PDA

View Full Version : funny question but... How is kotor?

odpr
09-24-2004, 05:33 PM
I know this is silly after so much time...
but since fable got out every one comp ring this two and saying kotor is the best and so on..
can someone please tel me what is the IDea in kotor, and is it a huge game that u need to spend ur life in it?

thanks !

LTM360
09-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Idea: Your a Republic Soldier and you being your quest after the invasion of your ship, you land on a planet and look for a higher Republic Soldier (Bastilla) and you begin your quest to kill Revan/Mallak from destroy/taking over the universe.

Case and Point: It's $20, and one of the best games ever made, you have no excuse for not playing it. :cuss: :p

Dyslexic Chaos
09-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Case and Point: It's $20, and one of the best games ever made, you have no excuse for not playing it. :cuss: :p

I think you had a typo there my friend. I think what you meant to say was "Case and Point: It's $20, and one of the best games ever made, you have no excuse for not playing it TWICE (light and dark). :cuss: :p"

Cryogenic Pyro
09-26-2004, 12:06 AM
I think you had a typo there my friend. I think what you meant to say was "Case and Point: It's $20, and one of the best games ever made, you have no excuse for not playing it TWICE (light and dark). :cuss: :p"
I didn't like the game enough to play it twice. A few hours into playing the dark side after playing the light side, I had already gotten bored of the game.

DemonLoki
09-26-2004, 12:15 AM
ITS TURN BASED! That is an excuse.
Well maybe it isnt. I hate turn based rpgs with great passion, but I did play this game for several hours.

AlBoogy
09-26-2004, 08:41 AM
ITS TURN BASED! That is an excuse.
Well maybe it isnt. I hate turn based rpgs with great passion, but I did play this game for several hours.

Its not your typical turn based RPG. Its more action then turn based.

TOTTEN
09-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Its not your typical turn based RPG. Its more action then turn based.
And more awsome than all other rpgs. :cheers:

LTM360
09-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Turn Based > Everyother RPG.

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IV, Skies of Arcadia, & Final Fantasy X are all better RPG's then Morrowind, Fable, & whatever else non-turn based RPG's there are. (except of course Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but that's the greatest game ever made.)

I personally found SW:KotOR to be more turnbased than not-so-turnbased...

Kortiz
09-26-2004, 10:58 AM
KOTOR is the best offline RPG I have ever played. Fable doesn't touch it.

However, the best RPG is a MMORPG -- You embark on that trail and you drop off the face of the earth...become a hermit and your skin becomes really pale. Try out Everquest for a month -- ask several of the cracka ass crackas on this site -- they will give the same opinion -- nothing touches an MMORPG. DO IT CRACKA DO IT!!!

AlBoogy
09-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Kortiz, MMO's are the devil.

Kortiz
09-26-2004, 11:35 PM
Alboogy speaks the truth - but the other truth is what I said above -- best experience.

You become a hermit -- but at the time, you just don't give a chit....YA HEARD A CRACKA?!?!?!

Brutus
09-27-2004, 11:23 AM
Man, all I got to say is KOTOR lost me just by being Star Wars. I don't know why, but there's something that just totally cuts me off from thinking that I can be immersed as a Jedi Knight. Especially with Laser Guns & Swords... It's just too much.

Swords & Arrows are much more favorable in My Opinion: Fable won my wallet.

Peepers
09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
It's only one of the best games ever made.

mattgame
09-27-2004, 04:50 PM
A great experience and you can get lost i it for a few hours. I used to love playing pazaak? I'm a gambler by nature.

CRAYMAN
09-27-2004, 05:40 PM
I think it's either love or hate it. I didn't care for it. I tried, but could not seem to enjoy it. I would say that I don't like turn based games, but I loved Fallout(PC) and it's REALLY turn based. I think I might be like Brutus. Arrows and Magic > Light sabres and the Force.

Peepers
09-27-2004, 07:22 PM
I think it's either love or hate it. I didn't care for it. I tried, but could not seem to enjoy it. I would say that I don't like turn based games, but I loved Fallout(PC) and it's REALLY turn based. I think I might be like Brutus. Arrows and Magic > Light sabres and the Force.

LTM360 didn't like it at first either. Then I made fun of him incessantly until he played and got of Taris. Doing that made him fall in love with the game.

You should try the same. I guarantee you'll love it.

LTM360
09-27-2004, 07:25 PM
And it's easily the best Xbox game there is, and quite possibly one of the Top 3 best games ever made.

Cryogenic Pyro
09-27-2004, 08:47 PM
KOTOR is the best offline RPG I have ever played. Fable doesn't touch it.

However, the best RPG is a MMORPG -- You embark on that trail and you drop off the face of the earth...become a hermit and your skin becomes really pale. Try out Everquest for a month -- ask several of the cracka ass crackas on this site -- they will give the same opinion -- nothing touches an MMORPG. DO IT CRACKA DO IT!!!
I agree with the MMORPG thing. MMORPGs can be games that would blow ass as a single player experience, and still be fun. I don't agree with you on Everquest though. The game plays like hockey would if you played with cleets and a baseball bat. Not to mention the horrendous visuals. I almost threw up after about an hour into my trial. I threw up a little, just enough to hit the top of my throat, as soon as I saw the game. Crappy graphics, crappy gui. Then, after playing the game, I threw up into my mouth, because of the ****ty gameplay. I brought myself to swallow though, because this game is so crappy, it doesn't deserve to make me hurl. I wish the scale was from negative infinity to 10, so I could give the game a negative infinity. It's not, so it gets a 0/10 from me. I'd rather play an ASCII game in another language.

Brutus
09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
I agree with the MMORPG thing. MMORPGs can be games that would blow ass as a single player experience, and still be fun. I don't agree with you on Everquest though. The game plays like hockey would if you played with cleets and a baseball bat. Not to mention the horrendous visuals. I almost threw up after about an hour into my trial. I threw up a little, just enough to hit the top of my throat, as soon as I saw the game. Crappy graphics, crappy gui. Then, after playing the game, I threw up into my mouth, because of the ****ty gameplay. I brought myself to swallow though, because this game is so crappy, it doesn't deserve to make me hurl. I wish the scale was from negative infinity to 10, so I could give the game a negative infinity. It's not, so it gets a 0/10 from me. I'd rather play an ASCII game in another language.

Wow. That's a crappy game!
The only MMORPG I'll be playing online is the Role of Master Chief shoving a boot up your @ss!
Now that's a game certain to get some killer reviews!
Literally!
Spirit of Vengar!!!