashboard? Or does it start blinking on the eject button in red?

If you're just having disk read problems, buying a new Xbox isn't the only answer - you can purchase a new laser and replace it on your Xbox - but do you still have your warranty for your old one?

There's many options you can do to repair it, you just have to search on the Net to find the replacement parts. If it's a booting issue (you get no power), look for a power supply. If it's just the disk read error, get a replacement drive or laser.

JJaX
09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Heres an Idea...

Take care of your crap, and it wont break.

Moody Moon
09-26-2004, 05:34 PM
wow tysm, I knew I came to the right place! I dint know I could get replacement parts for my Xbox, very interesting. It dint exactly die, it just won't play any games. (Might as well be dead I guess). Where would I look online for replacement parts? Can I replace them myself? I only get the 4 options screen (memory, music, Xbox live, settings) after the logo screen comes on. I used to get the dirty disk error message but not even that anymore. I used to be able to open and close the tray a few times and then it would work, but was taking longer and longer to start play and not won't at all. How do I know if it's the lazer or what the prob is in order to get the right replacement part? Thanks again for any info you can share.

Moody Moon
09-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Heres an Idea...

Take care of your crap, and it wont break.
um.....are you calling the Xbox "crap"? Just asking...... :watchout:

(ScArab)
09-26-2004, 09:09 PM
lol :P