PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind or Project Ego?

e10er
01-28-2002, 05:05 PM
Which one of these catches your eye most?:)

Lazarus
01-29-2002, 05:35 AM
Well Project Ego will certainly dominate the sales chart, and I would be hard-pressed to not pick it up first in Blockbuster. With all being equal (which they are to me). I'd say that I am gonna check both out impartially.

Personally though, RPGs are not my forte; shooters and action games best serve console gaming. That's just my opinion.

Oh and e10er, nobody particulary likes someone who posts an obviously bias and unfounded review such as the one you posted for NFL 2K2. All of your hypes except for Morrowind are ones...did you buy the Xbox, or are you just full of spite?

Rancey
01-29-2002, 06:18 AM
I'm definetely getting both, however I am looking more forward to Project Ego.

manchufu
01-29-2002, 07:39 PM
Both are excecllent titles, but Project Ego is so much more appealing, it's like, so close to reality, i won't need to leave my xbox

BiohazardEHW
01-29-2002, 08:42 PM
I voted for Project Ego (like the other 5 people), but I'm looking forward to Morrowind a bit more. #1, its coming out sooner, alot sooner...and #2, the characters look more realistic.

BiohazardEHW
01-29-2002, 08:43 PM
why isn't my sig pic showing up? Stupid áss picupload...

deez nuts
01-30-2002, 02:58 PM
i am def ganna get both games....i will forget to eat sleep and take dumps when i get my hands on them i will be like this guy:p never blinking and keeping my eyes moist wit my tongue...like a lizard....:rolleyes: yes i know you think i am strange by now or a while ago but these games are ganna be the best...morrowind and project ego are ganna make me miserable...i will smell:( yes that bad my green folk....have to put him in again....aahhhh:p lick my eye...im going crazy waiting for them:confused: the :mad: will stop when i have the games in my hands...

i go like grandulf:)

Masta Chief
02-03-2002, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure about Morrowind, just doesn't seem good. BUt I am def getting Project EGO!

Nato King
02-08-2002, 10:23 AM
That is the Question.

I am buying Morrowind because I need something to keep me busy until Project Ego hits the stores.

Huckleberry
02-12-2002, 10:37 AM
i'm thinking that of the two, project ego is gonna kick serious butt, but there could be an even better rpg developed....check this out for an idea

project deez nuts...you have to make him go take showers, poop, eat (then probably poop again), open the curtains to see what natural light is like, gradually build up his stamina so that he can stand 3 straight breaths of cool, fresh, outside air. your arch-rivals in the game are 10 of the most nefarious console game developers ever, and the EPA. your success will eat into the game developer's profits, and the EPA is worried about the air and water quality within a 10 mile radius of what they call "the stink zone" aiding you in your quest will be dees nut's parents, roommates, neighbors, etc...who have taken to sleeping on the roof with their sharper image air purifier in order to survive.

deez nuts
02-12-2002, 12:39 PM
i have been so mad learning about how morrowind keeps getting pushed back....but i laugh...to blow by time i play age of empires 1....and i dont like any of the game that are comin out...i might buy...somthing but i dunno what....i dont like sports games...but action ....anyone know how azurik or genma or bloodwake or wreckless are

monkeyman
02-12-2002, 08:56 PM
morrowind getting the stuffing,pants,snot beat out or off of it

im gonna have ta get both:D

hellfire
02-12-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by deez nuts
i have been so mad learning about how morrowind keeps getting pushed back....but i laugh...to blow by time i play age of empires 1....and i dont like any of the game that are comin out...i might buy...somthing but i dunno what....i dont like sports games...but action ....anyone know how azurik or genma or bloodwake or wreckless are

Genma = great game, don't buy it though, rent it - 8 hours tops. Bloodwake, pretty decent, decent multiplayer and lots of unlockables, probably worth a buy if you like twisted metal type games. Wreckless = probably the best looking game I have ever seen, but only worth a rent in my opinion - pretty short, and no extra levels or multiplayer at all. ALso no free cruise mode.

TheCovenant
02-12-2002, 10:14 PM
OKAy, let me see if i got this straight. Project ego comes out sometime in November, and Marrow wind comes out this month.....can you really compare them if theyre so far apart? I mean thats like saying what would you rather play, Halo or some launch game that sbeen announced for the xbox 2......which will be out by the time i need a respirator to keep playing halo while concious.............geez what a dumb question........:(

hellfire
02-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
OKAy, let me see if i got this straight. Project ego comes out sometime in November, and Marrow wind comes out this month.....can you really compare them if theyre so far apart? I mean thats like saying what would you rather play, Halo or some launch game that sbeen announced for the xbox 2......which will be out by the time i need a respirator to keep playing halo while concious.............geez what a dumb question........:(

lmao! - no kidding, totally different games, a year apart from eachother. Plus, I read a couple places Morrowind isn't comin out till next month now :( - not sure, if anyone knows, info would be appreciated.

TheCovenant
02-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Why does it say hat hellfire answered the last post if it was me? The Covenant just wants his just desserts....is that so wrong?

xboxpebbles
02-13-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by hellfire

lmao! - no kidding, totally different games, a year apart from eachother. Plus, I read a couple places Morrowind isn't comin out till next month now :( - not sure, if anyone knows, info would be appreciated.

yes..april 23 is the new release date:mad: :mad:
*sigh*
its gonna be a while, but spring is
just around the corner:D '
and this awsome rpg is just getting
better as they get more time..
p.s. the games are comparable b/c
they r both doing something to
the rpg genre that could change
the way developers make games..
they are very comparable(not
that alike) imo..lol

hope that helps:)

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 02:34 PM
I am going to wait until both games are out and find out which one is better! Lets not pump up these games becuase recently all it has lead up to is dissapointment!

hellfire
02-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I am going to wait until both games are out and find out which one is better! Lets not pump up these games becuase recently all it has lead up to is dissapointment!

I agree - anytime a game gets overhyped, the only thing that follows is dissapointment - also, thnx pebbles, I searched around and confirmed the release date you posted of 4/23 - good find, just sux for xbox gamers :(

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, Prokect Ego captures my vision, and my imagination of trully controlling and enthralling gameplay
But take no credit away from Morrowind, it also looks great, but for me Project EGO will be my first RPG game for the XBOX:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

xboxpebbles
02-25-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by hellfire

I agree - anytime a game gets overhyped, the only thing that follows is dissapointment - also, thnx pebbles, I searched around and confirmed the release date you posted of 4/23 - good find, just sux for xbox gamers :(

also, there have been rumors that
it will come out 3/26-:D
but, spring 2002 is the closest they
will say:(
:)

Plewis
02-27-2002, 01:55 PM
For some reason Project Ego better to me also

Durden-XBA
02-27-2002, 06:26 PM
How about both? For me one title isn't enough to tide me over. Given the chance right now, I'd take Ego, but since that's not really a viable possibility, I'm gonna go with Morrowind, you know? I mean, yeah it's a decent debate, if they were both out right now, but since there's practically half a year between them, it's really hard to say one way or the other.

The fact that MW comes out first tho, I think really helps it's case. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. Same time, same place, only in December.

In the mean time lets give Hunter and Brute Force a roll.

STEAD!

SciFi
02-27-2002, 06:36 PM
yes, play morrowind to get you in shape and keep you from killing yourself while waiting for PE...

:cool:

smitty78
03-01-2002, 10:34 PM
progect ego is my fav. but marrowind looks good too.

and i'm out this motha

morgan_rhys
03-03-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm really eager to play them both but I'd have to say: Project Ego for the Xbox and Morrowind for the PC. As beautiful as Marrowind look for the Xbox - it won't have the access to user created worlds that I think will be such an asset to Morrowind's longevity.

goingwreckless
03-03-2002, 09:04 PM
project ego cause i dont know what is marrowmind but i will get both

Jake4511
03-04-2002, 11:59 AM
I am going to get morrowind first, considering it comes out april. It willl probably last me til july, then ill get ego!:)

linkycat
03-07-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm goin strong here for Morrowind... I mean, Ego looks awesome! Don't get me wrong, but the screen so of morrowind on it's homepage look intense.

Both are so similar, in the way you have to mold your character to your liking, that I think it will eventually come down to story. Which one captivates you more, which gives you more options but doesn't have wierd sidequests that completely stray from the story.

I'm a big fan of turnbased RPGs, and honestly I didn't care too much for the action RPG revolution Phantasy Star Online. It's just me, I'm wierd. But I am pumped for both games, I'll buy both.

My money is on Ego to be better... It has had more time to be developed. But the box needs a good RPG, and I think Morrowind will tide us over, and hopefully draw in a crowd of interest.

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

csoldier
03-08-2002, 04:36 PM
I think both games are gonna be worth buying. Even though Project Ego looks to be better, Morrowind will be here next month and even that wait is excruciating. I'm going crazy waiting for an RPG; and I can't bring myself to hook that old PS back up and play an old FF game- it's just not the same. AHHHHHHH! :eek: give me an RPG for my Xbox!!!!