PDA

View Full Version : tony hawk Pro skater. (four)

odpr
09-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Can someone please do me a huge favor and explain to me what the hell people find in this game>?

I got the last game from a friend, and was a mazed to find how boring it is, there is nothing to do there, amped is much much better/

this game sux so bad, I can't figure how they mange to sell so many of it... and make so many sequals,,,!

LTM360
09-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 is so insanely bad, that it cannot be described.

THPS 1,2,2x and 3 are so much better. I hate 4 and THUG (Underground) with a passion, and love 3 to death. It's amazing how easily a game can be shoved down the tiolet with one lousy version.

Wolfboy_888
09-24-2004, 09:11 PM
4s a good nothing to do on the weekend might as well game. Havent played thug yet. Ill probably get it if its like 5 bucks though.

TheWheelMan
09-24-2004, 10:21 PM
i liked thug it has lots of customiztion and stuff and im looking froward to thug 2 also

SoundX
09-25-2004, 04:40 AM
I knew the Hawk series was dead when they announced the new Undreground label. God knows how they'll keep selling this stuff for another 10 years. I think their contract is more than that too.

odpr
09-25-2004, 11:35 AM
what is the BIG diffrence between the three version and the four version ? still there is nothing to do in the game, and what is to do, is so boring, there ino tutrial like the amped... it sucks sp hard, thank god I haven't bought it...

AMazing how awful games get such a hyped and selling histaria!

Tony_Macaroni
09-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Thug Wus Awesome

dances with broom sticks
09-25-2004, 04:43 PM
there ino tutrial like the amped... it sucks sp hard, thank god I haven't bought it...

So the truth comes out, you just suck at it :p

That series kept my attention for the first game, then I played the second one for a few days and tried the 4th one but it was just too boring.

Its a fun series, but I think its too repetitive to get enough out of the game to make it good. especially after 3 or 4 previous games which were all vary similar

Darkside
09-25-2004, 09:13 PM
what is the BIG diffrence between the three version and the four version ?

THPS 3 you have 2 minutes to do most of your goals

THPS 4 you roam around finding people, and doing the goals that way.

JJaX
09-26-2004, 05:37 PM
LooK! Someones playing a New Tony Hawk game! Looks fun!!!!

http://linkage.cpmc.columbia.edu/photos/NYP/Friends/Weirdos/Gambino/sleeping.JPG

nutsnyomowf
09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
My 8 years old son plays Tony Hawk 4 everyday(I paid 7 for it)Me, not my type of game but he luvs it.

Variation-XBA
09-26-2004, 09:29 PM
I love the Tony series personally, and I find they get better every year. Can't wait for Thug2 next week :D

WynnFire
09-28-2004, 04:06 AM
All this time I thought I was the only one that felt that 4 was boring. I hated it. I have played and owned 1 & 2 for dreamcast, played 2X, 3, and 4, and THUG for Xbox. All but 4 were good. I can't wait to check out Thug 2, looks interesting.

LTM360
09-28-2004, 08:51 AM
I've loved the THPS series until the 4th came out. The rest have been an abomination...THUG 2 will only be worse.

Rochey69r
10-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Can someone please do me a huge favor and explain to me what the hell people find in this game>?

I got the last game from a friend, and was a mazed to find how boring it is, there is nothing to do there, amped is much much better/

this game sux so bad, I can't figure how they mange to sell so many of it... and make so many sequals,,,!

Tony hawk series in my opinion is the best game franchise ever made.

The first time i played tony hawk's pro skater on my ps1...i had the demo and i played it like all night long!!

i own all versions of the game except 2x!!! i wanna get 2x cause i heard it has all levels from tony 1 and 2. I cant get it but cause its not out in australia :(

Thug 2 should be good!! cant wait!!

i do agree though...4 was a let down in many areas..

try disney's skate adventure. take the tony hawk game engine and add characters from toy story and tarzan etc.....fun game for kids...train em young to be tony hawk veterans when they are older !!! hahaha

Reclaimer
10-04-2004, 05:10 AM
I had THPS3 and I liked it. I traded it in for THPS4 and at first I liked it because I liked the new format of looking for things to do and all that. But then I just got bored with the game. Find the money.... Find the letters.... Find the gaps.... over and over again. The game just got old.

odpr
10-04-2004, 05:54 AM
that\'s it. !! so what is the diffrenet in tony hawk three ?

Reclaimer
10-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Tony Hawk 3 made you complete your goals in an allotted time. So you essentially always did your best to maximize your run.
I liked the maps in THPS3 because there was places to find and events to trigger unlike in the 4th were everything was laid out already for you. Yes, the maps were bigger in 4, but it just pretty boring with nothing to unlock.

I just felt like I was actually doing something in 3.
Sometimes open endedness of a game is a bad thing if there's nothing to really do.

Cloud Wolf
10-05-2004, 06:08 AM
I think THUG is a brilliant I bought last week for £10 new, I am having loads of fun on I have completed it on every setting apart from Sick witch I am doing now, I have unlocked 3 Characters and it is reall difficult and a great challenge, I never played the Pro games so I really do not have an opinion but THUG for £10 is probably one of the best £10 I have ever spent .