PDA

View Full Version : we have to admit microsoft isn't doing it in JAPAN...

odpr
09-24-2004, 08:05 AM
I just saw the list of games th companys are showing in Japan, amazingly there is almost nothing to the xbox there, the way I see it, Xbox will dominate all the places excpet for japan, and that what will happen in the next gen, actually every one will wait to see what sony will do and then decide..

so the one year head of microsoft won't help them..

Chr0nik
09-24-2004, 08:17 AM
I personally don't care. Let Japan and the rest of Asia play their PS2.

As long as Xbox is thriving in other markets, most importantly in North America, that is all that is important too me.

Catering and favoritism to the Asian market really gets me sick, especially when they never respond favourably to it.

Why does Microsoft not give us the same deals and perks that they offer them?

AlBoogy
09-24-2004, 09:25 AM
You want us to admit it NOW? Weve been admitting this since the first day XBox came out.

Cyberman
09-24-2004, 09:26 AM
I don't care either. Xbox maybe doing terrible there. But it's doing great here.

In fact. It even outsold the PS2.

CharlieHustle
09-24-2004, 09:26 AM
i came to a realization that we dont need the japanese influence, in our game.. I like their games, but i like the games made by most american developers. Thats the reason why MS has been pushing for stronger sales in japan, because of the deveolpers over there. MS is doin excellent over here and thats all that matters, on top of that, we are getting quality games left and right. As long as we(us americans) are happy, then im happy.

LiquidX
09-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Who cares. I like very few Japanese style games anyway. How many Final Fantasy games (or wannabe FF games) can you play? I dont want to watch movies more than im actually playing.

OuFtb
09-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Launching at the extraordinary price of ¥19’000 (€140, £95), the Xbox Platinum Pack 3 will include:

Xbox Console

Xbox DVD Playback Kit

Xbox Live Subscription

Blinx 2

Top Spin

Halo

Project Gotham Racing 2

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=6453

Microsoft has just announced a new bundle for Japan^^, when I saw that my first thought was why can't we get that kind of deal. I really don't care about Japan or how much any of the consoles sell over there, as long as Xbox does good here I'll be happy.

Duke
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
You want us to admit it NOW? Weve been admitting this since the first day XBox came out.

Exactly, I don't think anyone is in denial over this.

dances with broom sticks
09-24-2004, 11:16 AM
My only complaint is those special edition xboxs they got a while ago....

I think one was white. I want that xbox. Why would you make a special xbox for a place that isnt interested in buying them as opposed to the places that actually play your systems

Duke
09-24-2004, 11:19 AM
Because they're trying to increase interest. Japan loves special editions and all of that. They know most Americans are not going to buy a first or second xbox because the color changed.

Whether we think it's important or not, Japan is a huge market for video games. You just don't ignore it if you're out to make money.

Variation-XBA
09-24-2004, 11:29 AM

Because if it's not doing so well in one market, they have to try and intice people to buy their system.

It's all about making profit.

CRAYMAN
09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Because if it's not doing so well in one market, they have to try and intice people to buy their system.

It's all about making profit.

It's more about gaining market share as MS is probably losing $$$ on the special bundles they are offering the Asian markets.

Kortiz
09-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Like said above -- why admit it now (more or less AGAIN!?!?). This has been talked about forever -- and even before the release of Xbox.

Microsoft will never prevail in Japan. Japan is loyal to it's own. Outsiders are a taboo over there.

With that said -- I'd say pull out, if it weren't for MS trying to globalize their technology....but when money is involved -- some cracka ass cracka from Indiana isn't going to convince them of anything.

Czm21x
09-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Catering and favoritism to the Asian market really gets me sick, especially when they never respond favourably to it.

I agree. The Japanese who buy DOAU get a bunch of good free stuff with the game.

TheCovenant
09-24-2004, 03:13 PM
I just saw the list of games th companys are showing in Japan, amazingly there is almost nothing to the xbox there, the way I see it, Xbox will dominate all the places excpet for japan, and that what will happen in the next gen, actually every one will wait to see what sony will do and then decide..

so the one year head of microsoft won't help them..

dang...well, you convinced me. I, TheCovenant, hereby admit that microsoft ist all big laughs and sunshine in japan.

AlphaRaptor
09-24-2004, 06:42 PM
i came to a realization that we dont need the japanese influence, in our game.. I like their games, but i like the games made by most american developers. Thats the reason why MS has been pushing for stronger sales in japan, because of the deveolpers over there. MS is doin excellent over here and thats all that matters, on top of that, we are getting quality games left and right. As long as we(us americans) are happy, then im happy.
Im with you 100% :)

Over here in America, the Xbox pwns and thats what counts.

AlBoogy
09-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Im with you 100% :)

Over here in America, the Xbox pwns and thats what counts.

Come now. Lets not have fanboy glasses on. It does not own in America. Its getting owned by Sony. It will be different next round though. ;)

AlphaRaptor
09-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Come now. Lets not have fanboy glasses on. It does not own in America. Its getting owned by Sony. It will be different next round though. ;)
Na, not as far as I can tell. And what I see, is what I beleive. :cool:

odpr
09-26-2004, 03:38 AM
welp, the question is can MS survive without the JAp market ?

SPARTAN VI
09-26-2004, 04:06 AM
welp, the question is can MS survive without the JAp market?

A multi-billion dollar corporation? Yes.

thunder
09-26-2004, 08:10 AM
The japanesse market is big for microsoft yes

But the US market is bigger for sony, than the japanesse market is for microsoft so if you do a japan on PS2 in the US you can cripple PS2.

TheCovenant
09-27-2004, 03:42 AM
welp, the question is can MS survive without the JAp market ?

Jap?

haha, WW2 is over dude....