PDA

View Full Version : Where was the Buzz on this game: Kingdom Under Fire

Brutus
09-21-2004, 06:09 PM
I just got a PLAY Magazine & they gave an Xbox game called Kingdom Under Fire an "A" based on a Grade Scale. So, in otherwords, it got a 10. They graphics & screenshots are off the hook. Take a look:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/strategy/kingdomunderfire2tc/screenindex.html
When I saw them I almost crapped my pants! To think that I was thinking about getting Return of the King (Since there's no reason to boycott EA anymore) But once I saw the screenshots I thought I wouldn't be able to pass this up.
How does this thing PLAY! How are the controls?
Even a more baffling question: How did I not even know this was out already!!!??!?! :yikes:

Thanks
-Brutus!

LTM360
09-21-2004, 06:30 PM
alot of people have been talking about it on XBA... where have you been? I don't see why everyone is so interested in a game where you practially do the same thing over an over. Wow, fun... the game is also a ripoff of an already bad/successful game *coughdynastywarriorscough*..... eh, whatever. To each his own.

Brutus
09-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Ohh... Like I said. It's entirely new news to me.
But it's like Dynasty Warriors, only it's for Xbox Only, eh?! That's cool, right? How does it play? Anyone play it yet?

Chaotic
09-21-2004, 06:41 PM
It's very similar to dynasty warriors but has much better graphics and more expanded game play... I actually enjoy the game for what i have played...

AlphaCigara
09-21-2004, 06:49 PM
8/10 from Yahoo Games, 7.83 Overall from EGM, and 95 from Play (A+ would be 100). Decent reviews so far, but i'll wait for IGN and Gamespot's impressions before i consider a purchase

ChessPieceFace
09-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Yeah, it looks fun i cant wait to try it out. Hopefully the battles will be large.

Huckleberry
09-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, it looks fun i cant wait to try it out. Hopefully the battles will be large.

you need to go to the thread about how your username came about...i have to know.

Brutus
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Man. This looks, to me like an epic story with lots of Dialog. Kind of like RISK, the way they always wanted it - set in the mid-Evil times. I'm very interested & very Buzzed about this game now. Even though I have a Bajillion on Hold right now!!!

Spaztic
09-22-2004, 03:14 PM
There isn't alot of buzz because it is just a rehash of dynasty warriors....nothing special, not worth my money....might give it a rent.

Brutus
09-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, I've never really given Destiny Warriors the chance it should have got from me. Mostly because it's a port & those are dumb in my opinion. Kind of Like when they Ported Medal of Honor & stuff... I felt - robbed...

But this one looks to deliver. I mean, Quality Surround Sound, Spiffy Visuals... I guess they've made PC games before. I wonder how those were.

I'm not passing judgment on it at all right now. If it sounds as good as it looks, consider me standing in line waiting for it!

StudioAlex
09-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Since Fable has proved such a momentary high, Crusader looks set to be my filler until Halo 2 and KotOR2.

Whisper
09-22-2004, 08:52 PM
if Fable is a momentary high, what will Halo be? an overdose?

Tony_Macaroni
09-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes....yes i think it is. (overdose)

Brutus
09-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Yeah. HALO 2 is totally going to cause a lot of Craze. That's no doubt.
But how about This one!?! This is why I brought it up in this thread man! Anyone get a chance to check it out? It's Due out October 1st. Just about the time I'm done with Fable. But then, Doom 3...